John & Rose

Refused???

249 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Not Philippino here but I agree with GP and Hank. I personally (as the beneficiary) would be more comfortable going for a CR1. It would have nothing to do with how much you love each other as I think you have proven taht time and time again. Just that the process would seem much more secure. K1 is a difficult process to go through in the Philippines as it is. To me, right now, it feels like this just added another red flag. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Is the red flag lessened for a CR-1. I would hate to go through another K-1 only to get rejected again and file for a third time as CR-1. Everything was fine but one check box. This is so incredibly stressful. I am beside myself and I am worried that we will never be together in the states. That AJ and Aira will never have the opportunities that are offered here. That I have ruined so many lives because I failed to read and understand simple directions. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Is the red flag lessened for a CR-1. I would hate to go through another K-1 only to get rejected again and file for a third time as CR-1. Everything was fine but one check box. This is so incredibly stressful. I am beside myself and I am worried that we will never be together in the states. That AJ and Aira will never have the opportunities that are offered here. That I have ruined so many lives because I failed to read and understand simple directions. 

Calm down John. You will be together. Whether the CO will see it as a red flag or not can't be divined by us mere mortals. I'm sorry if my post came across as too harsh. I sometimes have trouble reeling in my Dutch bluntness.

You have not ruined anybody's lives. It'll just take a little bit longer than expected. 

Like I said in another thread recently, sometimes God just has something for you to do before your prayers are answered. Perhaps Rose still has someone's life to touch in the Philippines. Perhaps AJ or Aira has to stay to meet the love of their life in stead of coming to the United States. We don't know the grand scheme of things, but I trust that all happens for a reason. 

To answer your question. I have seen people with red flags fail K1's and then succeed at CR1. It seems like a CR1 is more forgiving to red flags. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

I appreciate the bluntness. I do realize that I made a terrible mistake but deep in my heart I know it was not to deceive anyone. I went into this ignorant and excited. I didn’t read the directions closely and this is 100% on me. 

Once Rose and I get over this initial shock we will have a great heart to heart. I know we will be together. We just got off the roller coaster and we are still a little wheezy.  From both COs saying everything was fine and taking their passports to getting their empty passports delivered to their house. It was devastating. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. We are Hercules now. One strange outcome is that I feel more like a family now. To see the kids real reactions to hearing what they are really saying without just being overly polite around me. It feels more like a family than ever. We will be together someday. We just need to figure out how we want to proceed. 

Thank you you for your candor. I appreciate some real opinions on this. This is a tough time for me and I need some slaps in the face to get back into control!  Lol

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Read the I-130 and its instructions sheet ... your answers are there.    Do take note of what questions ARE NOT there.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

Also not the the police clearance requirement is 1 year or more, not 6 months (if that's a factor)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I-130 is not subject to IMBRA 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I appreciate the bluntness. I do realize that I made a terrible mistake but deep in my heart I know it was not to deceive anyone. I went into this ignorant and excited. I didn’t read the directions closely and this is 100% on me. 

Once Rose and I get over this initial shock we will have a great heart to heart. I know we will be together. We just got off the roller coaster and we are still a little wheezy.  From both COs saying everything was fine and taking their passports to getting their empty passports delivered to their house. It was devastating. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. We are Hercules now. One strange outcome is that I feel more like a family now. To see the kids real reactions to hearing what they are really saying without just being overly polite around me. It feels more like a family than ever. We will be together someday. We just need to figure out how we want to proceed. 

Thank you you for your candor. I appreciate some real opinions on this. This is a tough time for me and I need some slaps in the face to get back into control!  Lol

JOhn I wish you the best and I can only imagine the stress you are under.  I know the two of you will work it out.  You made an honest mistake and it could happen to anyone.  

I honestly think the CR1 has less hurdles.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they dont ask about the criminal record of the petitioner.  They of course do a background check but aren't interested in disclosing to foreign beneficiaries the criminal history of the petitioner as they two individuals  are already married.  Adam walsh crimes would be a huge preclusion but minor misdeamnor charges are not a problem.  In fact, I dont think they even ask for your arrest/criminal conviction history in the CR1.

That being said they should have a limit as to how far back you have to disclose. Someone who gets arrested for a minor misdemeanor from 10, 20 or 30 years ago shouldn't have to disclose.   Major felonies, or crimes which resulted in incarceration, maybe.  I get the point of Adam Walsh act and that should always apply, but its gone too far, especially in your case John.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Also, USCIS should have caught the error before you received NOA2.  The background hit had to come back somewhere and my guess is it was between NO1 AND NOa2.  I am not aware of a situation where they do a background check on petitioner at the embassy stage.  It had to have been between NOA1 and NOA2.   My guess is someone did a final review they saw the background check in your file with the hit and the adjudicator didn't issue an RFE for this.    The $15/hr high school educated  adjudicator government employee should have issued the RFE before NOA2 .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@John & Rose the court records in my case where also expunged and shredded like yours,  but there was a printout from the court stating that. I had to get those same records from the court, where i lived at at the time. I got a certified copy from the court clerck. The only difference i had the original copy of the citation and receipts of paid court fees and all. A little faded, but still was the original. As far as the court in Washington state, they made a certified copy of the case being dismissed and later expunged. Hope you can this issue resolved on your second round. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

4 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

@John & Rose the court records in my case where also expunged and shredded like yours,  but there was a printout from the court stating that. I had to get those same records from the court, where i lived at at the time. I got a certified copy from the court clerck. The only difference i had the original copy of the citation and receipts of paid court fees and all. A little faded, but still was the original. As far as the court in Washington state, they made a certified copy of the case being dismissed and later expunged. Hope you can this issue resolved on your second round. 

I do have certified copies of the expungement order but not the actual arrest and court files. My lawyer has something in storage but he is out of town until Wednesday.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I do have certified copies of the expungement order but not the actual arrest and court files. My lawyer has something in storage but he is out of town until Wednesday.  

What a shame.... 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

On 4/26/2018 at 12:46 AM, John & Rose said:

I did contact the Embassy. They said it is denied and that I need to wait for the letter to know why. The CO told us everything was fine and even gave the paperwork about abuse. We did need the NBI AKA for the misspelling. We did that. 

John, you are having an awful time.

2 minutes ago, FernandLevi said:

John, you are having an awful time.

It isn’t great right now but it is all doable. Rose and the kids are amazing. We will get through this. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

What a shame.... 

It is what it is. I brought this on. I will get through it. Rose is at a beach in Batangas right now for her sister’s birthday. That is the main reason I am thinking CR-1. She has a big family and I love all of them. They love me back!  I don’t have much family here. Getting married with her family there would mean a lot to both of us. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.