pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Obviously most of us will not be that lucky to be the first ones for approval.  6 month average on here is 197 days to approval and 30 days for nvc and package to be at embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Yep. I'm hoping for 6-7months. Hopefully like USCIS said end of Sept, early oct. We are lucky at least that our Lithuanian embassy is pretty empty and it's a breeze to go thru. 1week-2weeks Tops from first letter to standing at the gate to USA. 
they should also prescreen all applications.. Meaning looking over, the ones with redflags/insufficient evidence/not eligible/fake/difficult cases separately from the ones that have tons of proof, all paperwork in order, no issues with applications, and nothing is missing. Why we have to wait in the same line with people who later post "never seen my fiance, why my i-129f was denied?".

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Yep. I'm hoping for 6-7months. Hopefully like USCIS said end of Sept, early oct. We are lucky at least that our Lithuanian embassy is pretty empty and it's a breeze to go thru. 1week-2weeks Tops from first letter to standing at the gate to USA. 
they should also prescreen all applications.. Meaning looking over, the ones with redflags/insufficient evidence/not eligible/fake/difficult cases separately from the ones that have tons of proof, all paperwork in order, no issues with applications, and nothing is missing. Why we have to wait in the same line with people who later post "never seen my fiance, why my i-129f was denied?".

Cheers.

Ha perfect post 👌🏽 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

9 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Cheers.

I agree! Have you seen the changes that are coming in September? It will actually help with what you are talking about. This is a very slanted perspective but the USCIS also came out with their own statement about it as well. Basically any applicants that submit for a visa on Sept 11, 2018 or after will be either approved or denied. There will no longer be RFE's. From reading the statement the USCIS said about it is this is actually good for those of us who actually take the time to go through the process correctly. The issue with the way the current process is, is that people can just send a very sloppy or not fully filled out application so they can get a "spot in line" and go through the process faster and just wait for an RFE. Which definitely is not fair to those of us who take our time and make sure to do it correctly the first time.  By doing this we will not be held up by the RFE's. :) Here's the article if you're interested: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

I agree! Have you seen the changes that are coming in September? It will actually help with what you are talking about. This is a very slanted perspective but the USCIS also came out with their own statement about it as well. Basically any applicants that submit for a visa on Sept 11, 2018 or after will be either approved or denied. There will no longer be RFE's. From reading the statement the USCIS said about it is this is actually good for those of us who actually take the time to go through the process correctly. The issue with the way the current process is, is that people can just send a very sloppy or not fully filled out application so they can get a "spot in line" and go through the process faster and just wait for an RFE. Which definitely is not fair to those of us who take our time and make sure to do it correctly the first time.  By doing this we will not be held up by the RFE's. :) Here's the article if you're interested: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

I agree with this but wish/hope they'd use discretion as well. Not that it affects us, thankfully, but for future filers. It's obvious those who put a lot of effort into making it right but made a simple mistake versus those that completely BS the application. For the former situation, it'll be painful to figure out what exactly went wrong and have to start the entire process over. I couldn't imagine. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

i did. It's a good step forward. I hope they will use it correctly, because with great power comes great responsibility. I have a feeling that they might deny some just to add to the revenue.. I really hope im wrong.

Since they introduce new things to speed up the process, i hope we arent the test bunnies for the new system, as that could slow our approvals down..
Anyway, we'll see soon enough

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're soooo close everyone, I can't believe that in just a few days it'll be August already! :bonk: :jest:

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, crono_clone said:

We're soooo close everyone, I can't believe that in just a few days it'll be August already! :bonk: :jest:

Haha. Many days it doesn't feel close enough! But it is amazing how fast time has gone by so far! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got NOA1 143 days ago, seeing 200 day average still seems SO far away! But we've made it this far!

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Timeline

Yeah, almost whole summer is gone! and i want it gone, so the september could come.
But i learned to play Snow Hey oh by Red Hot Chili Peppers... Guitar players will understand..:whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Yeah, almost whole summer is gone! and i want it gone, so the september could come.
But i learned to play Snow Hey oh by Red Hot Chili Peppers... Guitar players will understand..:whistle:

Post video of this or it didn’t happen 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Best of luck to everyone! We're all troopers. In the "home stretch" in regards to these NOA 2s. Keep busy, and stay positive. 🙌🏽. 

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We inch closer 1/26 and February only has 28 days...   Trying to be an optimist. I think both january and february had an aberage number of applicAnts and MArch was a little higher than average on the end of the month more from what i sAw and remember.

California Service Center (Transfer? No
I129F NOA1: 2018-01-26 
I129F NOA2: 2018-07-27 
NVC Received: 
NVC Left: 
Consulate Received: 
Final Interview:

Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, Hme53 said:

Post video of this or it didn’t happen 

lol will do!
It took a while though.. I'm playing a bit over 3years with no musical background whatsoever, i can't even read music haha. I got up to speed with it, but every now and then i pick wrong note (accidentally obv) so there is more to work on, but speed is THE killer. I found a trick with that song to make it easier to play, which is get used to the chords first, plant the palm down above the strings with pinky laid down below, and it makes it kinda easier to navigate and coordinate. Damn RHCP is difficult. John is the best tho, got RHCP tattoo on my ankle..

Best,

P.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.