dave22v

Petition for mother of US Citizen

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

Question....

My US Citizen wife's mother is going to be here in September.  She's traveling on a 10 year tourist visa and this will be her 4th trip to the U.S.  We would like to petition for a green card while she is here and adjust status.

Are we required to file an I-130 or can we just file an I-485 to adjust status after she is here?

Are there any documents she should bring with her that might be needed during the process?  I understand for the I-130 we need my wife's birth certificate and her naturalization certificate.  But anything mom would need from home that could be potentially requested?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I agree with others who say this is outright visa fraud........The terms of service for this web site prohibit this......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Attempting visa fraud can result in misrepresentation and a lifetime ban from ever entering the United States.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, obanla said:

if you are filling for her green card, you have to file both i-130 and i-485 concurrently while shes here.

of course it is fraud cos of the intention of her coming to file whiles shes on visitor visa

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

-B1/B2 is visitor visa, not for go to USA then adjust status.

-Do it right. File i130, then go to the interview at US Embassy.

-Finally: It up to your wife,but the consequences can be serious for both of your wife and mother-in-law if thing gone wrong.

So. Why not do it like everyone else?

28 minutes ago, dave22v said:

My US Citizen wife's mother is going to be here in September.  She's traveling on a 10 year tourist visa and this will be her 4th trip to the U.S.  We would like to petition for a green card while she is here and adjust status.

Fraudulent and illegal. 

When traveling on a tourist visa, she needs to have a return ticket, and leave the US at the end of her authorized stay. She continues her IR5 processing overseas. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
32 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Fraudulent and illegal. 

When traveling on a tourist visa, she needs to have a return ticket, and leave the US at the end of her authorized stay. She continues her IR5 processing overseas. 

She has a return ticket and she's going home as planned regardless of whether she has a green card or not.   If we start the process now she may get denied entry into the U.S....so why would we do that?  Why not start the process while she's here?  She's going back regardless.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

If she is returning to her home country, and all you are doing is starting the process while she is here, then all you submit is the i130 and it's required supporting documents. 

When you initially posted, you clearly stated the intention to file for adjustment of status for her.. not initiating consular processing..

You are now seemingly changing your story..

Please clarify the facts so people can reply as accurately  

People have correctly responded to the information you have on your original post. 

Well, that's my fault then.  But that's why I'm here asking questions. 

1 hour ago, dave22v said:

Are we required to file an I-130 or can we just file an I-485 to adjust status after she is here?

This is what everyone is responding to. 

You can start the petition anytime (before she comes, during her visit, or after she leaves). The point is for her to await processing in her home country. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Just now, dave22v said:

Well, that's my fault then.  But that's why I'm here asking questions. 

It's always helpful to give as much info as possible.. as it's too easy to make away options from only partial info.

As stated, entering on a visitors visa with predetermined intent to adjust status is fraud. 

She can enter for a visit, you can initial the first stage of the process.. filing the I130 and documents while she is here, but she must leave the US as planned at the end of her visit and complete the visa application action from her to home country through Consular Processing.

The whole process takes about 14 months from initial application. She could possibly visit for a short time again while she is waiting, but it won't be as easy once she has declared intent to immigrate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.