TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Amy & John said:

This is what we recieved from them.... good to see after 8 months our case hasn’t even been touched. 

88B1B0A4-5893-4746-9E72-3989C94A5F33.jpeg

Useless reply smh 

56 minutes ago, Amy & John said:

This is what we recieved from them.... good to see after 8 months our case hasn’t even been touched. 

I'm not trying to be a smart A.... but how can you tell that your file has "never been touched". From my experience that's not what it means. When it's says that your case is being "adjudicated" means that it is in the process and waiting on all the security checks to be returned and reviewed then and only then can a decision be made. This is a game of who can outlast the other. Your so P.... now that it looks like USCIS is winning the waiting game. This is a tough process. Lots of expectations from you and from USCIS. On top of that you want to be together. This is only the beginning of the wait as you still have AOS, ROC and naturalization ahead. I know it will be different because you will be together. Let me tell you, that doesn't hold water as you will be frustrated because she is sitting at home waiting for work authorization and then the stress starts. I have seen it time and again. Just have to sit back and relax and do what you can do. Just trying to help you cope.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Old Website Is Still Not Working, So No Scans Available.... Sorry!

I'll probably check again later this week.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone, Im a november 24 filer and Im currently on day 234. I submitted an inquiry request on June 24 and today I got a letter in the mail that said the following:  

On 06/24/2018, you contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-129F because you believe your case is outside normal processing times.   Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks.  

I know there is no way of knowing when a decision will be made but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a possibility of still getting an RFE or will a definite decision be made after the security check? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

Hello everyone, Im a november 24 filer and Im currently on day 234. I submitted an inquiry request on June 24 and today I got a letter in the mail that said the following:  

On 06/24/2018, you contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-129F because you believe your case is outside normal processing times.   Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks.  

I know there is no way of knowing when a decision will be made but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a possibility of still getting an RFE or will a definite decision be made after the security check? Thank you.

Hmmm I really thought the security checks is during NVC. I guess that proved me wrong. At least you have a good idea where you are at

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

I can't asnwer your question exactly . Bu t I can tell you that im in the exact same boat and received the exact same message (everyone receivs the same auto-respose enrich message. If they wanted an RFE, they would've asked for one by now. The people who had to wait longer than 7 months like us, didn't necessary have an RFE. Ironically some of the people who had RFE's, got approved faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
7 hours ago, Amy & John said:

As pointed out already, I received the exact same message as well as everyone else who sends an inquiry. The service centers send the same message to everyone. And they'll just send the exact same message again if you request another service inquiry in another 30 days

It doesn't mean it hasn't been touched, it means there is a security background check issue they need to further investigate. As greenbaum pointed out, it's now a waiting game. If you can wait long enough for the NOA2 you win the game. If you withdraw, panic, change your mind, then they have won the game. Some posters withdraw and that's the end of it. Other posters stick it out but for me there is no question what my option is: Stick it out.

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

As pointed out already, I received the exact same message as well as everyone else who sends an inquiry. The service centers send the same message to everyone. And they'll just send the exact same message again if you request another service inquiry in another 30 days

It doesn't mean it hasn't been touched, it means there is a security background check issue they need to further investigate. As greenbaum pointed out, it's now a waiting game. If you can wait long enough for the NOA2 you win the game. If you withdraw, panic, change your mind, then they have won the game. Some posters withdraw and that's the end of it. Other posters stick it out but for me there is no question what my option is: Stick it out.

the one above sais due to security checks... ours doesn't even say that it just sais pending adjudication which sais to me..... security hasn't even been done?

im worried our case is lost.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm not trying to be a smart A.... but how can you tell that your file has "never been touched". From my experience that's not what it means. When it's says that your case is being "adjudicated" means that it is in the process and waiting on all the security checks to be returned and reviewed then and only then can a decision be made. This is a game of who can outlast the other. Your so P.... now that it looks like USCIS is winning the waiting game. This is a tough process. Lots of expectations from you and from USCIS. On top of that you want to be together. This is only the beginning of the wait as you still have AOS, ROC and naturalization ahead. I know it will be different because you will be together. Let me tell you, that doesn't hold water as you will be frustrated because she is sitting at home waiting for work authorization and then the stress starts. I have seen it time and again. Just have to sit back and relax and do what you can do. Just trying to help you cope.

Greenbaum is right here, Patience is something that is definitely needed here and I would concur that they have touched your case and so I know every case is different but I do believe the timeline for your NOA2 is right around the corner. So Amy &John your wait is just about over so pray and you will recieve the answer you have been waiting for. Blessings on you both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

@Rocko20 I agree with you. Waiting and seeing everyone get approved while my case was still “untouched” was not always easy.

However, I know these things take time and I took all the opportunities given to me and suggested. I contacted USCIS when my case was outside the normal processing times and I reached out to my congressman for help and he was quick and efficient and he got the same response from them, my case is currently under the jurisdiction of the California center. 

So I know I’ve done all I can on my end so I sit and wait because there is no way Im going to withdraw my petition. I love my future husband and we will go till the end to be together. As I see it this is just one of life’s tests and as I know, the good things in life always take the hardest efforts. 

In regards to what the other user pointed out, that my notice said “under security check” and theirs did not. Well, to me both notices seem the same. I think all responses are similar even if they are worded differently. We have to realize there are many officers dealing with the cases so their responses and way of dealing with the cases will be different. 

11 hours ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Hmmm I really thought the security checks is during NVC. I guess that proved me wrong. At least you have a good idea where you are at

Security checks is what is making this process so long.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, Vtre0116 said:

No one can answer that question that have posted. Everyone is different. There always the possibility that you'll get an RFE or at the NVC stage they discovered something wrong or missing from your case and send it back to USCIS. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
21 hours ago, Amy & John said:

88B1B0A4-5893-4746-9E72-3989C94A5F33.jpeg

I believe i will receive the same in thing in my mail box today. We still have to wait till final approval anyway. Lord have mercy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone, 

I read something in news today and it said that starting sometime in September ( I believe it was September 7th) the USCIS will no longer send the request for evidence and notice of why denied etc. It is kind of scary but not sure what the little details are. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.