2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody!!!

My EAD application have been received on May 7, now I am "patiently" waiting for my EAD card after requesting an Expedite on June 17th for "Severe Financial Loss". I am currently working with an EAD card that ends on July 15th (I was under OPT).

Few days later they emailed me requesting evidence for my expedite: a letter from my company "stating that the company intends to terminate your employment". I faxed it pretty quickly.

On june 28th I received an email saying they received my fax for my RFE. Also, in this same email they mention "your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly".

Does anyone else is in the same situation as me at that time?

How long does it take between this last email and a decision?

The EAD applications seem so behind, I am scared to wait for months before being able to have my job back 😕. Plus the life in the Bay Area is crazy expensive!!

Thank you all by advance!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, FrenchieAlix said:

Hi everybody!!!

My EAD application have been received on May 7, now I am "patiently" waiting for my EAD card after requesting an Expedite on June 17th for "Severe Financial Loss". I am currently working with an EAD card that ends on July 15th (I was under OPT).

Few days later they emailed me requesting evidence for my expedite: a letter from my company "stating that the company intends to terminate your employment". I faxed it pretty quickly.

On june 28th I received an email saying they received my fax for my RFE. Also, in this same email they mention "your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly".

The EAD applications seem so behind, I am scared to wait for months before being able to have my job back 😕. Plus the life in the Bay Area is crazy expensive!!

The first poster of this thread (on page one) seems to get approval within three days of this status. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, tiantian2 said:

The first poster of this thread (on page one) seems to get approval within three days of this status. 

Hi Tiantian2,

Thanks for your answer. I also read that it was beginning of 2018, not sure if the delays are the same today....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Attn: xx, Div xx, Team xx
(Time Sensitive Material)
COVER LETTER
Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxxxx
referral number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A-xxxxxxxxxxx
On June 27, 2019, I received a notice from you requesting proof of a pending job offer as per  my expedite request. Attached please find the following supporting evidance: Cover Letter, job offer letter, proof of financial hardships, and copy of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx notice received. 

Dear U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 

I am writing to request expedited processing of my Form I-765. On June 19, 2019 I received a job offer that is set to expire by July 2, 2019 (45 days after job offer). My wife and I are struggling immensely financially to keep up with rent payment as well as utilities and loan payments (please see attached). If I am unable to accept this job offer, we will suffer severe financial loss and possibly risk reaching collections for several of the accounts. We are unable to pay everything back with just my wife working. Accepting this job offer would mean we can make all our payments in time .

XX
06/29/2019

Hey everyone, 

so glad I found this thread. I am trying to write my cover letter to fax to USCIS. What do you guys think of what I have so far? I am unsure if this is the correct way to go about the severe financial loss expedite. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I should change, delete, or add? 

Please and Thanks so much! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, FrenchieAlix said:

Hi everybody!!!

Hello, welcome to the club. I requested an expedite on June 6 and sent my documents June 11. I received the very same email as you on June 14th and have been waiting somewhat impatiently ever since lol. Hopefully it will be soon for both of us!

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Timeline
13 minutes ago, oztousa said:

Hello, welcome to the club. I requested an expedite on June 6 and sent my documents June 11. I received the very same email as you on June 14th and have been waiting somewhat impatiently ever since lol. Hopefully it will be soon for both of us!

Hi Oztousa,

Did you contact a third party as senator or congressman? I personally didn’t yet, I wonder if it helps speed up the process...

Timeline
52 minutes ago, FrenchieAlix said:

Hi Oztousa,

Did you contact a third party as senator or congressman? I personally didn’t yet, I wonder if it helps speed up the process...

Hi! I contacted my congresswoman and a couple weeks later I got an email from her office advising that my case was routed for expedite and should be adjudicated within 5-7 business days. If that is correct, then I believe Monday, July 8th would be the 7th business day. I'm really hoping that is the case. I also sent  a  few emails to both Florida senators but neither has responded other than an automated message. AND I also contacted the ombudsman but they flat out rejected my case and said it was not an emergency and I had to wait until it was passed the processing times. So I think those are all my resources lol. It does seem to help  some people and there's definitely no harm in trying. But in my  case I don't think any of them has been particularly useful.

Married since 3/10/2017

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finally!

Just received the E Mail to say the card is in production. How long does it usually take to arrive in the mail?

Check my timeline for how it happened.

Interestingly my Senators office called USCIS an hour before to chase the second expedite and BANG within an hour the card was in production!

