2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

What is the i-94. I dont get my passport stamped when I go to Texas  

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

It shows when you cross the border. You enter your passport info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

What is the i-94. I dont get my passport stamped when I go to Texas  

You don't always get stamped, you do most of the time but not every time you enter the US. The I-94 is mostly online now, it's a record of your US border crossings.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Case received - August 17th

NOA1 - August 22nd

RFE - January 24th

We got an RFE. Not sure why, we submitted way more than enough evidence. Way more than enough. Phone records, photos, passport stamps, flight records, Facebook posts, screenshots of Skype calls, money transfers.... I sent my lawyer the information this morning. Hopefully it’s a fast easy fix. I’m gonna try to call today and see if I can find out why. Old site doesn’t show it. It came up on the new site this morning. 

Does the RFE say exacty what was wrong? It should do.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Haven’t received the paper copy yet. It just showed up on the new site this morning. Was mailed yesterday it says.

I have heard before of instances where people have put in TOO much detail, ending up in the actual requirements for the petition being lost in the mix. We put only the essentials in our petition, just pictures of ourselves and with family, I-94 transcript, passport stamps and flight tickets/receipts. We left out phone/skype history, and our messages/facebook posts, out of fear we would overload the petition, since the requirement is only that you've met in the past two years, not that you have a relationship or not. I believe bonafide relationship is only to be proven at the embassy stage, not USCIS. 

However, could be something entirely different! Only time will tell. Hope the RFE doesn't put a big delay on things for you. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brylie said:

We went the extra mile with hiring the best law firm in the state to make sure this didn’t happen. We probably did overload them. Hopefully it is fast. Lots of praying is going to happen over the next few weeks. I was sure we wouldn’t get an RFE... I was so sure. I’m so curious what they could want from us. I did provide photos with family. I’m not sure how long the RFE process takes... But I will mail the info out immediately.

As far as I'm aware it takes around 3-4 weeks from sending the evidence to getting approval, so it's not too big of a delay in the scheme of things :) In my experience, lawyers are primarily for people with complicated immigration history that might struggle with the visa process. In fact, my fiancee and I visited an immigration lawyer that was honest enough to tell us this before we started the process! Usually when you come from a low-risk country that I'm sure Canada is, and have a clean immigration record, no previous marriages etc etc you don't need to worry about a lawyer.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Case received - August 17th

NOA1 - August 22nd

RFE - January 24th

We got an RFE. Not sure why, we submitted way more than enough evidence. Way more than enough. Phone records, photos, passport stamps, flight records, Facebook posts, screenshots of Skype calls, money transfers.... I sent my lawyer the information this morning. Hopefully it’s a fast easy fix. I’m gonna try to call today and see if I can find out why. Old site doesn’t show it. It came up on the new site this morning. 

Oh my that’s a bummer. We’re also Aug22 but still no updates 😐

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brylie said:

We’ve had so many complications all around. We didn’t want to chance anything so wanted to make sure nothing went wrong. Thank you so much for this. I feel sick, so sick right now. This makes me feel a little better.

I wouldn't worry! You're definitely not the first nor the last to get an RFE :) There are plenty of people in the same boat on VisaJourney, and even more that have successfully passed the RFE stage. Lots of support here! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, chs_ said:

I’m not sure it’s normal or not, but I was same😅

but I got approved August 24th on old website. And my NOA1 was around August 27-30th. Lol

(old website was August 27th, but didn’t know on new website and we didn’t have NOA1 hard copy😅🤣)

New website still wasn’t updated. 

You don’t need to worry too much about this!

hope you get approval soon!

Mine is the same. Old site shows dates and the new one doesn’t...it just says received and I don’t have to do anything at this time. August 30 filer here. Very anxious to hear back. 

Btw for any future brides here, have you purchased a wedding dress yet or picked out a tentative wedding ceremony spot? I’m so excited to get married and I just want to begin some sort of planning!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brylie said:

Our RFE was due to the agent. The USCIS worker failed to see my divorce decree that was included in the packet. Easy fix. The lawyer said he is sending it off right away stating where the decree was in the packet with another copy to make it faster. Should have a quick approval guys! 

Damn...that’s annoying thought that the worker didn’t look through hard enough and now it holds things up! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Our RFE was due to the agent. The USCIS worker failed to see my divorce decree that was included in the packet. Easy fix. The lawyer said he is sending it off right away stating where the decree was in the packet with another copy to make it faster. Should have a quick approval guys! 

Glad it's an easy fix even though annoying!!

12 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Well thats good and easy. Hang in there..noa2 is coming next!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Did you include a contents page that said where everything was? If so that's very frustrating that they would miss that. How much time must they even spend on these to miss that? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.