2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thanks for words of encouragement BJ & Christine.  I have enough to keep me busy.  I know the difficult time for me will be during the Xmas holiday season when people are celebrating with loved ones.  I can handle the wait.  Yes, it's worth it at the end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tonie12 said:

Thanks for words of encouragement BJ & Christine.  I have enough to keep me busy.  I know the difficult time for me will be during the Xmas holiday season when people are celebrating with loved ones.  I can handle the wait.  Yes, it's worth it at the end.

FYI....... 

even tho u have filed for a k1 visa u can still visit each other. My fiancé as visited once already and will be visiting once again this week. 

Many others have visited during the process and never had a issue. Plus u can use the trips to bring stuff to leave at ur new 🏡. Saves on shipping cost. Even paying for extra baggage fees.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

That's a great idea.  The only thing I hate is having to go just for a couple of weeks.  This is all the time I will have to spend with him.  You gave me a great idea & it's something to consider.  I know you must be looking forward to your visit.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, BJ & Christine said:

FYI....... 

even tho u have filed for a k1 visa u can still visit each other. My fiancé as visited once already and will be visiting once again this week. 

Many others have visited during the process and never had a issue. Plus u can use the trips to bring stuff to leave at ur new 🏡. Saves on shipping cost. Even paying for extra baggage fees.

Unfortunately that won't be an option for us, my partner doesn't have tourist visa, and I have limited vacation time (and $$). I do plan to arrange things to be in Kiev for the interview, as I believe UA Embassy allows that.To be honest that was one of the reason why we decided on K-1 pathway instead of CR-1. CR-1 would be significantly cheaper in a long run but ... Another factor being me to be honest, I need this 90 days "safety" cushion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
26 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Words of advice as I have been waiting nearly 7 months as of now.

stay busy first and foremost

read other months threads. Can learn so much and answer a lot of the questions u may have along the journey.

stay relaxed. Stressing will get u no where. It’s going to happen for u one day. Other it will be quickly. Some may have to wait a bit longer. But, in the end we r all here for the same goal.

good luck August 2018 filers. The wait $&#*ing sucks. But the end result it be AWSOME!

Agreed. I am following the K1 May, June, and July filing posts. I figure as I see folks in those months start posting they received NOA2, it might help with the waiting. Plus, it will spur me to make sure we have all of our ducks in a row for the next step.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am feeling a sinking feeling after reading this thread. I sent my petition to Dallas via USPS Priority Mail on 8/3. I've not heard anything via email, text or snail mail up to this point. I am frustrated because I don't know what I did with the tracking information. USPS isn't able to help despite having the original transaction information on my bank statement. I submitted the $535 fee by WU money order and it has not been cashed. I guess fundamentally, whether or not I have the tracking information if it is lost, it is lost... It seems every case I've read for the last few months the wait time has been no more than 10 days from the date of mailing to receive electronic notice. I'm sitting at 24 days... Do I really need to wait 6 more days before I reach out to the main service center? Can I call or do I need to fill out the electronic request? Thank you for any help!

Timeline

In some cases the packet has been return to sender. I believe in one case it was due Lockbox facility not noticing included check and assuming check was missing, but even in that case it didn't quite take that long.  Do you remember where send envelope from? E.g. I used postal annex, and I believe they retain copy of tracking info. Priority mail is not suppose to get lost.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

In some cases the packet has been return to sender. I believe in one case it was due Lockbox facility not noticing included check and assuming check was missing, but even in that case it didn't quite take that long.  Do you remember where send envelope from? E.g. I used postal annex, and I believe they retain copy of tracking info. Priority mail is not suppose to get lost.

I sent directly from a local PO. I called and they said they cannot retrieve any information from the system and this seems to be supported by the info I find online. As you state, if they were to return it, I would have expected to see it in my mailbox by now. I may just try to find a number and call tomorrow given the fact it has been so long with zero response. Worst case scenario I have to wait a week and call again. Lucky news is after doing more reading, the intent to marry doesn't seem to actually require a wet signature to be processed any longer. I would presume the passport photo doesn't then either? I found mixed information and originally had my fiance send both letter of intent and passport photo with a wet signature. Resending by UPS or FEDEX again if I don't get good news following contact with the service cente rshouldn't be so bad if this is the case... it is just unfortunate the process will have been delayed 5-6 weeks if that is how things pan out.

Thank you!

Timeline

The intent to marry from my beneficiary was a printed out copy. Passport photos suppose to have printed names not signatures, I think the purpose of those is purely for identification. From instructions "Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo."

The number for USCIS is +1-800-375-5283.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Shiran said:

The intent to marry from my beneficiary was a printed out copy. Passport photos suppose to have printed names not signatures, I think the purpose of those is purely for identification. From instructions "Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo."

The number for USCIS is +1-800-375-5283.

Good luck!

If intent to marry letter not attached from both petitioner and beneficary they will reject the case

Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, Shiran said:

This is confusing process, I am learning as I go  along as well. I attached a form that I got I-797C. Good news is I think you are one of the earliest August filers, so here is to hoping. We are in for 6 months of silence now.

22 feb  most likely 15 feb  next year

Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, BJ & Christine said:

Words of advice as I have been waiting nearly 7 months as of now.

stay busy first and foremost

read other months threads. Can learn so much and answer a lot of the questions u may have along the journey.

stay relaxed. Stressing will get u no where. It’s going to happen for u one day. Other it will be quickly. Some may have to wait a bit longer. But, in the end we r all here for the same goal.

good luck August 2018 filers. The wait $&#*ing sucks. But the end result it be AWSOME!

My previous petition took 405 days for noa2 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi all(: 

My fiancé sent our paper with USPS on Aug 23 and USCIS picked it up on Aug 28!

I don’t still get any text/email😫

I really hope to get information soon. 

Good luck to all😘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, chs_ said:

Hi all(: 

Good luck to all😘

You'll probably get the email end of day tomorrow or Monday. 

8 minutes ago, chs_ said:

Hi all(: 

Good luck to all😘

Best case scenario, any minute today. If not, from tomorrow onward. 

Best wishes,

Catherine. 

Edited by Catherine36

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.