893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 9:36 AM, JK1880 said:

NSC is still currently processing for month April 2018..we have long way to go..  Lucky Potomac are now in September 2018

Texas service center is August 2018.

that being said.. NSC is 6 month behind Potomac.. :( .

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

I just had my nightly video call with my husband (he's in Brazil) and we reviewed Igor's list to check on trends for I-130 approvals.  It didn't look good.  For our Texas Service Center co-filers, there are many, many couples still waiting to get approved from February, March, April, May, and June.  We filed in July and most of the VJ couples (22) from July are still waiting.  I couldn't believe there are still so many who have been waiting almost 12 months and not yet approved, while at the same time, same service center, a few (7) who filed in July have been approved.  It just seems unfair to me that they operate this way.  Why not review files in sequence based on the NOA1 date?  Would that be too much to ask?  I can understand differences between service centers in processing times (not sure why Nebraska is so much slower), but within the same center it should be easier to do them in batches by month of NOA1.  The random nature of this process, like rolling the dice, is what makes it so crazy!  Hang in there everyone, eventually someone will look at our petitions!

34 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I just had my nightly video call with my husband (he's in Brazil) and we reviewed Igor's list to check on trends for I-130 approvals.  It didn't look good.  For our Texas Service Center co-filers, there are many, many couples still waiting to get approved from February, March, April, May, and June.  We filed in July and most of the VJ couples (22) from July are still waiting.  I couldn't believe there are still so many who have been waiting almost 12 months and not yet approved, while at the same time, same service center, a few (7) who filed in July have been approved.  It just seems unfair to me that they operate this way.  Why not review files in sequence based on the NOA1 date?  Would that be too much to ask?  I can understand differences between service centers in processing times (not sure why Nebraska is so much slower), but within the same center it should be easier to do them in batches by month of NOA1.  The random nature of this process, like rolling the dice, is what makes it so crazy!  Hang in there everyone, eventually someone will look at our petitions!

I 100% agree with you. The only thing I would add is that I went through the "unapproved" petitions on the Texas list from Feb., March and April and if you look about 98% of those "unnaproved" might not actually be unapproved. Most haven't logged on since the middle of the year last year. Hope that gives everyone some hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, CamilaRemolina said:

I 100% agree with you. The only thing I would add is that I went through the "unapproved" petitions on the Texas list from Feb., March and April and if you look about 98% of those "unnaproved" might not actually be unapproved. Most haven't logged on since the middle of the year last year. Hope that gives everyone some hope.

I also saw petitions in igors list who are unapproved in previous months , but i also check some not updated their cases or maybe some of them are green card holders 🤔 bcz as we seen green card holder petitions take longer time as compared to usc.Just thinking and hoping👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
On 1/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, @ab12 said:

I also saw petitions in igors list who are unapproved in previous months , but i also check some not updated their cases or maybe some of them are green card holders 🤔 bcz as we seen green card holder petitions take longer time as compared to usc.Just thinking and hoping👍

My petition is for cr1 green card when he arrives

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
24 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

Our Visa has been issued and I’m leaving Vj since we have no further processing pending of any sort. I wanted to say bye first and thank you all for the info, the company etc you’ve all provided during these months. Try not to get too down about the wait, because Once the USCIS portion is done, I promise the rest is much less waiting around. Have a great year, and I hope you are with your loved ones before the year ends. 

Congratulations can’t wait to say my farewell!! 👋🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, mary&felipe said:

Our Visa has been issued and I’m leaving Vj since we have no further processing pending of any sort. I wanted to say bye first and thank you all for the info, the company etc you’ve all provided during these months. Try not to get too down about the wait, because Once the USCIS portion is done, I promise the rest is much less waiting around. Have a great year, and I hope you are with your loved ones before the year ends. 

Congrats! 

Timeline
18 hours ago, mary&felipe said:

Congrats!  Visas in hand?  Or just interview done?

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Congrats!  Visas in hand?  Or just interview done?

Visa in hand will probably be Monday. Our Embassy takes only 3-4 days to ship. Why?

Timeline
2 hours ago, mary&felipe said:

Visa in hand will probably be Monday. Our Embassy takes only 3-4 days to ship. Why?

Just wanting to plan ahead for that day, hoping, praying.  It varies by country so you have been very fortunate with the expedite, quick visa in hand.  So happy for you and your family to be reunited soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.