Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Visited December 22, 2018 and spent 4 weeks. I had a pending k1 application so was a bit worried.

Landed in Atlanta. POE was pretty simple and straight forward.

Interview was short as well, lasted barely 5mins. The officer had sent 2 people out of the about 6 I saw on the line before me to secondary. So I assumed the officer was going to be thorough.

After initial pleasantries, picture was taken.

Questions as follows :

CBP Officer : What's your name?
Me: xxxxxx
CBP: where are you going to?
Me: Houston
CBP: Houston Texas?
Me: Yes
CBP: For what?
Me: Vacation
CBP: Who are you seeing
Me: My friend
CBP: Girl friend?
Me: Yes
CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 4 weeks
CBP: When was the last time you were here?
Me: July
CBP: How long did you stay?
Me: 3 weeks
CBP: What do you do in Lagos?
Me: I am a finance professional
CBP: How much do you have with you?
Me: xxxxxx
CBP: Enjoy your stay (stamps my passport)
Me: Thank you.

18 hours ago, Trena181 said:

Our I-130. Is pending can I send him a invitation to visit the us? And if I can what kind of visa should he get?

Its normally pretty difficult if not impossible to get a tourist visa when you're in process for a spousal or fiancee visa.

If you already have the visa, or can use ESTA then travel during this period is possible (but not without risk of being denied entry), but it would be difficult to obtain a new visa once the process has started.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

So, I was very anxious about my last visit since we are in the middle of the K-1 visa process, but it all went well, so I thought I'd share my experience. :3

Was visiting from Mar 28, 2019 to Apr 14, 2019, so 2 weeks and my finally destination was Dallas, TX. POE was easy peasy~!

I was asked 3 questions:

• What are you for in Dallas?
  • Who are you visiting?
  • How long are you staying?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im planning on filling out and sending in i-129f at the end of May. My UK Fiance was thinking of visiting me in about August for about a month. At that point we'll probably still be waiting for NoA2. Is it ok for him to visit only after receiving NoA1, or do we have to wait until a certain time in the process?

If we do get NoA2 is there a time limit he has to submit his information for the health and interview stages?

We're just trying to plan in advance but it's hard when everything is kinda up in the air.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

im from philippines

working in singapore

already had my b1/b2 visa even before i met my fiance

i visited him for the 2nd time after 9 days of i129f submission (sg to usa)

POE: LA

questions asked:

when did you last depart usa

what is your work

where do you live

thats all

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Timeline

Hello everyone

My husband and I (the USC) have been living abroad together for years. We got married last November and recently got our NOA1.

I am moving back to the US in May to begin school and work. We wanted to fly together. He is a freelancer and we want him to visit for as long as possible (we were thinking 2 months and 3 weeks).

My question is, would it be better for him to fly after me and visit me after I get myself moved back? Even if that is a week later?

Or is it acceptable for us to fly together on the day that I move back to the US?

His goal is obviously just to visit and we want to do everything to ensure he doesn't get turned around at the airport.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nyro33 said:

Hello everyone

My husband and I (the USC) have been living abroad together for years. We got married last November and recently got our NOA1.

I am moving back to the US in May to begin school and work. We wanted to fly together. He is a freelancer and we want him to visit for as long as possible (we were thinking 2 months and 3 weeks).

My question is, would it be better for him to fly after me and visit me after I get myself moved back? Even if that is a week later?

Or is it acceptable for us to fly together on the day that I move back to the US?

His goal is obviously just to visit and we want to do everything to ensure he doesn't get turned around at the airport.

Thank you.

Only issue that strikes me may be how he can be away from his work for so long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Only issue that strikes me may be how he can be away from his work for so long.

Hi Boiler. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know that this is unusual. Would bringing proof that he has his own website development company help with that?

Does he have a better chance of visiting if he comes for only 2 months instead of 10 or 11 weeks?

Timeline

Obviously this is a specific situation but people with their own Businesses in the main have difficulty taking a few days off never mind months, so he needs to be prepared to explain that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Obviously this is a specific situation but people with their own Businesses in the main have difficulty taking a few days off never mind months, so he needs to be prepared to explain that.

I see.

As far as us flying together when I move back vs. him coming to visit after I am set up for a week...do you see a difference there in his chance of entering?

Timeline

No difference at all, can not think why it would be a factor.

18 hours ago, Nyro33 said:

Hi Boiler. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know that this is unusual. Would bringing proof that he has his own website development company help with that?

Does he have a better chance of visiting if he comes for only 2 months instead of 10 or 11 weeks?

They may suspect that he would work remotely whilst in the US, which is a hotly debated “grey area” round these parts.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Boiler said:

No difference at all, can not think why it would be a factor.

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

They may suspect that he would work remotely whilst in the US, which is a hotly debated “grey area” round these parts.

Boiler...okay, thank you for your input. I just figured that since I am re-setting my life back in the U.S. it may give the false suggestion that my husband is also visiting to live versus visiting to visit.

Jorgedig...thanks for pointing that out. He has no intention to work remotely from there and I will suggest to him that he makes that clear if asked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.