TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jessica829 said:

What's needed to get an SSN again? Just the passport with visa, I-94 and birth certificate?

That's  correct. You also need to fill out the form  for SSN. Print it out and sign it

Form : https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

- Passport with K1 visa on it 

- Birth certificate

- i94 can be printed out online : https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search

Note : 

- Make sure to sign the SSN form after you fill it out 

- Would recommend fill out your name as shown on your K1 visa into your SSN form. 

Search for your SS office : https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

That's how i get mine. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, garylenhall said:

Hey, any progress on your case yet?  Hoping to hear great news from you @KBA

Thank you...we decided to file a lawsuit so that we can at least get an answer. Feel like our case is sitting on a shelf collecting dust...it’s been 13 months afterall! Hopefully we will know something by this Fall so we can make some decisions 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
48 minutes ago, KBA said:

Thank you...we decided to file a lawsuit so that we can at least get an answer. Feel like our case is sitting on a shelf collecting dust...it’s been 13 months afterall! Hopefully we will know something by this Fall so we can make some decisions 

Do you have a theory on why this happened to you? Did they tell you anything at all?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Do you have a theory on why this happened to you? Did they tell you anything at all?

One thought is that he had a green card almost 20 years ago when his father was going to move the family to the states...my fiancé didn’t end up moving because of his work and ended up giving the green card back (willingly). We are told this apparently “confuses” immigration...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, KBA said:

One thought is that he had a green card almost 20 years ago when his father was going to move the family to the states...my fiancé didn’t end up moving because of his work and ended up giving the green card back (willingly). We are told this apparently “confuses” immigration...

When they are already confused.why that greencard is making them confused more... 

8 hours ago, JayHouser said:

They  are stupid its been 390 days for my case too ,..immigration....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Hoosier81 said:

Finally getting around to sending in AOS packet.

Has anyone from June had there Advanced Parole granted yet? 

My husband hasn't yet, but should be getting close - his AOS NOA1 was March 19th, so we're nearing the 5-month mark.  Since we expect to be waiting 1-2 years for a GC interview at our local office, EAD/AP can't come soon enough... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Faisal1 said:

When they are already confused.why that greencard is making them confused more... 

They  are stupid its been 390 days for my case too ,..immigration....

Well I think it confuses them because he had asked to be able to live in the states in the past but then changed his mind...a lot has changed since then and he also has a son here so yet another reason to be here 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 23.7.2018 at 9:00 AM, mysticdolphin95 said:

My husband hasn't yet, but should be getting close - his AOS NOA1 was March 19th, so we're nearing the 5-month mark.  Since we expect to be waiting 1-2 years for a GC interview at our local office, EAD/AP can't come soon enough... 

My NOA1 was May 30th and we are in the waiting game again :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Interview result: passed.  Now trying to figure of flight from China to New York city area. There are no direct flights from China to Boston so Port of Entry might as well be NYC. I can drive back to my home in the time it takes to xfer in NYC, fly to Boston and then drive home. 

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

Interview result: passed.  Now trying to figure of flight from China to New York city area. There are no direct flights from China to Boston so Port of Entry might as well be NYC. I can drive back to my home in the time it takes to xfer in NYC, fly to Boston and then drive home. 

Found a flight from Hong Kong to Boston non stop. Not sure where in China u would be flying from. Just did random dates. Used google flights also. 

Hope it helps. And congrats.

4D9E1B55-D3A7-48E0-80EF-63A485F94479.png

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks ... I never picked up Cathay.  I think we're going to stick with Air China . Hong Kong is like 800 miles to the south, would require an overnight stay, much confusion.  Even Shanghai routes are like that.  Lots of back and forth about routes. I just gave up and will send money ... she has flown so many times and now we're dealing with a round tripper for her Mom who has had a valid tourist visa for years.  She's nervous about not having Chinese speakers among the flight crew.  No amount of assurances would work for her.

The smart husband thing to do was to just send money and let her figure it out.  I'm an hour and a half from Boston .. two and a half hours in rush times ..... no diff.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

404 days since noa1 and still waiting to hear back about medical approval and hopefully getting an interview scheduled... But this is painfully slow. Happy for everyone who is done and I sympathize with others who are still waiting. This just plain sucks... 

Hey everyone! Has anyone received notice about their form I-485 being ready for an interview? We sent that and the I-765 employment form in about 38 days ago and were surprised to hear something so quickly. My husband got his fingerprints done about 2 weeks ago. We haven't heard anything about the employment form, only the green card one. Does this seem odd and very sudden to anyone else? 

Timeline
On 7/29/2018 at 3:49 PM, koalaloveswallaby said:

404 days since noa1 and still waiting to hear back about medical approval and hopefully getting an interview scheduled... But this is painfully slow. Happy for everyone who is done and I sympathize with others who are still waiting. This just plain sucks... 

I feel your pain at day 404 waiting for NOA2. I can’t believe there’s such a delay considering how long it’s been since your NOA2! That seems crazy! I hope you hear something soon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.