TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ann and Meet said:

Hey Everyone, 

I read something in news today and it said that starting sometime in September ( I believe it was September 7th) the USCIS will no longer send the request for evidence and notice of why denied etc. It is kind of scary but not sure what the little details are. 

Is it for all petitions or just the H1Bs? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vtre0116 said:

It's for all petitions except DACA. The correct date is September 11, 2018. So let's all be careful when we file adjustment of status, take time, send extra documents if not sure but not less. I am worried about this because sometimes we can make mistakes and they won't even give an opportunity but again I am not 100% sure how exactly it will affect everyone. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

It’s suppose to be for all visas but mostly H1B but it won’t affect us since we applied before that date 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

It’s suppose to be for all visas but mostly H1B but it won’t affect us since we applied before that date 

I read it’s meant to encourage proper filing and also not for those with innocent mistakes. However, I’m relieved to know it won’t affect us. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Ann and Meet said:

It's for all petitions except DACA. The correct date is September 11, 2018. So let's all be careful when we file adjustment of status, take time, send extra documents if not sure but not less. I am worried about this because sometimes we can make mistakes and they won't even give an opportunity but again I am not 100% sure how exactly it will affect everyone. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

Thanks for providing your source. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

I read it’s meant to encourage proper filing and also not for those with innocent mistakes. However, I’m relieved to know it won’t affect us. 

Yes definitely. I am also relieved as I read more about it. I am glad to see the comment about innocent mistakes. Nowadays with immigration, there are so many changes that keep taking place so I usually like to read about them and how it may affect us. I didn't mean to scare anyone, but just shared it so everyone is aware. We will all be filing adjustment of status once our fiance immigrates to the US so that's why I shared because we might get affected if not careful when filing. 

46 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

It IS meant to encourage proper filing. How many times have we read in here about filers not even visiting within the 2 year limit, or not sending originals or certified divorce decrees or criminal record documents because they were "too hard to get" before they wanted to file? I'm glad they are implementing this because they are realizing that the immigration process has been taking way too long and a huge reason for that is because there are way too many careless filers impeding the process and making others who read instructions and have done their research suffer with a longer wait. 

It wont affect honest mistakes which is good but you have to agree that the resources are there to apply properly so by tying up government agencies with petitions whose filers did not do their due diligence to ensure they filed properly is an injustice to those of us who do. 

That's why we are all here, right?😉

Edited by K1visaHopeful

3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It IS meant to encourage proper filing. How many times have we read in here about filers not even visiting within the 2 year limit, or not sending originals or certified divorce decrees or criminal record documents because they were "too hard to get" before they wanted to file? I'm glad they are implementing this because they are realizing that the immigration process has been taking way too long and a huge reason for that is because there are way too many careless filers impeding the process and making others who read instructions and have done their research suffer with a longer wait. 

It wont affect honest mistakes which is good but you have to agree that the resources are there to apply properly so by tying up government agencies with petitions whose filers did not do their due diligence to ensure they filed properly is an injustice to those of us who do. 

That's a good start on the explanation. I got a hold of the memo and read over it and there is so much in there to explain but like you said, it has nothing to do with K-1's. Basically if you are applying for a benefit (visa) and you are not eligible for that benefit or you are not using the benefit for it's intended purpose then the adjudicator doesn't have to send you a RFE or a NOID. Just VOID. Done! But if an application is received with an error or missing documentation then the adjudicator is obligated to complete the entire processing up to and not including the approval, but must combine all RFE's for that case into one request. In the past they may send out a RFE letter then two weeks later send another RFE for a totally different circumstance. The memo requires them to ask for everything in one letter. So there are many good things in the memo. One just has to take the time to read for themselves and not rely on CNN or Betty Lou over in the Jamaican thread who is afraid that the sky is falling in on her K-1 visa with the intent that she is going to get denied. Believe it or not the spirit of this letter was promulgated in the Obama Administration. This administration is only trying to get the rules so that they are followed. There isn't anything in there that is made up without a reason now or from the past.

Jesssssh now you got me going. See what you did K1visaHopeful? :jest:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Jesssssh now you got me going. See what you did K1visaHopeful? :jest:

Bahahaha! You're right that the sky isn't falling but KNOW that you will have to explain it to the Prophets of Worry and Exclaimers of Bad News over and over again in all of the threads for the next few months as the malignancy of misinformation spreads. 

I hope you copied/pasted and put it somewhere handy, my friend.

Timeline
4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

To some extend you are right about it being a good way to remedy delays. However, sometimes we think certain things are to our advantage and will only affect certain people yet it also affects the ones that do everything as instructed. It is frustrating to be waiting for my approval, but I also believe that if people choose to waste over $500 on an incomplete petition it is their civil right to do so. The reason I say this is because during this whole process I have learned a lot by researching about immigration and even the failed attempts of other’s cases aided me in completing mine and assembling a strong case for my petition. 

14 minutes ago, Vtre0116 said:

To some extend you are right about it being a good way to remedy delays. However, sometimes we think certain things are to our advantage and will only affect certain people yet it also affects the ones that do everything as instructed. It is frustrating to be waiting for my approval, but I also believe that if people choose to waste over $500 on an incomplete petition it is their civil right to do so. The reason I say this is because during this whole process I have learned a lot by researching about immigration and even the failed attempts of other’s cases aided me in completing mine and assembling a strong case for my petition. 

True but they are wasting more than their own $500....they are wasting the USCIS adjudicator's time that they have to even bother spending when those filers KNOW they have not bothered to follow instructions or submit the proper documents just so they can reserve a spot in line when they morally should not have one. They could be using that time to adjudicate petitions that were assembled with good intentions and completed properly. So, in essence, they are wasting my time away from my fiancé too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, Amy & John said:

the one above sais due to security checks... ours doesn't even say that it just sais pending adjudication which sais to me..... security hasn't even been done?

im worried our case is lost.  

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

It's the exact same difference. I would know, I have both the CSC response to my Congressional case worker and the CSC response from a regular a service inquiry.

Edited by Rocko20

Timeline
7 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

If the CSC response is due to a congressional case worker inquiry, the service center will say "security checks"

If the CSC response is from a regular service inquiry from their website, the service center will say "adjudication"

It's the exact same difference. I would know, I have both the CSC response to my Congressional case worker and the CSC response from a regular a service inquiry.

I had a feeling the message I received about a “security check” was because of my congressional inquiry. Also, I get an update every two weeks from my USCIS account and for the last two times I’ve gotten the same message “We last took action on your case on June 1, 2018.” So Im thinking Im under security check maybe since that time. Anyone else with a similar situation? 

4 hours ago, Shottayut said:

How far along can you schedule the interview ? What is the latest ? Reason I ask is to be able to gather the required money. My mother had surgery and I had to help her with her bills so ate my savings

I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, as soon as you get the NVC case number or whatever its called you can schedule your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.