Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Joulie & Victor said:

My fiancé just called me. We got approved!! What a relief! :dance::jest:

Now back to sleep....😴

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it goooooo? Omg I'm so excited for you!!! lol I remembered your interview was soon and I kept checking up to see if you had updated anything. Truly I am so so happy for you!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
40 minutes ago, cduran said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it goooooo? Omg I'm so excited for you!!! lol I remembered your interview was soon and I kept checking up to see if you had updated anything. Truly I am so so happy for you!

Thank you!! it went smoothly...the interview was 10 minute(he was there for a total of 1 hour).  He was asked about 5 questions (they focused on dates mostly) and they asked him how & when we met, how do we communicate, where I work, how long i've been in the USA, when was the last time he saw me, etc... very easy questions, my fiance was shocked cuz he was ready to answer difficult questions. My fiance spoke in English. He showed them few pic and some proof of relationship.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: Other Timeline
8 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Thank you!! it went smoothly...the interview was 10 minute(he was there for a total of 1 hour).  He was asked about 5 questions (they focused on dates mostly) and they asked him how & when we met, how do we communicate, where I work, how long i've been in the USA, when was the last time he saw me, etc... very easy questions, my fiance was shocked cuz he was ready to answer difficult questions. My fiance spoke in English. He showed them few pic and some proof of relationship. 

That is awesome! Such a relief.. I hope we get the same result! Thank you for all your help! Good luck to you!!!! 🙂

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm not able to log into the ceac website any longer. Anyone having this issue? How is everyone able to check if their visa is in "administrative processing" or "mailed" or whatever after their interview? 

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Timeline
5 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

I'm not able to log into the ceac website any longer. Anyone having this issue? How is everyone able to check if their visa is in "administrative processing" or "mailed" or whatever after their interview? 

That’s weird, I’m able to log in and it changed to Administrative Processing today

11 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

5 minutes ago, naomieliza said:

That’s weird, I’m able to log in and it changed to Administrative Processing today

Go to ceac.state.gov/ and enter your information. You have to select "immigrant" for visa type. All files go into AP until such time as they read in transit. Patience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Go to ceac.state.gov/ and enter your information. You have to select "immigrant" for visa type. All files go into AP until such time as they read in transit. Patience.

Thanks! I thought I had tried that, but maybe I did something wrong. I'll check again.

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 4:47 PM, Bunyaka said:

Thank you so much. As @JoelThai said if you have everything prepared, you’re gonna pass the interview. The interview will be fast and easy too. Good luck! : )

Thank you, we did pass.  She was so excited that later when I asked her how the interview was she didn't remember if the officer said pass or not.  But they took her passport so I said probably passed...

You are both correct about being prepared and having all the correct documents before the interview, it helps a lot.  The interview was about 5 minutes with questions like; where did you meet; where does he live and where does he work.

Now on to the next step....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, JM&PP said:

Thank you, we did pass.  She was so excited that later when I asked her how the interview was she didn't remember if the officer said pass or not.  But they took her passport so I said probably passed...

You are both correct about being prepared and having all the correct documents before the interview, it helps a lot.  The interview was about 5 minutes with questions like; where did you meet; where does he live and where does he work.

Now on to the next step....

Congratulationssss! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Curious to hear about experience after NOA2 (additional docs, affidavit of support, and interview in Rio for any Brazilian fiance(s)?

Parabens!!!

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

1 hour ago, Meu Amor said:

Curious to hear about experience after NOA2 (additional docs, affidavit of support, and interview in Rio for any Brazilian fiance(s)?

Parabens!!!

You would have better luck for that type of information from your sub-forum. You should become familiar with your country's sub-forum here on VJ to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil.  Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

A thread were a lot of chatter about the process for the Brazil Embassy and interview

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679652-nvc-to-interview-in-rio-brazil/?page=10

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys! 

I've been away for a while from this forum. Trying to catch up. Hope everybody is doing great. I'm currently filling my DS-160 but Im just a little bit confused about this part so hoping maybe someone can help me about this.... 001.jpg.7d156b6a02e519aace85c45ecda954e0.jpg

I'm not a resident of any other country beside Colombia but  a few years ago I was in the US with a J-1 visa and I had a SSN only valid for the period I was working under J-1 visa. Am I supposed to put that number there? Also about National Identification Number, does it refer to my Colombian ID number? or maybe I should just check Does Not Apply for all 3?

Sorry to ask in this forum but didn't know where else...I ask in a Colombian subforum but no answer yet. 

I appreciate your help with this.. 

Thanks in advance 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

Very very happy to inform that  finally OUR CASE GOT APPROVED 

As per USCIS old website.

NOA1 (Old Website): December 26,2017

NOA1 (New Website): December 29,2017

NOA2 : September 14,2018 ( After 262 days)

Both websites have been updated now.

Received the physical letter yesterday.

Very Very happy to join you all in NVC stage.

All my fellow Decembers members I can finally say I am joining you 😍😍

Edited by A_R

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.