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

7 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finally!

Just received the E Mail to say the card is in production. How long does it usually take to arrive in the mail?

Check my timeline for how it happened.

Interestingly my Senators office called USCIS an hour before to chase the second expedite and BANG within an hour the card was in production!

Did it take less than a month since you expedited to see card in production?

2 minutes ago, Ruby13 said:

Did it take less than a month since you expedited to see card in production?

Look at the signature for the exact timeline. I requested expedite on the AP first.  However the EAD is what has just been approved and I only expedited that on the phone YESTERDAY!

I am sure the earlier expedite is what helped, along with that call from my senators office. I am sure that cannot be a coincidence.

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone!! so excited! I requested an expedite on June 14th received letter for evidence on June 20th and faxed those off June 21st today I received an email and text saying new card is being produced. so it took 11 days. best of luck to those still waiting.

I didn't have a job offer just filed under financial loss. after waiting 300 days for my K1 I wasn't doing the huge waiting game all over again.

Timeline

Congrats to those of you who have been approved today. It must be a great feeling and a weight off your shoulders. Does anybody know if USCIS will be open on Friday July 5th? I know the 4th is a public holiday but a lot of places will be closed the whole 4 day weekend (specifically I know all the courthouses in my area are closed Thursday and Friday)... I'm wondering if there is any hope of an approval for me this week. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while to get an idea on how to expedite my EAD application. I decided to call my lawyer and ask her if she'd help me with the expedite request. Unlike most attorneys, she asked me to write a cover letter explaining the financial hardship that my unemployment poses on me, and get an EVL from my employer stating they will terminate my job in August (when my current work authorization expires). Then she said she'll mail them to USCIS. This happened on June 6th. Since I had time for a second request, I decided not to involve congressman for my first request. 

I am not sure when exactly she mailed the documents to USCIS, but I believe they received my request around June 10th or 11th. I didn't have much hope in it, and after hearing nothing (no emails asking for documents whatsoever), I was preparing for my second request after the holidays. Yesterday, I received a text from USCIS stating 
"New card is being produced". I am very relieved and happy that simply mailing a cover letter and an employment termination letter worked. I was indeed going to be in financial trouble if I had to stop working in August.

I guess my point is if your application is employment based and you are currently working, there is a really good chance they'll approve you expedite request. It just takes a few weeks, and I guess you just have to make sure they see your request one way or the other. Whether it is mail, phone, or congressman involvement. 

Edited by mehrdad91

On 6/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, Shell0118 said:

Hi guys! This is my first time replying a topic here at VisaJourney. I do have some questions regarding the expedite request of my EAD. I'll provide my timeline first and then have my questions on the bottom :) And congrats to those who got their request fulfilled successfully!

01/18 got married :)

03/30 AOS package sent out (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

04/08 Case was received; Fingerprint Fee was received 

04/09 text messages received regarding receipt numbers 

04/16 Biometric appointment letter received

04/22 RFE letter received

04/27 Response to RFE package sent out

04/29 Biometric appointment done

04/29 USCIS received response to RFE

04/30 Fingerprint review completed

05/20 Reached out to senator's office regarding my expedite request for EAD

05/23 Senator sent out the request on my behalf to USCIS

06/01 Senator sent an email to me, including a letter from NBC saying they received the expedite request and it was routed for expediting process

So my situation is that I was working under F1 OPT, but my OPT expired in this month and that's why I was asking for expediting under financial loss criteria by asking help from my senator. I provided my employer's supporting letter (which is a job continuation letter), a covered letter and also some of my pay stubs. But since 06/01 I haven't heard anything back from USCIS. Although my employer said he will keep my position and let me back for work after I get my EAD card, I'm still quite anxious because the living expense here at Boston area is crazy expensive so that's indeed a financial loss to me. 

Do you guys have any suggestions? Is it the appropriate time for me to contact my senator again? Or I should wait till the end of June which is 30 days later after the the NBC letter received? Or you guys suggest me to probably call USCIS to ask an expedite by myself which I do not prefer since it might cause some confusions (not sure)? 

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you all in advance. And fingercross to those who are still waiting for their EAD as me!

Hi... any updates on your expedited processing???

NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!!!

67 days after I initiated my expedite request and after I resubmitted a 50-page packet of evidence, a huge weight has finally been lifted off my shoulders. Thank you to everyone on this thread for all your guidance and support. Hope everyone waiting gets good news soon :) 

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.