2,245 posts in this topic

Good afternoon guys!

Married to gc holder, category F2A

Priority date I-130: 06/31/2017 (I-130 still pending) 

I-485, I-765 and I-131: receive date 04/27/2018

Biometrics completed: 05/25/2018

Case is readi to be scheduled for interview: 05/31/2018

I did do my I-485, I-131, I-765 with a lawyer 

A little about myself: I have been living in the US for 10 years. The whole I have been here with a F1 visa (student visa). I completed my Bachelor of Science in Nursing(BSN) here in the US, obtained my RN license in Texas, worked for 1 year with OPT and then re-enrolled in school to maintain status. Currently pursuing my Master of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner.

On August 22nd I called USCIS to expedite under the option nonforprofit organization for the social and cultural interest of the US. Let me explain, this semester I have to start clinical practices, just as medical school you do not get paid for these. However, they were requesting some form of employment authorization because it is a job, even though you do not get paid. When I called I told the operator this and also told her that if I did not complete these clinical hours I was going to fail the class and get kick out of the Master program, that was in the morning. That afternoon by God’s grace I also received a job as a RN field nurse. The same day I contacted my congressman, explaines my situation and included my job offer letter. 

On August 24th 3 messages appeared under my case history: case assigned to officer, we sent you a response, and case completed.

I received a letter from USCIS on August 29th asking for evidence for the expedite. i submitted a letter where I explained my clinical situation, now my jobd offer, therefore giving 2 reasons to expedite, and that because I am a nurse I am a community helper who serves the social and cultural interest of the US. I also faxed syllabus of the class where the hours of clinicals and no monetary remuneration is stated, class schedule, unofficial transcripts, my RN license, and my job offer letter. 

Today at 12:00 I received an update that my card is being produced.

I hope this posts helps someone out there, do not lose hope, I know the process makes you desperate. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

@NurseHouston thanks for the update . Do you think your congressman was resourceful? Or you think you did it yourself 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to say that I’m getting some hope from your timeline @eckoin about your request on expediting ead... I faxed my job offer last September 5, so I hope I’ll be hearing soon.   #ThinkPositive

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Summer123 said:

I just wanted to say that I’m getting some hope from your timeline @eckoin about your request on expediting ead... I faxed my job offer last September 5, so I hope I’ll be hearing soon.   #ThinkPositive

I know right.  I faxed it on Friday at 9pm.  Still not sure if that was a good decision (first pile of papers on Monday!) or a bad decision (did it jam while printing?  Probably).

Fingers crossed!

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Timeline

@eckoin it didn’t have any issues while faxing and I did have an Okay confirmation.. so I hope it went through and they received it... I’m just hoping to receive a response for the next few days. 

How did you get an acknowledgment? Is it through an email or an update on your case?

1 hour ago, Summer123 said:

@eckoin it didn’t have any issues while faxing and I did have an Okay confirmation.. so I hope it went through and they received it... I’m just hoping to receive a response for the next few days. 

How did you get an acknowledgment? Is it through an email or an update on your case?

I got an email with the following message once they had seen my fax...

We received your documents in support of your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly. 

K1 Filed – 05/07/17

K1 NOA1 – N0A2 – 02/06/2018 (211 days)

K1 Interview – 04/11/18 – Approved

Visa in Hand – 05/03/18

POE – LAX – 05/16/2018

Married – 06/11/2018

AOS Filed – 06/18/2018

Timeline

Yes, okay thank you so much... I now have an idea what’s gonna happen. At least we’ll know that they will response that they received the documents.  Thank you again 

I faxed the documents  supporting my EAD expedite request to USCIS on last Friday  (09/07).. I did get an okay confirmation  when I faxed them. But I have not seen any update on my case status, nor did I get any email from USCIS. 

What should I do ? Fax the documents again ? Call them ? Contact a senator ? 

