2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I still haven't heard back from USCIS on the expedite request I sent in on Sept 10. I faxed in the evidence on Sept 16th, and again on Sept 24th just incase they didn't receive it. I also involved my Congressman and they sent in a request on their behalf on Sept 25th. 

I've tried to call 5 times to check on the status, and see if they've received the fax. Every time they redirect me to a more senior officer, and I'm put on a call back since the lines are busy. The estimated wait times have ranged from 20mins to 3 hours, yet I have never gotten the actual call back. Does anyone else have this problem?

Adjusting from TN to Green Card through marriage

July 5th, 2018 Married in New York

Aug 7, 2018 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

Aug 17, 2018 - Received NOAs via e-notification (email/text)

Aug 29 - RFE request for missing form

Sept 6, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

Sep 10th, 2018 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

Sep 16th, 2018 - Received letter from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expediting of EAD

Sep 16th, 2018 - Documents supporting EAD expedite faxed to USCIS

Sep 25th, 2018 - Requested help from congressman, they've filed on their behalf

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Told by congressman that USCIS has rejected my request to expedite

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Oct 10, 2018 - Received update that my EAD card is in production

Oct 16, 2018 - Received EAD and AP combo card in mail!

Nov 8, 2019 - Got an email saying my Interviewed is scheduled (finally!)

Dec 18, 2019 - GC Interview

Dec 19, 2019 - I-485 and I-130 approved! Green card ordered :)

Timeline

Just got an email back from the caseworker at my Congresman's office....She says my expedite request was rejected 😔

The reason she gave was:

" The I-765 and I-131 cases are currently under review by an adjudications officer.  Your constituent should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this notice.

Our review indicates that the I-485 case is within USCIS's current processing time.  The New York Field Office is currently processing cases filed 05/11/2016. Processing time information can be found on our website on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.  For employment-based or family-based Forms I-485, Forms N-400, or Forms N-600, please check processing times for the local field office.  Once further action is taken, a notice will be sent to the address of record.”

I don't really understand, it doesn't really say that the request was denied or really why it was denied...

Sep 16th, 2018 - Received letter from USCIS requesting  documents to  support expediting of EAD

Oct 3rd, 2018 - Told by congressman that USCIS has rejected my request to expedite

11 minutes ago, frankiebean said:

Just got an email back from the caseworker at my Congresman's office....She says my expedite request was rejected 😔

The reason she gave was:

" The I-765 and I-131 cases are currently under review by an adjudications officer.  Your constituent should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this notice.

Our review indicates that the I-485 case is within USCIS's current processing time.  The New York Field Office is currently processing cases filed 05/11/2016. Processing time information can be found on our website on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.  For employment-based or family-based Forms I-485, Forms N-400, or Forms N-600, please check processing times for the local field office.  Once further action is taken, a notice will be sent to the address of record.”

I don't really understand, it doesn't really say that the request was denied or really why it was denied...

Sorry to hear that. The response is confusing. It seems like they are still deciding on your request?

I am also from NY and requested for expedite yesterday based on financial hardship and pending job offer. Within an hour, I got an email saying my request was rejected. After that I called my congressman's office to ask for help. Looking at your case I am worried that the congressman's office won't be able to help me either.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, sancocho said:

Sorry to hear that. The response is confusing. It seems like they are still deciding on your request?

I am also from NY and requested for expedite yesterday based on financial hardship and pending job offer. Within an hour, I got an email saying my request was rejected. After that I called my congressman's office to ask for help. Looking at your case I am worried that the congressman's office won't be able to help me either.

I asked the caseworker what it meant, it she said it basically means that they will be processing the 765 normally and not expedited.

Maybe your reason for expedite will be stronger than mine and it gets approved. What reason did you use for your request?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I got an e-mail in 1st Oct., saying that

The status of this service request is:
We received your documents in support of your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly. 

I have requested on 25th, September, so I am glad that it is moving little by little. My husband is disabled, and I think that might be why my case is moving a bit faster. 

Any ideas about how long after this message will I hear something again from them?

I have reached out to the congressman on 26th Sep, but I have not seen them doing anything. 

08/05/2021: Conditional Green Card Expires

💜ROC Journey💜

05/07/2021: I-751 mailed 

05/12/2021: I-751 Received

05/25/2021: Check Cashed

05/25/2021: Text Received. Cash number begins with LIN

06/02/2021: NOA1 Received, Dated 5/27

06/28/2021 : Bio waved 

??? : Card Received 

💛N-400 Journey💛

05/07/2022: Eligible for Naturalization

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, frankiebean said:

I asked the caseworker what it meant, it she said it basically means that they will be processing the 765 normally and not expedited.

Maybe your reason for expedite will be stronger than mine and it gets approved. What reason did you use for your request?

You can try your senator next to try to see if can get a better response. Truly that said your caseworker seems a bit incorrect, possibly if the application is at an officer that means it has reached someones desk and the expedite worked. Now how that officer deals with is a question and maybe its at the bottom of thier desk. But many people who got that response had their case approved in 2 weeks or so.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This was my experience. 

