1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
11 hours ago, daleguthery said:

Hello. Just started following this forum. We filed our AOS in July and my wife had her bio-metrics in St. Louis on August 24th. Received an e-mail on August 30th that her interview was ready to be scheduled.

Welcome to the forum. That is a good news. No we just need to wait for the interview.

Good to see somebody from the St. Louis area. I thought I was alone....

Hi guys! Really excited to see that some people are getting updates.

Am I right to assume that getting your interview has more to do with where you live than when you filed? Dallas has a huge backlog, so... I want to be hopeful, but I am also starting to feel super duper sad about the fact that we might have to wait longer because of where we live.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Am I right to assume that getting your interview has more to do with where you live than when you filed? Dallas has a huge backlog, so... I want to be hopeful, but I am also starting to feel super duper sad about the fact that we might have to wait longer because of where we live.

That seems to be my understanding.  There is a couple on here who lives about 4-5 hours away from where they scheduled their interview.  I am willing to fly for an interview.  I wish they would give us that option.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Not a political post.  Just curious!  Does anyone know about how long this k1-AOS process used to take 2- 3 years ago?  

K1- mine took 3 months less... i applied aos late... due financial issue.. 

Aos before less than a year.. some took 4 months..  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

52 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

That seems to be my understanding.  There is a couple on here who lives about 4-5 hours away from where they scheduled their interview.  I am willing to fly for an interview.  I wish they would give us that option.  

Yep
Welcome to the waiting game Jackie. You and Andy and us are kinda screwed in the grand scheme of things. We all gotta just buckle down and hope for a quick EAD/AP because Texas is CRAWLING-- unless we move to El Paso-- which is like not too bad.

Agree with DPP123 - If we have an option to go somewhere faster, we would
I completely think it is madness that some folks who filed in early 2017 in some cities are still waiting whilst some people from like July this year already have interviews.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Not a political post.  Just curious!  Does anyone know about how long this k1-AOS process used to take 2- 3 years ago?  

Well girl this is hard because like every city was different before
2-3 years ago, i think the AVERAGE was like 8 months
Now it's about 12-14. Keeping in mind that that's an average 

Things seemed to have definitely gotten worse at the bigger immigration/port cities.
Because some places seem relatively stable like Alaska, Montana and Vermont. Not a peep changed at those places

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

Yep
Welcome to the waiting game Jackie. You and Andy and us are kinda screwed in the grand scheme of things. We all gotta just buckle down and hope for a quick EAD/AP because Texas is CRAWLING-- unless we move to El Paso-- which is like not too bad.

I completely think it is madness that some folks who filed in early 2017 in some cities are still waiting whilst some people from like July this year already have interviews.

Girl... I would fly to Alaska.  LOL  Just want this nightmare to be over with.  I feel for my husband.  He left a  comfortable life to be stuck here.  He feels like he is in prison.  He even said to me the other day that he feels like an illegal.  That broke my heart.  I told him that he is not here illegally and that patience is key.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, DPP123 said:

Girl... I would fly to Alaska.  LOL  Just want this nightmare to be over with.  I feel for my husband.  He left a  comfortable life to be stuck here.  He feels like he is in prison.  He even said to me the other day that he feels like an illegal.  That broke my heart.  I told him that he is not here illegally and that patience is key.  

:(:(
man-- am so sorry. That sucks to hear

My husband is a trooper. He won't complain for ANYTHING but I know it's killing him and I sometimes feel guilty
but we all gotta just accept that it's the sacrifice we make for love.

We told ourselves till Xmas of 2019 so about 18 months in our minds for GC- if it comes earlier, fabulous
and just got busy doing other things- learning to drive, starting school, etc

It sucks. Just be there as much as you can for him. This too shall pass..

43 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Yep

Ironically, we're moving to Indianapolis next year - as soon as he gets his EAD. After we move, we will update our local office and HOPEFULLY get an interview. I don't even know how that's going to work, but hopefully it will. It sucks SO MUCH that we have to wait. Andy is starting to get a bit depressed, being at home with just the dog. I want him to have freedom again. If there was enough room at the office, I'd bring him here just to have him get some interaction, bless him.

This process is not for the faint of heart.

Edited by Jaquelly

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

Ironically, we're moving to Indianpolis next year - as soon as he gets his EAD. After we move, we will update our local office and HOPEFULLY get an interview. I don't even know how that's going to work, but hopefully it will. It sucks SO MUCH that we have to wait. Andy is starting to get a bit depressed, being at home with just the dog. I want him to have freedom again. If there was enough room at the office, I'd bring him here just to have him get some interaction, bless him.

Ooooo
Yea!!! Move 
It will def speed up things

My understanding is that as long as your local office has NOT requested your case file, if you move, NBC moves your case to the new location and it stays in line with that office processing times- i.e. you will remain a July 2018 filer in Indianapolis
And am sure by next year, you will get your interview immediately since Indianapolis doesn't look that busy...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Ironically, we're moving to Indianapolis next year - as soon as he gets his EAD. After we move, we will update our local office and HOPEFULLY get an interview. I don't even know how that's going to work, but hopefully it will. It sucks SO MUCH that we have to wait. Andy is starting to get a bit depressed, being at home with just the dog. I want him to have freedom again. If there was enough room at the office, I'd bring him here just to have him get some interaction, bless him.

I wish we lived closer.  At least our husbands could hang out and not feel as lonely  LOL.  

I try to make the weekends fun for him.  His birthday is next weekend and he's been dying to go on an alligator tour down here.  So I am surprising him with that :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So just sitting here thinking of ways to beat the system.

Currently my parents live in Mississippi. Which has a MUCH faster timeline of course. What if I updated our address to my parents’ home and just fly to our interview when it comes? 

Legally would that be so wrong lol 

kidding but not kidding Hmmmmmm

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Currently my parents live in Mississippi. Which has a MUCH faster timeline of course. What if I updated our address to my parents’ home and just fly to our interview when it comes? 

It's not a bad idea lol.  
I wish I knew someone in Raleigh NC or Charleston SC  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

I think there was a discussion of this same thing at another forum. LOL
I don't ever remember what people decided to do. Should have paid more attention! haha

personally, it sounds like an absolute hassle remembering these addresses
Especially if the goal is citizenship and all the paperwork-- who knows what they would ask at each stage!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.