julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, BrianG5 said:

We're rapidly approaching tax season and I'm wondering how that will affect the I-134 and required supporting docs. I'm self-employed and I don't know if I'll need to include my 2017 taxes or if 2016 will still suffice. Is April 17 a hard deadline for this stuff... before is 2016 and immediately after 2017 is required? Or do they still accept 2016 for a little while after? I'm thinking I should file now to have my 2017 packet by the time I need it.

I'm in the same boat, I'm also self-employed. Since the deadline is April 17 anyway, I'm planning to file my taxes in the next week and use my 2017 return for the I-134. Otherwise, they might think I'm trying to hide something.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Just now, Shav said:

Finally

my fiance got email regarding our NVC CASE NUMBER 🍻🎉 

NOA2-march 8 

@John & Rose 

When was your NVC receive date?

Make sure to update your timeline and this doc! Congrats! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

6 hours ago, h&y said:

will you be directly in NYC or a borough of NYC? If you're in the city then you'll have friends within a week I'm sure. 

Im the petitioner in NYC and I was less stressed waiting for the NOA2 than I am now. Reality is that the roughest months haven't hit yet. Leaving the fiancé at home to work for a few months seems crappy lol   But then I think some people are heading to towns so rural they'll be lucky to go outside and stare at an empty field. At least you'll be in NYC! And of course if you need anything once you're here, you can always shoot me a message. Good luck!

We’re not sure yet as he will move once I get there. But he wants to live in Manhattan so I think that’s where we’ll be. Hopefully I will find some locals, people who’re already settled in tend to be busy with their own lives, I know how that can be 😊 Thank you for your kind words! How do you think your fiancé will spend his time? 

5 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

oooohhhh don't worry! especially in this huuuge city there are a gazillion museum and places u can visit! constantly! it never gets old :D

and awesome that u already signed up for classes. to also meet more american people you can also sign up for classes in places

as joanne's or michaels which are more crafty classes, but more locals go there :) that's fun too! and u learn things out of the comfort zone hihi

and after all, savannah has direct flights haha so u can also come visit there :D

Oh awesome, I will definitely look up those places, thank you! Have you attended classes there yourself?

Haha I might take you up on that offer 😄 Gonna rebel and tell fiancé “nope, had enough, it’s my turn to leave you for a few days to visit my good friend and her bakery in Savannah!!”

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Filled out the DS-160, submitted this morning!

Fiancee paid the MRV fee this morning too!

Now we just have to wait for CEAC to tell us "ready"...

4 minutes ago, h&y said:

@LizM I think he's most excited because my mother is an engineer and seems to think they're just gonna talk about engineering all day .😆 he's just so excited to be here with me. ( inshallah The interview goes well) I'm lucky enough to get out of work at 3:30 so I promised every day we can site see whatever he wants. He plans to study Spanish and check into seeing if he can use his masters degree here. I think he'll be ok while I'm at work :)  He's most nervous about not knowing which food is Halal. I'm like please there's a halal guy on every corner in Manhattan!!

Haha, yes there literally is! They're hard not to notice :D Isn't there one that is very famous and there's always a super long line? Can't remember the name, but I've been recommended to try it.

Oh okay! Masters degrees should work pretty much anywhere, no? Maybe he needs the degree certificate translated, but that should be it. I'm not sure what type of engineer he is but probably he won't have much of a problem finding a job either.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

I am a federal employee, so I know that federal government offices in the U.S. are open Friday.  Our next federal holiday is not until Memorial Day, May 28.  - Jason

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shav said:

Finally

my fiance got email regarding our NVC CASE NUMBER 🍻🎉 

NOA2-march 8 

@John & Rose 

Congratulations!!!  Its about time!

I still haven't received anything from NVC and our petition is already in Manila.  If fact, USCIS still has me at "RFE response received".

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, KAF said:

Does the NVC close on the “holidays” like this coming Friday? I want to make a call if they received our case

Good Friday is not a Federal Holiday for USCIS or NVC.  The Embassy in Manila is closed Thursday and Friday because they follow the holiday schedule of the Philippines and the US!  They get a lot of days off there.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, JasonGG said:

I requested 2014-2017 at the IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Each year is a separate request.  Took about a week to receive them.  I filed my 2017 taxes the third week of February and was able to request the transcript 2 weeks later.

Jason

thank you Jason! actually i was able to download it from their website and you can print it. It is electronic 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Im only seeing the WAC # requested on the ds-160... I thought we were waiting for the NVC case number just so it could be added on that form... am I missing something?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

NVC status is READYYYYYY!

oo-OOOOOOOO!  #sheready :dance:

Happy Friday (junior)!

Congratulations many blessings on your continued journey!!!!!!^_^

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

thank you Jason! actually i was able to download it from their website and you can print it. It is electronic 

Did you request the Tax Return transcript or the Tax Account Transcript?

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.