Adjusting from F1 to GC as immediate relative of USC

Nov 15, 2017 Married to USC

July 1st, 2018 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

July 3rd, 2018 - AOS package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

July 10th, 2018 - Received NOAs via e-notification

July 15th, 2018 - USCIS cashed check

July 14th, 2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

July 25th: RFIE due to incorrect version of I-864

July 31st, 2018 - Biometrics done in Silver Spring, MD

Aud 7th: RFI due to incorrect form I-864

Aug 9th, 2018 - Updated I-864 with supporting documents received

Aug 20th, 2018 - Status Update Online: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Sep 4th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

Sep 6th, 2018 - Received email from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expeditious handling of EAD 

Sep 7th, 2018 - Documents supporting EAD expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 18th, 2018 - Told over phone by customer service rep that EAD expedite request was rejected

Sep 20th, 2018 - Received information that congressman's office filed for EAD expedite on Sep 17th

Sep 24th, 2018 - Received information that senator's office filed for EAD expedite (don't know exact date)

Sep 29th, 2018 - Received EAD in my mailbox. Yayyy!

Dec 15th, 2018 - Got a letter saying our interview is scheduled on Jan 14th!

Aug 1st, 2019 - EAD renewal package sent

Sep 20th 2019 - Renewed EAD delivered

Nov 30th 2020 - Green Card (10 year) delivered in mailbox!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, strangefella said:

I faxed the documents  supporting my EAD expedite request to USCIS on last Friday  (09/07).. I did get an okay confirmation  when I faxed them. But I have not seen any update on my case status, nor did I get any email from USCIS. 

What should I do ? Fax the documents again ? Call them ? Contact a senator ? 

Give them up to 5 full business days before you call them up. Otherwise you'd just be getting the generic answer of you will need to wait.

In addition, they may or may not actually put in updates online for your case. If they do, you'll probably receive an update by the weekend or next Monday. 

With that update, you'll again need to wait for about a week or two to receive updates about approvals and card production (if approved).

Timeline

@eckoin did you get an approval on your ead? Haven’t received anything from USCIS though even a confirmation that they have received the documents I faxed. Kind of sad, but I’ll just have to wait. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Just wondering, Can we expedite the case before bio appointment ?

I heard someone said its not a okay, but It has been 22days  since my filing date , Ihavent received bio apt letter. I havetwo job interview coming in the following two weeks. 

Thanks 

08/05/2021: Conditional Green Card Expires

💜ROC Journey💜

05/07/2021: I-751 mailed 

05/12/2021: I-751 Received

05/25/2021: Check Cashed

05/25/2021: Text Received. Cash number begins with LIN

06/02/2021: NOA1 Received, Dated 5/27

06/28/2021 : Bio waved 

??? : Card Received 

💛N-400 Journey💛

05/07/2022: Eligible for Naturalization

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, faycher said:

Just wondering, Can we expedite the case before bio appointment ?

I heard someone said its not a okay, but It has been 22days  since my filing date , Ihavent received bio apt letter. I havetwo job interview coming in the following two weeks. 

Thanks 

No, they will not put in an expedition request without biometrics done.

Wait until the biometrics appointment letter arrives and have an early walk-in. To make sure the fingerprints are in the database at the time of your expedition request, wait a day or two before making the call to USCIS.

Note that even after you've put in an expedition request, depending on what field office you're assigned to, the whole process can still take 1-2 months before you get your EAD card.

Best of luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

No, they will not put in an expedition request without biometrics done.

Wait until the biometrics appointment letter arrives and have an early walk-in. To make sure the fingerprints are in the database at the time of your expedition request, wait a day or two before making the call to USCIS.

Note that even after you've put in an expedition request, depending on what field office you're assigned to, the whole process can still take 1-2 months before you get your EAD card.

Best of luck

Thanks for the info 

This is a really attractive job opportunity so I will be continuously trying. 

Heard 

08/05/2021: Conditional Green Card Expires

💜ROC Journey💜

05/07/2021: I-751 mailed 

05/12/2021: I-751 Received

05/25/2021: Check Cashed

05/25/2021: Text Received. Cash number begins with LIN

06/02/2021: NOA1 Received, Dated 5/27

06/28/2021 : Bio waved 

??? : Card Received 

💛N-400 Journey💛

05/07/2022: Eligible for Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.