julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

The question is basically asking has anyone filed a petition with USCIS on your behalf so that would mean if someone or some organization has or has in the past filed on your behalf in order to come to the US. So you would answer yes if your employer filed a petition in order for you to obtain a US Visa which in this case would have been a US work visa which means they were gonna sponsor you and therefore had to petition on your behalf.

Does that make more sense?

@Trinab80 it kinda does but now the confusing part is that I was already in the Us when that petition was filed. The employer didn’t file a petition for me to come to US. So would that make a difference? Or is it simply asking “has there been any submission of petition for tor name ever before?” If yes, then do I include jsut work visa now or also student visa that I owned for 8 years?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Day 8 since NVC received. Day 25 since NOA2. Called this AM, still no case number. I think for the electronic group it's taking up to 10 days, so at this rate, I'm not expecting my case number until Friday. :(

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

ughhh just called again and had a lovely JAX on the phone... but.. sadly same answer, that the case got there 23rd, and we have to wait :(

he was nice enough to explain though, that K1's are usually expedited due to the short approval time on the NOA2! so it never takes 8 weeks as they say on the phone :) alright, at least something new right?

i'll try again before i go to sleep in about 4-5 hours :( but yeah... i was just hoping to get it by tomorrow as we have the 4 day easter weekend and eveeeerything (doc's and embassy) will be closed until tuesday :( please cross your fingers that somebody is literally working on it right now 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

ughhh just called again and had a lovely JAX on the phone... but.. sadly same answer, that the case got there 23rd, and we have to wait :(

he was nice enough to explain though, that K1's are usually expedited due to the short approval time on the NOA2! so it never takes 8 weeks as they say on the phone :) alright, at least something new right?

i'll try again before i go to sleep in about 4-5 hours :( but yeah... i was just hoping to get it by tomorrow as we have the 4 day easter weekend and eveeeerything (doc's and embassy) will be closed until tuesday :( please cross your fingers that somebody is literally working on it right now 

2/3 times when I call, they say, "We just received your case on August 20," as if that was just yesterday and I'm a moron for calling. :rolleyes:

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

23 minutes ago, Amit M said:

@Trinab80 it kinda does but now the confusing part is that I was already in the Us when that petition was filed. The employer didn’t file a petition for me to come to US. So would that make a difference? Or is it simply asking “has there been any submission of petition for tor name ever before?” If yes, then do I include jsut work visa now or also student visa that I owned for 8 years?

The question is asking if ever so answer yes if and just put in the box what and who has petitioned for you in the past. They're going to be able to see it in the system anyway. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Question and may be stupid but im starting my DS-160 and the personal information in the beginning is the beneficiary's?

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Everything crossed!

10 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

Question and may be stupid but im starting my DS-160 and the personal information in the beginning is the beneficiary's?

It is the beneficiary who is applying for the visa.  That form should be filled out like they would answer, not the petitioner.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Everything crossed!

thanks sweety! 

gosh this is so frustrating now! :( i'll try again but ughhhh...

news for u guys?

39 minutes ago, LizM said:

Everyone! We just received the news 😍 

F25137B4-7CDE-4D19-9A60-1F87519DFDA6.jpeg

oooh thats awesome news :)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks sweety! 

news for u guys?

Well Stuart booked his medical today!! For April 19th!! ( squeal!!)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks sweety! 

news for u guys?

3 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

oooh that's awesome! wohooo :D another step closer! this is getting better and better

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.