MsNina

Withdrawal retraction

92 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Just because you are hearing something other than what you want to hear doesnt mean people don't support you or want to help. 

You withdrew your initial support of the I-129F.  You can't cancel that withdrawal of support. It really is in your relationship, self, and fiance's best interest to make sure the current I-129F is fully cancelled and to start over.   While this isn't what you want to do, it will save any heartache later and ensure a smoother process overall.  You can obviously continue on your current course if you choose.  If so I suggest asking a mod to close this thread so that do not continue to get advice you don't want to hear. 

I suggest rereading the TOS again as well.  

Excuse me. I am open to thoughts. Which is why  I posted. But i do not need to be attacked. Period. Some people are saying no..some people are optimistic...no one knows for sure. But i will definitely have an update shortly. I think i made the right decision by explaining myself in any event. So that it is on record and any attorney would advise that as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, MsNina said:

Excuse me. I am open to thoughts. Which is why  I posted. But i do not need to be attacked. Period. Some people are saying no..some people are optimistic...no one knows for sure. But i will definitely have an update shortly. I think i made the right decision by explaining myself in any event. So that it is on record and any attorney would advise that as well. 

As far as I know, a withdrawal has never been successfully recanted later on.  Let us know what happens.

8 CFR, section 103.2:

(6)Withdrawal. An applicant or petitioner may withdraw a benefit request at any time until a decision is issued by USCIS or, in the case of an approved petition, until the person is admitted or granted adjustment or change of status, based on the petition. However, a withdrawal may not be retracted.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Just now, Going through said:

As far as I know, a withdrawal has never been successfully recanted later on.  Let us know what happens.

8 CFR, section 103.2:

(6)Withdrawal. An applicant or petitioner may withdraw a benefit request at any time until a decision is issued by USCIS or, in the case of an approved petition, until the person is admitted or granted adjustment or change of status, based on the petition. However, a withdrawal may not be retracted.

Thank you. I am aware of the law. And again..its not yet withdrawn

Just now, Going through said:

By sending the letter, you have withdrawn it.

Even if it does get approved later on, the letter you wrote is on record.  

There have been cases reported here on VJ where an application/petition was approved and then the withdrawal letter later discovered at a later stage in that person's immigration journey, which resulted in the initial approval reversed.

So just be aware of that, too.

Best of luck.

Exactly. That is why i have filed a letter of retraction.

1 minute ago, hellofromme said:

you sent the letter. CONSIDER IT WITHDRAWN. 

and no one, not even my point blank no nonsense self, is being NEGATIVE. we are telling you what you can DO (not much) and to learn a lesson about acting rashly, and how the immigration process WORKS. Just because you do not LIKE what we are telling you,  does not make it any less TRUE. 

Its not about you telling me what you think is true. Its the way you are telling me. Again..i dont need the harshness. Thanks. And its not "we" i just meant you. Other peoole have been and your side and have been kinder. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Going through said:

Except that USCIS does not allow a retraction of a withdrawal letter, as stated in their own policies.

I will have a clear response on that soon. Things happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, MsNina said:

I will have a clear response on that soon. Things happen.

I hope you do come back to update us on it---and I do wish you the best of luck, whichever route you decide to pursue.  

Rash decision or not, life happens---so hopefully whichever way comes into play, you can move on from it and continue your immigration journey without any discourse later on in terms of USCIS.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

1 minute ago, Going through said:

I hope you do come back to update us on it---and I do wish you the best of luck, whichever route you decide to pursue.  

Rash decision or not, life happens---so hopefully whichever way comes into play, you can move on from it and continue your immigration journey without any discourse later on in terms of USCIS.

Thank you..lesson completely learned as soon as i sent. All i need is positive vibes...i am kicking my own ### myself. Lol. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, MsNina said:

Its not about you telling me what you think is true. Its the way you are telling me. Again..i dont need the harshness. Thanks. And its not "we" i just meant you. Other peoole have been and your side and have been kinder. Thanks.

im not willy wonka. i dont sugar coat. #sorrynotsorry you don't like blunt honesty. 

4 minutes ago, hellofromme said:

im not willy wonka. i dont sugar coat. #sorrynotsorry you don't like blunt honesty. 

Its not about sugar coating or being blunt. You dont know me or what I am going through. You can respectfully disagree but you are choosing to be disrespectful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.