julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sanskriti said:

I spoke to Jax 3 times in the last week, and he really is so sweet. But stay positive because its coming soon yours will be in transit. fingers crossed

yeah he was nice, so was amy, and lisa, and tyler. but still - pleasseeee give me the good news and assign my number :blink:

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 hour ago, LizM said:

Hi, thank you! 

I never asked to be expedited actually. I think they usually expedite K1s at the NVC because the expiration date on the NOA2 is quite short.

yep - that's what Jax confirmed yesterday. All K1's are expedited as it seems they are the ones with the shortest notice approval valid time of 3 months! all others are alonger :) so at least for once we have an advantage ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

yep - that's what Jax confirmed yesterday. All K1's are expedited as it seems they are the ones with the shortest notice approval valid time of 3 months! all others are alonger :) so at least for once we have an advantage ;)

The validity of the approval is four months, no? At least mine is valid for 4 months.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

yeah he was nice, so was amy, and lisa, and tyler. but still - pleasseeee give me the good news and assign my number :blink:

3 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

I see you made friends 🤣🤣🤣 

1 minute ago, Naes said:

I see you made friends 🤣🤣🤣 

bwahahaha i don't want no other new friends, i have enough hahaha

but you are right, it's a blessing to have nice people on the phone and they actually are not judging when u call 3 times a day (yes i confess) 

3 minutes ago, J&B said:

The validity of the approval is four months, no? At least mine is valid for 4 months.

ooops my bad, i meant 4 lol 

7 hours ago, Riane and Chad said:

I have the same birthday too. I hope we can spend our special day with our fiances. God willing.. :)

Wow! Another May 15th celebrant. :wub: Yep, in God's perfect time we will be reunited with them. It won't take long now. Praying for a smooth and speedy process for you, dear! 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

1 hour ago, Paul and Astrid said:

hello everyone.

will the petitioner get snail mail (document) from NVC too if already got the case number?

thank you:jest:

This is also my question. Has anyone received any hard copy from NVC, yet?  Will they send one to the petitioner? Please advise @Greenbaum ^_^

Edited by NICK & PAULA

47 minutes ago, LizM said:

Okay, got case number yesterday, CEAC status now says Ready, booked medical (4/18), filled out DS-160 and now I just need to complete it with a picture where do not look like I just woke up (as is the case at the moment). Then I will schedule the interview. I feel like this slow train ride my fiancé and I have been on the past six months just turned into a roller-coaster and the speed makes me a bit dizzy.

I also received news that he will be traveling Monday-Thursday every week to work on a client project in another state for a few months going forward, and thus likely during my first time in the country. It's not uncommon in his line of work and I think once I'm working too it won't be too hard to deal with him traveling. But I'm definitely facing the reality right now of having to be alone not just during the days but the evenings and nights as well. In a new country, unauthorized to work, unable to travel, with no friends or family nearby. It will be challenging for sure.

However, on a positive note - we will be in NYC so I'm not dependent on a car/other people to go places. I signed up for a few courses with a Swedish university and I plan to find nice cafés or libraries to study in. I think I might try to hang out a bit with his mom and find ex-pat societies to join. And I will restrict my Netflix use until after 6pm every night, to not fall into that the trap of staying home in a pyjama all day :) 

To other beneficiaries in here, what are you planning to do with your time?

oooohhhh don't worry! especially in this huuuge city there are a gazillion museum and places u can visit! constantly! it never gets old :D

and awesome that u already signed up for classes. to also meet more american people you can also sign up for classes in places

as joanne's or michaels which are more crafty classes, but more locals go there :) that's fun too! and u learn things out of the comfort zone hihi

and after all, savannah has direct flights haha so u can also come visit there :D

15 hours ago, Amit M said:

Gotcha. And Sorry for asking this but Where can I find exact and precise information for what to do after noa2 is approved. I have all these questions but if there’s a document that explains it well I might as well first read it and then ask. 

You can find it under the guides section on this website. Just click on the word guides at the top left hand side and then click on immigration guidelines and then click on k1 flowchart. 

But there's nothing wrong with asking questions. That's what we're for. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just another reminder to update your NOA2>NVC info here to keep others in the process updated :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

well so grace just bursted my bubble as i was hoping to hear they got it assigned, but nope...

so i guess we won't be able to get anything done or scheduled before tuesday - IF we get a number by then :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We're rapidly approaching tax season and I'm wondering how that will affect the I-134 and required supporting docs. I'm self-employed and I don't know if I'll need to include my 2017 taxes or if 2016 will still suffice. Is April 17 a hard deadline for this stuff... before is 2016 and immediately after 2017 is required? Or do they still accept 2016 for a little while after? I'm thinking I should file now to have my 2017 packet by the time I need it.

35 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

well so grace just bursted my bubble as i was hoping to hear they got it assigned, but nope...

so i guess we won't be able to get anything done or scheduled before tuesday - IF we get a number by then :(

Hey my darling, no sad faces! :wub: The storm of waiting for noa2 is over and it's just a matter of time till they assign you a case number. Cheer up sweetie, okay? I am not use to see you gloomy, not now that everything is almost done. Just hang in there and wait for a super itty bitty while, your case number will be given to you soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.