2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

Usually it only takes a few days but can be a week or longer.  Just depends.

9 hours ago, ChuAni said:

1-5 days for Nigeria..mine left on Friday and Embassy (Ready) received it on Monday.

Thank you both! I hope its quick!

4 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

I'm at 2.5 weeks since NOA2 and I have called probably 5 times since last week hahaha. I'm anticipating around the 4 week mark just to be on the safe side from the trends I have seen here, but yes EVERY TIME I were to call the candid response is "6 weeks"

Gah I hope I get mine this week or next! That's my 4 week!

5 hours ago, blueskyhah said:

What is the wait time to get a case # from NVC?

:jest: I wish I had a nickel for everyone who has asked that question in the past month. I'd retire and be happy.

The answer is about a month from USCIS to NVC and about 2-4 weeks to assign a case number at NVC. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

21 hours ago, Dijana99 said:

My case finally left the NVC today. It says.. and where do I check my interview date??

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. " 

That is a standard email you received. You can ignore it as either you or your Embassy schedules the appointment. You'll need to read the instructions that your Embassy will send you once they receive your case.

Up on the blue ribbon on this page there is a tab titled "portals". Select it and search for your Embassy. Once there, you'll see information about the process at your embassy. Be aware of the date of the information as at times they can get stale. Here is the link as I looked it up for you http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Bosnia-Herzegovina&cty=Sarajevo

When you get a copy of the Packet 3 from your embassy if you could scan and send me a copy as I like to share this information with others who like you are processing through BH Embassy. Just PM me and I will supply a email address where to send. Thanks and good luck.

21 hours ago, JoshMiki said:

Your interview date should be provided to you by your embassy, not the NVC

Be careful as not all Embassy's schedule the beneficiary's interview appointment as some allow beneficiary to schedule after payment. :thumbs:According to the portals tab he/she will schedule their appointment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We scheduled the interview a few days ago but now we're officially "Ready"!  Jessa did her CFO yesterday, so we're good to go with that too.  Medical on Monday and Tuesday, which she is totally freaking out about, but I'm sure she'll be fine.  Very exciting when everything moves quickly and smoothly!

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Update!!!

NOA2- May 24th

NVC# Assigned-  June 13th (I think, but I have not called since last Friday)

So I think that is approx 20 days waiting for a case number. I will keep the timeline updated :) 

Question for those who already got it. It says "At NVC" so the next update will be "left NVC"?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lauretta2007 said:

Update!!!

NOA2- May 24th

So I think that is approx 20 days waiting for a case number. I will keep the timeline updated :) 

Question for those who already got it. It says "At NVC" so the next update will be "left NVC"?

in transit, then ready

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/12/18 left NVC

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/29/18 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lauretta2007 said:

Update!!!

NOA2- May 24th

In Transit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Got the case number. :jest: So what next? The case tracker just says follow the 6 steps or whatever... Do I just wait them to contact us? Or how can I check the status? In transit/ready???

Timeline
37 minutes ago, lauretta2007 said:

Thank you! and .. sorry but what does "ready" mean? That would mean the embassy got it? 

Yes.  And depending on the way your embassy handles the process it usually means you can schedule the interview, but every embassy is a little different with that.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/12/18 left NVC

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/29/18 POE

Timeline
1 hour ago, lauretta2007 said:

Update!!!

NOA2- May 24th

My NOA2 is May 24 as well. But we called today NVC they haven't received yet. Hope soon. 

1. At NVC 

2. In transit 

3. Ready (at the embassy already) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.