TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Yes if all goes well and they don't slow down you should hear news in maybe a month or two, hopefully soon 🙏 Good luck!!

I hope they will not take 2 months to process August 😩

Today is day 353 of waiting and day 172 since my 14 year old son left to go to get settled back in the US and register for High School. He is type 1 diabetic, diagnosed only a year and a half ago, so him being away from me is stressful and I worry about his health in addition to everything else. 

My company is struggling with my delayed return and trying to fill the void. The previous employee already left and my delay is hurting them. I hear it almost daily. Last week, I heard they’re considering hiring someone else because this is taking so long and they’re losing a lot of money and that would leave me jobless. My heart has been feeling so sick for weeks, so I’m leaving my husband here for the next 3 weeks and go try to figure out how I can fix the situation with my job and see my son. 

We went yesterday to try to get the police clearance letter for Cambodia. It takes a month and they keep all your original documents while it’s in process so hopefully we will be approved and on our way to the NVC by the time it comes back. 

I’m trying so hard to hold all of this together and not let it fall apart while trying (and failing) to be patient. I know we are all stuck in this doorless waiting room together. Weekends feel so much harder because it’s guaranteed silence. Sigh. Another day passes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 8/2/2019 at 1:22 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

338 days since my NOA1 and still nothing 😩 😓

323 day here we are all going through this so try to calmly wait 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kurdish said:

Hello, when did you applied? I applied on 09/26/2018 still in the process. It's really stressful. I know how you feel. Hopfully you receive good news asap. 

Pd is July 20,2018. Approved July 2,19. Hopefully, thanks dear 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adeya said:

323 day here we are all going through this so try to calmly wait 

Mine 310 days. PD 09/26/2018. Hopfully our case will prove. It's really stressful 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kurdish said:

Mine 310 days. PD 09/26/2018. Hopfully our case will prove. It's really stressful 

We are getting closer 

🤲🏻

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
18 hours ago, Scott001 said:

I just lifted this from a DHS Office of Inspector General (OIG) report on processing green card applications. I'm wondering if the same practice holds across all applications. The processing date is based on pending + new applications divided by the time to process an application. Anyways, there are also some other good reports on the OIG site if you have time to read them. (some are boring). 

Edit: This relates only to what the USCIS website shows for processing times for the I-485.

Link: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2018-03/OIG-18-58-Mar18.pdf

Link: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/reports/audits-inspections-and-evaluations?field_dhs_agency_target_id=6&field_oversight_area=14&field_fy_value=All

[Page 5]

Visitors to the site might assume that as of June 30, 2017, the St. Louis, Missouri field office (St. Louis) was adjudicating green card applications received on or after August 13, 2016. However, this published calendar date has nothing to do with the actual receipt date of the applications immigration services officers (ISO) were adjudicating at that time; nor does it reflect how long it was taking to adjudicate applications. Instead, every month, USCIS determines the number of applications pending adjudication in each field office and uses this number to calculate a calendar date. USCIS uses the calculated calendar date to represent the age of the applications being processed by each field office and then reports that a field office is processing cases as of this calculated date.

Two other factors may lead to confusion about green card application processing information on the USCIS website. First, because it takes time to collect internal data, when the calculated date is reported on the website it is already 6 weeks out of date. Second, because USCIS’ calculated calendar date depends on pending applications, if the number of pending applications rises suddenly the calculated date on the USCIS website may move backward in time. This apparent lengthening in processing time may make a field office appear inefficient when the reality may be quite different. For example, on September 22, 2016, the USCIS website showed the Reno, Nevada field office (Reno) as having slow processing times, which Senator McCaskill interpreted as inefficiency. In actuality, Reno was completing applications more quickly than the national average. Because of this, USCIS shifted applications from other field offices to Reno, causing Reno’s published website processing time to spike. Even though Reno continued to complete applications quickly, the USCIS website showed a sharp increase in expected wait times starting in FY 2015. For example, in FY 2016, even though Reno actually completed applications requiring interviews in 184 days on average, the USCIS website showed Reno taking 518 days to complete applications.

Thanks for sharing the information. We knew their processing times on the website were bonkers, now we know why.  Why on earth do they even bother calculating those dates which are completely meaningless and outdated by 6 weeks! It would be much easier and more informative to just report the priority date of the latest case they are working on. And I thought the french administration was one of the worst in the developped countries...Not impressed by the US so far.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Adeya said:

Sep 14/2018

Same 🙏🏻

"One day, the plane ticket will be one way."

• Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wedding: 07/13/2018
  • I-130 NOA1: 09/14/2018
  • I-130 approval date according to online update: 09/05/2019
  • I-130 NOA2 received in the mail: 09/09/2019
  • I-130 approval as per NOA2: 09/04/2019
  • Sent to DOS: 09/13/2019
  • NVC Case Number received: 10/15/2019
  • Documents Submitted to NVC: 12/25/2019
  • DQ: 02/26/2020
  • IL: 03/11/2020
  • Medical: 03/19/2020
  • ID: 04/07/2020 <- cancelled by Corona
  • ID: 05/27/2020 —> approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I just checked on the case tracker app the 500 receipt numbers before mine (PD August 15) and i saw that last friday there were 7 aprovals and 3 RFE's. How exciting! I hope we all get approved soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.