John & Rose

Refused???

249 posts in this topic

Just now, John & Rose said:

Yes.  This is on me.  I will put together a much better package this time.  We are just determining if a K-1 or CR-1 should be used this time around.  I was expunged in 1995 I think.  I should be able to find court documents and refile.

Cr1 doesnt require them.  Beneficiary would be able to work asap.  If you're able to, Manila also allows for DCF which is much faster than K1 or traditional CR1. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

38 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Cr1 doesnt require them.  Beneficiary would be able to work asap.  If you're able to, Manila also allows for DCF which is much faster than K1 or traditional CR1. 

Hmmmm.  I never thought about DCF.  I will look into that.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

OK, this is getting weirder.  We are set to have the passports delivered to 2GO MOA and that is what is printed on the interview confirmation.  Rose's text from 2GO says they will deliver it today.  Is that normal?  Are they delivering to her house?  I thought they sent a text to say the passports will be at ready at MOA?  

It really seems like there is something weird going on.

Just read your other posts ... dang, that is sad .. it was an :oops: on your part in the beginning that came to bite you.    Sad the embassy won't allow you to add that information now.

As for K-1 versus CR-1 .. and DCF.   There are perks each way.  Quickest.. K-1    unless you can complete the CRI-1 DCFDCF requires having lived in the Philippines for 6 months before you can file, you need to have completed your marriage and have it recorded .... now DCF doesn't look so fast does it.    K-1 is quicker again.    Costs ... get out the calculator.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Well ****.... I am so so sorry John. In my opinion this should've been caught at USCIS stage and been corrected with an RFE. Could this have been the reason why it took so long for your NOA-2 to come in to begin with? Guess it's all speculations now. What's done is done. 

I too admire your positive vibe and determination. You ar an example to us all. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is really sad. I’ve been seeing your posts since you filed k1 , i know that it took so long bfore you got an approval. And you only got visa denied.😭 If i were you go to PH and marry Ate Rose. This is better and sure way to get her. 

6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

The refusal was because I failed to disclose information on the petition.  It was an expunged arrest from 1990 that I forgot about.  It is my fault.  I didn't read that expunged arrests mattered when I filed.  I was not convicted.  It was for battery.

Now we need to see if another K-1 or CR-1 is the better route.  I feel like an a$$....

That Suxs

I guess we get to see you around her doing round 2

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

6 hours ago, NikLR said:

DCF is good if he is living in Phiiippine at least 6 months, which means not working.  Then you get to deal with all the jazz about getting married in Philippines and probably spend another small fortune slaughtering a cow and hosting a wedding reception.

7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

The refusal was because I failed to disclose information on the petition.  It was an expunged arrest from 1990 that I forgot about.  It is my fault.  I didn't read that expunged arrests mattered when I filed.  I was not convicted.  It was for battery.

Now we need to see if another K-1 or CR-1 is the better route.  I feel like an a$$....

So sorry to hear. You have been a good contributor to the board. Don't worry, you can overcome this. It will just take a little longer for you to be together.

I am making sure I keep this thread in mind when another debate about whether or not expunged arrests count.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

50 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

So sorry to hear. You have been a good contributor to the board. Don't worry, you can overcome this. It will just take a little longer for you to be together.

I am making sure I keep this thread in mind when another debate about whether or not expunged arrests count.

My buddy whom did a K1 for Philippines didn't put on his K1 anything about him getting into a fight and/or arrested.  I am not quite sure his exact charge, but I know he beat a guy up.

Once his fiance arrived in LAX the CBP tried to tell her he was a bad guy, and had her crying at the airport (She traveled alone) and CBP was trying to get he to go back to Philippines.   

She caught a flight from LAX to Dallas and they have been married 4 years now.

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

My buddy whom did a K1 for Philippines didn't put on his K1 anything about him getting into a fight and/or arrested.  I am not quite sure his exact charge, but I know he beat a guy up.

Once his fiance arrived in LAX the CBP tried to tell her he was a bad guy, and had her crying at the airport (She traveled alone) and CBP was trying to get he to go back to Philippines.   

She caught a flight from LAX to Dallas and they have been married 4 years now.

We are just going to refile the K-1.  I wish they sent an RFE but I really wish I read the whole question!  It was very clear that I needed to include the expunged arrest.  I hope the K-1 is quicker this time.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are just going to refile the K-1.  I wish they sent an RFE but I really wish I read the whole question!  It was very clear that I needed to include the expunged arrest.  I hope the K-1 is quicker this time.  

So sorry to hear about this. Hope this time, everything will work out quick for you and your family.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Well ****.... I am so so sorry John. In my opinion this should've been caught at USCIS stage and been corrected with an RFE. Could this have been the reason why it took so long for your NOA-2 to come in to begin with? Guess it's all speculations now. What's done is done. 

I too admire your positive vibe and determination. You ar an example to us all. 

I need to take my punishment.  I hate that it hurts Rose and the kids.  I am filing a new K-1 as soon as I get all of the paperwork from court.  I am still in a daze because this is impacting my loved ones.  I am moving forward and I am actually going to read every word this time!  

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Just read your other posts ... dang, that is sad .. it was an :oops: on your part in the beginning that came to bite you.    Sad the embassy won't allow you to add that information now.

As for K-1 versus CR-1 .. and DCF.   There are perks each way.  Quickest.. K-1    unless you can complete the CRI-1 DCFDCF requires having lived in the Philippines for 6 months before you can file, you need to have completed your marriage and have it recorded .... now DCF doesn't look so fast does it.    K-1 is quicker again.    Costs ... get out the calculator.

It turns out that if I answered yes instead of no we would be good.  It was a simple checkbox and my arrest was not listed as one that needs additional paperwork.  The Embassy will not tell me exactly what I failed to disclose but this is all I can think of.  At least I can be a lesson for others.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.