2,700 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

so are you saying you had an rfe when you say you resent what you had sent already?...if so how long was approval once submitted/fixed?

no i did not have an RFE, what i meant was that RapidVisa was looking over my documents and asked me to resend some things because they were not very clear so that they can send the package

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

if it makes you feel better i actually fully expect an RFE ☹️

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

6 minutes ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

aww...think positive!...what is your noa1 date

August 3

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

so to everyone wondering...my RFE was not an error do to rapid visa...uscis just wants a letter of intent from my fiance saying he will marry me within the 90 day period...sooo laaame ikr!...i gotta wait a possible 3+ more months because of this 🤦🏽‍♀️🙄😒...

The agent who handled our package requested us to submit 2 copies of letter of intent, one from my fiancé and one from me. I even had mine mailed all the way to the US from the Philippines. I think this is still a RapidVisa error. You may wanna have your own checklist of the requirements moving forward than trusting it all to RV. It appears their services depend on the agent assigned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

ok...i will notify how long i waited after i have submitted request...

How did you find out what RFE was for so quickly? Also you should update your timeline with the RFE date. I do not think this will be 3 months delay btw. They do not sent RFEs more than once, it means basically this is the only thing they need to approve you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JonMark said:

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for the longest time but this is my first time to post. I checked the new website and we finally got approved!!! The old site still says received, and I didn’t get any confirmation via text or email. 

Submitted: 08/02/18

NOA1: 08/07/18

Approval: 01/09/18

Now I’m looking forward to getting the NOA2 hardcopy soon! I wish everyone will get their approvals soon! 

E318A6A7-9DD3-4216-9CBE-6EE8A59E640B.jpeg

Congrats.  Don't forget to update your timeline

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmzzzt said:

The agent who handled our package requested us to submit 2 copies of letter of intent, one from my fiancé and one from me. I even had mine mailed all the way to the US from the Philippines. I think this is still a RapidVisa error. You may wanna have your own checklist of the requirements moving forward than trusting it all to RV. It appears their services depend on the agent assigned.

It is fine that you did this way, but I can tell for sure you do not need to sent original life signed copy. My fiancee typed it out, printed it, signed it, scanned it and sent me an image which I printed here and included into package. I know others have done the same. I believe the only True signature they expect is petitioner's signature at the end of 129F form, anything else can be copies. They do typically want 2 letters of intents though, one from each of you, separately signed. SOME but not all people got away with sending just one signed by both. I don't know if it depends on the wording or what, seems like sending 2 is safest bet. 

With regards to Kojo's RFE I see these main possibilities:

• Kojo forgot to include into their package to RapidVisa, but they seem convinced this was not the case, so I think this is unlikely.
  • RapidVisa forgot to include it into their package to USCIS Lockbox
  • USCIS Lockbox misplaced it when they opened it. Somewhat unlikely in my opinion
  • USCIS adjudicating officer didn't like wording on it, or didn't notice the form, or it was too poor quality of a scan 

Chances are we will never know for sure what happened, as it is unlikely RapidVisa will confirm or deny if they included letter of intent into package. Ultimately, very easy fix, and hopefully only small delay. Good as  they are actively looking at the case!

10 hours ago, Shiran said:

There are as of right now 13 August approvals, and one RFE. There are 216 untouched case still with VisaJourney timelines. That means that only about 6% of the cases were touched that we know about. It is not a lot. Also, unfortunately, USCIS seems to be doing a lot "silent" approvals nowadays, which means people do not hear anything at all until NOA2 shows up in their mailbox one day. Make sure you sign up for informed delivery if you haven't yet and try not to worry too much. Remember, vast majority of 129Fs do get approved, just some take longer than usual. 

How do I sign up for informed delivery? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.