sali89

Cancel K1 Visa

63 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

all in all, if you want your passport back you need to visit the us embassy, email, or call them. let them know you want to cancel everything and you need your passport back. I can't say that your esta will ever be active again, but all you can do is ask them about that as well. If you want away from your fiance and end things, IMO that would be the best if he is in fact involved with the FBI, you need to get as far away as possible. However fact is all that has happened, ETA, B2, K1 it is all in your perm file at the US embassy in Germany, unless you hire a lawyer you will likely have problem ever coming to visit the USA, since you have now been attached and linked to someone that is now possibly on the FBI radar. 

Thank you. I had a esta much before I met my fiance. I could travel with my Esta. I never had to apply for B2 Visa before.  I travelled to USA to visit my fiance with Esta. After a while we decided  to get married so we applied for a K1 Visa. Before we applied for a K1 Visa I travelled to USA with esta.  He sent the K1 Petition. Then he got a notification RFE. So he sent the RFE back. And during the RFE Process he met someone who is being watched from the FBI. This Person were started to live on my fiances house. The FBI started an Investigation about him. But i found this out later. During the RFE-Process I wanted to visit my fiance with my valid ESTA. I find out that the Status changed to not authorized to travel. First I called them and asked the Status of my esta got changed. They told me I should apply for b2 Visa to get the reason because they cant tell this on phone. So I applied for b2 visa. Once I was at the embassy they told me my visa gonna be under administrating process. I had to cancel the B2 because i needed my passport.  My B2 did not get denied. I cancelled the process because I needed my passport.

After a while I had my K1 interview at the us embassy in Germany. They told me my Visa is going to under administrating process. I already contacted the embassy a few times. They dont give me any Information. They just saying it is under administrating process. M fiance is being  investigated by the FBI because he knows someone that is being watched from the FBI. this is what he told me. thank your for the information

Edited by sali89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Illiria said:

You need to do three things

1) Tell the dude it’s over 

2) Contact the embassy telling them that you are no longer in a relationship with the dude and so no longer wish to pursue immigration to the US, therefore you need your passport back.

3) Vacation elsewhere for a while

Agree - this.

(Your B was not approved, the chances of using ESTA again are slim to nil, likewise getting a B when all this has happened seem unlikely)

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

OP: Do you have any proof of the statements made to you by your fiancé regarding the FBI? It sounds like you don't, and as you are ending/have ended the relationship anyway, I'd take any claims made to you with a grain of salt. Move on with your life, cancel the petition/request the passport back from the embassy, and find somewhere else other than the US to visit.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

2 hours ago, sali89 said:

My Esta was not denied in first place. My esta was denied after he has the case with the FBI. My B2 Visa was not denied. It was under administrationg Process. I cancelled the Process because I needed my Passport.

My K1 Visa is at the embassy in Germany under administrating process. Thats why I am asking shall I email them to cancel my visa.

The ESTA getting revoked because of anything involving a fiance doesn't seem right (unless you are caught up in the investigation somehow as well).

As stated above, if you don't want to be with him anymore then tell him it's over, then email the embassy notifying them of this and that you don't want to pursue the K-1 anymore. Only he can withdraw the I-129F as that's his petition, but notifying the embassy/consulate is the most you can do. Get your passport back then move on. Maybe the B-2 gets approved eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, sorry. Whether the FBi investigation is solely on him or if you are now somehow involved or flagged is just a fact to live with now.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

I believe once you apply for a K1, you can no longer use your ESTA, even if it would be valid time wise. I was the same. They were probably just not authorized to talk about rejections in general on the phone, regardless of how trivial the reason is. 

B2 might just take time for the same reason, you already had a K1 visa in process.

Finally, the current administrative processing can take time for a number of reasons. Whether or not it is the FBI does not seem to matter anymore as the relationship is over anyway, no?

If it is FBI, you can't really "clear your name", it would be up to them to decide and no way for you to find out. 

If it's not the FBI, you don't need to have your "name cleared". Just contact the embassy to get your passport back and let them know you are just canceling the application because you broke up (no need to explain the FBI whatever to them of course), you should be able to get an ESTA or least B2 in a little while. (I don't remember whether previous K1 visa applications remove you from ESTA..)

Timeline

Of course you can use the VWP to visit whilst a K1 is progressing.

She has her passport.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

She has her passport.

Really?

Perhaps I remember wrong then.. my bad. Disregard the above then, please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

She has her passport.

If she had her interview her passport is at the embassy.

Timeline
5 hours ago, sali89 said:

Thank you. I had a esta much before I met my fiance. I could travel with my Esta. I never had to apply for B2 Visa before.  I travelled to USA to visit my fiance with Esta. After a while we decided  to get married so we applied for a K1 Visa. Before we applied for a K1 Visa I travelled to USA with esta.  He sent the K1 Petition. Then he got a notification RFE. So he sent the RFE back. And during the RFE Process he met someone who is being watched from the FBI. This Person were started to live on my fiances house. The FBI started an Investigation about him. But i found this out later. During the RFE-Process I wanted to visit my fiance with my valid ESTA. I find out that the Status changed to not authorized to travel. First I called them and asked the Status of my esta got changed. They told me I should apply for b2 Visa to get the reason because they cant tell this on phone. So I applied for b2 visa. Once I was at the embassy they told me my visa gonna be under administrating process. I had to cancel the B2 because i needed my passport.  My B2 did not get denied. I cancelled the process because I needed my passport.

After a while I had my K1 interview at the us embassy in Germany. They told me my Visa is going to under administrating process. I already contacted the embassy a few times. They dont give me any Information. They just saying it is under administrating process. M fiance is being  investigated by the FBI because he knows someone that is being watched from the FBI. this is what he told me. thank your for the information

See above.

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, YoungPadawan said:

Are you a dual national? Were you born in another country? 

The username Sali89 is most likely her name, and that's an Arabic name, so with the username and the English, I am willing to bet she is a dual citizen of a middle eastern country, and going into a very long AP is a thing (I waited 7 months for mine to clear).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MZC said:

The username Sali89 is most likely her name, and that's an Arabic name, so with the username and the English, I am willing to bet she is a dual citizen of a middle eastern country, and going into a very long AP is a thing (I waited 7 months for mine to clear).

That would make sense, so often we only get parts of the story.

OP, did you change your account? There was a girl with the exact same story like yours a year ago. She was German-Turkish and her fiancé a converted Muslim... Homeland Security showed up at his door and asked questions... just cut ties with him already if you have been doubting him and his stories for so long now! You're situation is getting worse by staying connected to him for so long and obviously your fiancé is pretty fishy...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.