—————————————————————-

My two cents

1. If your case is not at ready to be scheduled for an interview expediting your work permit may actually be helpful. I didn’t know I was gonna get RFEd until I expedited .

2 . The White House can help you if your reason for expediting your case is  valid. A case resolution worker called me after I filled my form on the official website of the White House.

3. Ombudsman was also helpful

4. My status says new card is being produced. Can anyone tell me how long it could take to get here ? My flight is not until next month but I’m growing impatient. 

I got RFE on the 25th of September. Responded on the 28th was received at NBC on the 2nd of October my status changed to new card being produced on the 3rd of October.

Called USCiS on 08/29/2018 to expedite EAD

Contacted congressman John Lewis  on the same day.

Received a feedback from Congressman’s office that I need a job offer.

Received a letter from USCIS dated September 4th to fax evidence of financial hardship. Did that on September 7th.

Had news from home that my Dad passed away. At this point, I wasn’t interested in expediting my EAD no more. I called USCIS to expedite my 131 on 10th September I didn’t get any response.

I contacted two other congressmen. they contacted USCIS on my behalf on the 14th of September.

On the 15th of September, i went online to fill out the form to contact the ombudsman. They said they will get back to Me in 45 days.

On the 17th I contacted USCIS to expedite my 131 form again . This time around I got an email stating that I need to fax evidence which I did on the same day.

I went to the USCIS field office to get an emergency Advance parole around 230pm on the 17th . They let me in only to tell me to come back the next day since there was no one to help me with my case.

I reached out to my state senators on the 18th and early that morning they were able to send my evidence to USCIS .

Ombudsman replied to me on the 18th that they contacted USCIS on my behalf and would get back to me ASAP.

Edited by 4rmGhanaliveinATL
Be

Timeline
16 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

You can try your senator next to try to see if can get a better response. Truly that said your caseworker seems a bit incorrect, possibly if the application is at an officer that means it has reached someones desk and the expedite worked. Now how that officer deals with is a question and maybe its at the bottom of thier desk. But many people who got that response had their case approved in 2 weeks or so.

I just reached out to the senator to see if they could help. I still have a sliver of hope as the USCIS website still hasn't updated my request as rejected, and I was not told by them that it was....

Timeline

Card is being produced now. Thank Lord

💜ROC Journey💜

💛N-400 Journey💛

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, faycher said:

Card is being produced now. Thank Lord

How long did your whole process take? And how long until you get your card? 

I have been advised that they have sent me a letter requesting proof (which I have), but was told on the phone that I have to wait for the letter first before I respond via fax. I have a job offer pending which is extremely time sensitive. 

Timeline
Just now, KandW said:

How long did your whole process take? And how long until you get your card? 

I have been advised that they have sent me a letter requesting proof (which I have), but was told on the phone that I have to wait for the letter first before I respond via fax. I have a job offer pending which is extremely time sensitive. 

You can see from my timeline.

Requested through phone: 25th Sep

Got an email asking for evidence: 26th Sep

Faxed the evidence: 26th Sep

email about evidence was received: 1st Oct

Card is being produced: 4th Oct

And I don't know when i will get my card in hand. Probably by the end of next week. 

I think the reason why my case is moving so fast is that my husband is a disabled veteran and we are truly experiencing a financial hardship. Apparently just by a job offer without stating financial hardship and emergency or other particular reasons is not a good enough reason now.

💜ROC Journey💜

💛N-400 Journey💛

Timeline
1 minute ago, faycher said:

You can see from my timeline.

Requested through phone: 25th Sep

Got an email asking for evidence: 26th Sep

Faxed the evidence: 26th Sep

email about evidence was received: 1st Oct

Card is being produced: 4th Oct

And I don't know when i will get my card in hand. Probably by the end of next week. 

I think the reason why my case is moving so fast is that my husband is a disabled veteran and we are truly experiencing a financial hardship. Apparently just by a job offer without stating financial hardship and emergency or other particular reasons is not a good enough reason now.

I’m wondering if I have to actually wait for the letter?

we too are in a sticky situation and currently cannot access my husband’s bank account due to a lien. 

He isn’t a veteran, but I can’t read anywhere that states someone HAD TO wait for the letter in hand. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, KandW said:

I’m wondering if I have to actually wait for the letter?

we too are in a sticky situation and currently cannot access my husband’s bank account due to a lien. 

He isn’t a veteran, but I can’t read anywhere that states someone HAD TO wait for the letter in hand. 

Yes you have to wait the letter or email. If you have read this thread carefully. Because without the information on the mail or email , you do not know where and to which division and officer you will fax your evidence to. Yoi cannot do anything at this point right now.

💜ROC Journey💜

💛N-400 Journey💛

Timeline
3 minutes ago, faycher said:

Yes you have to wait the letter or email. If you have read this thread carefully. Because without the information on the mail or email , you do not know where and to which division and officer you will fax your evidence to. Yoi cannot do anything at this point right now.

Must have missed that in the post. The gentleman over the phone gave me all the details in relation to the team, division and officer dealing. 

However will take your advantage wait for the letter. 

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.