TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, LoveTakesOver said:

Congratulations to all the approvals!

For those of you who are still waiting for approvals, do not lose hope. 

After watching this important briefing on K1 Visa Fraud, now it made more sense to me as to why USCIS are operating the way they are now with longer delays and why cases get approved in a seemingly random order. 

The first panels were Citizens or petitioners who testified to the Members of Congress of Judicial committee. The 2nd panel were Head Directors of each Agency that deals or  gets involved with K1 visa. 

From what I learned from the 2nd panel, usually applicants must undergo a screening security check. I’m thinking that screening security check are done at the first stage to identify cases that are potentially fraud or just indicators but not necessarily fraud. These indicators are usually being referred to the other Agency to do the background checks and investigations on both the petitioner and beneficiary. Those cases without any indicators after passing the screening security check will usually get a petition approval but it does not end there. Usually an interview with the consulate and then the AOS to remove conditional status will determine whether the two have a real bona fide relationship. 

Now I can see why they made it hard for the applicants to contact Tier 2 to inquire on a case because they have to lock it down. It is concerning National Security.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425416-1/immigration-officials-testify-procedures-prevent-fianc-visa-fraud

What bothers me on the testimony is how did the San Bernardino shooters got approved with fake address on their K1 visa? You can tell that Mr. Nolan is covering up for their failures..lol

Because of their failures, we have to pay for the price...lol

Thanks to sharing the video. Appears there gunna attempt to put a strangle hold of the k1 visa processes. Hopefully it's something that will happen after we have completed ours. 

Sucks seeing people take advantage of something and the rest of us who truly r in love and wanna marry pay the price for this. 

With that said, I'm willing to wait a tad bit longer if it stops people from getting in thst r doing it for all the wrong reasons.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So, we're filling out the DS-160 and came across something I had a question about. I figured others might as well when you get there. There is a question on the form that asks, "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance withUS law?" For various reasons, we were not sure how we should answer the question. (ie: some documentation but maybe not all, etc...) So I searched the board and found this thread. The best answer, and obvious in hindsight, is yes, because:

(Italics are my comments)

Because at the moment of your interview [when you hand over your paperwork] your medical exam will be at the consulate, so you have documentation that show you have vaccinatons required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bianca89 said:

Oh gosh okay :D So next time he calls he should ask for a tier 2.... Will they just forward you to one of them if you ask?

Just so you know, with Google hangouts app you can call US for free, at least from brazil. So now we can share the mission of calling NVC:idea:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lucas T said:

Is the letter from the embassy with case number and instructions a requirement for the medical exam? 

Thank you

Depends on the country.

You should check with your clinic just in case.

Japan was ok with the printout of the mail from NVC even though they said they wanted the letter from the embassy on their website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
15 hours ago, esyoue said:

Hi Everyone! finally got our approval!! 

NOA1 received date : 9/28/2017

NOA2 Notice date : 4/3/2018

Consulate: Montreal, Canada!

Good luck everyone! :)

Congrats! How did you find out? Did you use the app, new or old website, or did you get the letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/6/2018 at 1:17 PM, Olumide & Funlola said:

How does the embassy slots look like for Nigeria right now? Are the soonest opened slots available in June too? 

Sorry for the delayed response-
I am only seeing this now-

Yes oo
As of Friday, it was Mid June. nothing before then. You can always make an account and log in to see what the earliest date available is. It won't show you the full calendar until you pay but it will always alert you to the first available date.
As always, perhaps earlier slots will open if people cancel but I doubt it.
I'll advice anyone getting approved now to anticipate a June/July interview slot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Looking for opportunities to expedite our case later on (after NVC) I was looking for the Embassy in Tokyo :) @Naes.

Maybe that helps:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/jp/jp-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/8/2018 at 11:39 AM, BJ & Christine said:

Thanks to sharing the video. Appears there gunna attempt to put a strangle hold of the k1 visa processes. Hopefully it's something that will happen after we have completed ours. 

Sucks seeing people take advantage of something and the rest of us who truly r in love and wanna marry pay the price for this. 

With that said, I'm willing to wait a tad bit longer if it stops people from getting in thst r doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Wow, as a March filer this absolutely scares me. What makes you think that want to put a "strangle hold" on the K1 visas? I don't have time to watch the full video right now. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Wow, as a March filer this absolutely scares me. What makes you think that want to put a "strangle hold" on the K1 visas? I don't have time to watch the full video right now. 

I watched the whole thing and, I personally didn't take that away from it. Honestly, I felt like it was a whole lot of information that we as filers going through the process already know about. They talked about incorporating a social media component and I've heard buzzing about that but since you have already filed i doubt it will affect you. They speak in general terms of improving the process but really thats it... don't worry too much. you're in!! you'll be ok

Edited by L and E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

For the simple fact that’s what the whole meeting was about. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.