893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello everybody, thought it would be nice for us July 2018 filers to have a thread of our own.

We're Jon and Ygritte. I'm from Sweden.

Priority Date: 7/19/2018

NOA1: 7/24/2018

Service Center: Nebraska

We've been in a long distance relationship since 2005, got married this March, can't wait to finally live on the same side of the Atlantic.

Would love to hear from other July 2018 filers!

I feel like it might be a joke, so I don't want to laugh, but if it's not a joke, I kind of still want to laugh.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

Good luck to all of you July filers. Including you, Jon & Ygritte. :]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I feel like it might be a joke, so I don't want to laugh, but if it's not a joke, I kind of still want to laugh.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

Good luck to all of you July filers. Including you, Jon & Ygritte. :]

Nah, it's more: YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW. :D

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck everyone, much patience to you all!  We're surviving with visits outside the US every two months, for a week or more each time.  Getting documents ready for the next step in the process, hoping and praying a lot.  Sending lots of positive energy and optimism to all July 2018 filers!

PD July 20, 2018 (NOA 1)

Texas Service Center

Edited by carmel34
add

Good luck for all of us! please keep updated.
My priority date was on 6th of July 2018
My NOA was on 11 th of July 2018

and got Nebraska service centre.

According to other's information who have applied, it takes approximately 6 months for texas service centre, i have no idea  for the nebraska one, hopefully it goes faster :D. I estimate our case will be closed on december 2018 (for the best case) or february 2019 (for the worse case).

The waiting game is ON. Just forget about the process for awhile and open it 3 months later.

Cheers!

On 8/10/2018 at 12:52 AM, carmel34 said:

Good luck everyone, much patience to you all!  We're surviving with visits outside the US every two months, for a week or more each time.  Getting documents ready for the next step in the process, hoping and praying a lot.  Sending lots of positive energy and optimism to all July 2018 filers!

PD July 20, 2018 (NOA 1)

Texas Service Center

Cheer UP! please keep us updated. Your information means a lot.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:35 PM, Jon & Ygritte said:

Hello everybody, thought it would be nice for us July 2018 filers to have a thread of our own.

We're Jon and Ygritte. I'm from Sweden.

Priority Date: 7/19/2018

NOA1: 7/24/2018

Service Center: Nebraska

We've been in a long distance relationship since 2005, got married this March, can't wait to finally live on the same side of the Atlantic.

Would love to hear from other July 2018 filers!

Good luck for us! Please keep us updated Jon Snow and Ygritte. Wait do you guys come back alive ? lol

Timeline
7 hours ago, Faithdiwirja said:

Good luck for all of us! please keep updated.
My priority date was on 6th of July 2018
My NOA was on 11 th of July 2018

and got Nebraska service centre.

According to other's information who have applied, it takes approximately 6 months for texas service centre, i have no idea  for the nebraska one, hopefully it goes faster :D. I estimate our case will be closed on december 2018 (for the best case) or february 2019 (for the worse case).

The waiting game is ON. Just forget about the process for awhile and open it 3 months later.

Cheers!

Nebraska center is averaging a 7 to 9.5 month wait for I-130 filers, until NOA2, after that NVC typically takes 3-4 more months for their process, then another month or two before the interview, so the whole process could take a year or more according to the data on this site. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all July 2018 filers, I hope the waiting is going well so far.  I just got back from spending a week with my husband in Brazil.  We talked about the CR1 visa process and next steps so that he can start getting his documents ready to submit, hopefully early next year.  Saying goodbye was hard, but we have another trip planned for November, in Chile.  Hang in there everybody!

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing very well and not suffering the wait. It is still so early for us all. My priority date is July 31, 2018, but my notice date is August 3. So i hope it's okay with everyone that I joined the July thread. It will benefit me to see when everyone will get their NOA2 since it will likely be just before I will. btw I was sent to the Texas processing center.

I got married beginning of July in D.R., left to come back home near the end of the month. I submitted everything to USCIS on July 29 and received my PD for July 31 as i mentioned. Went back to see my husband two weeks later for two more weeks in August. I will see him again end of October for about a week and end of November for about another week. Nothing planned as of yet for next year, but definitely as least for a few days in February for his birthday. 

I am a very impatient person. I am happy this thread was created to read about experiences and wait times other than mine. I wish everyone luck and hope that we all get our second NOA as soon as possible!

Some questions for any of you who would like to response while we get other members on this thread:

-Do you believe our social media accounts are heavily considered in the approval process?

-Is posting wedding pictures on social media necessary or a big plus?

-How often will each of you be seeing your spouse (or the beneficiary)? And how often do each of you believe is necessary to visit spouse before finalization of the whole process?

-What examples of evidence of bonafide marriage did you all provide?

-What documentation should one start gathering before the NOA2 arrives?

Thanks all! Good luck again!

Edited by CamilaRemolina

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Visits are the best!  Not often enough, but they make the long wait bearable.  Keep up the positive energy, July 2018 filers!

IMG_3779.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 7:35 AM, carmel34 said:

Nebraska center is averaging a 7 to 9.5 month wait for I-130 filers, until NOA2, after that NVC typically takes 3-4 more months for their process, then another month or two before the interview, so the whole process could take a year or more according to the data on this site. Good luck!

This is torture..😣 but it is what it is...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.