JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Joulesrc said:

Sorry to hear that :( I wonder if calling them prompted them to get the text and emails sent out. According to the tracker my case was received on the 26th Feb!

When I called them, I explained the situation and they said they need to transfer my call to the next level officers to find out what was happening since it had been longer than 10 days since I sent the package. I had to request a call back as there was such a high volume of calls, the tier 2 officer called back about 4 hours later and asked my name, date of birth and address to confirm my identity. She was able to find my info on the database and tell me my case had been received and my NOA1 hard copies were in the mail. It's definitely worth giving them a call if you're stressing about it!

Thank you! I think I will call them tomorrow than, as it is already afternoon today, cause I am freaking out like crazy! The worst I think about is they Lost all my documents and I will have to collect them again as I didnt make copies of some of them :( 

and could you tell me what number did u use to call them?

Edited by pattyandvern

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know what to do freaking out here .  It's been 3 weeks today that my package was received in Chicago for the aos and no cahed check no nothing. What should I do besides be patient. Other people getting there noa1 around same time as me 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
9 hours ago, pattyandvern said:

Nothing :( I got a note from post office that they got a package for me but Im afraid it is not from uscis but from my mom from Poland. I will check tomorrow as post office is closed for today.

can I ask when u called uscis all you had to provide was your name or they wanted any tracking number or any other information?

If you sign up for usps informed delivery on their website you can track what you are getting in the mail, they scan everything. That way you might be able to see if it's from uscis or your mom

Edited by nexiou

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline

USCIS received our docs for the RFIE, do you guys have any idea how many days it will take for them to update the case that its has been received? 

our case status still shows they have sent an RFIE.

thanks

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice on Adjustment of Status. I have been reading this forum and wanted to see how is it that you all started your case.

Yesterday I spoke with two lawyers and a gentleman from USCIS and all told m my husband and I are eligible to do an AOS. My husband has a tourist visa and we got married December 29th 2018. I thought that AOS would not be an option for us because he had arrived the 27th and we got married the 29th and he left back to Dominican Republic the 6th. I went ahead and started an I-130 petition and did not choose the Adjustment of status but the consulate in Dominican Republic. All three people told me that since he has had his tourist visa since may of 2017 to just come back into the states and to file a I-487 with a letter to revise my I-130 they event said he could have legally stayed in December when we got married and could have filed right then for an AOS but every time i read up on AOS i get back a lot of negative feedback as to I should not do this and that it could be considered fraud. I am truly lost at all of this because all three were all so positive that this is an easy process and that we are definitely eligible to do this without any issues. Can any of you shed some light on this with your current cases?  

My husband also spoke to an attorney in Dominican Republic and was given the same feedback. I just dont want to move forward with something that could bring us risk.

5 minutes ago, Dalis said:

Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice on Adjustment of Status. I have been reading this forum and wanted to see how is it that you all started your case.

Yesterday I spoke with two lawyers and a gentleman from USCIS and all told m my husband and I are eligible to do an AOS. My husband has a tourist visa and we got married December 29th 2018. I thought that AOS would not be an option for us because he had arrived the 27th and we got married the 29th and he left back to Dominican Republic the 6th. I went ahead and started an I-130 petition and did not choose the Adjustment of status but the consulate in Dominican Republic. All three people told me that since he has had his tourist visa since may of 2017 to just come back into the states and to file a I-487 with a letter to revise my I-130 they event said he could have legally stayed in December when we got married and could have filed right then for an AOS but every time i read up on AOS i get back a lot of negative feedback as to I should not do this and that it could be considered fraud. I am truly lost at all of this because all three were all so positive that this is an easy process and that we are definitely eligible to do this without any issues. Can any of you shed some light on this with your current cases?  

My husband also spoke to an attorney in Dominican Republic and was given the same feedback. I just dont want to move forward with something that could bring us risk.

Nope, not allowed. I would find better lawyers and never listen to any of those people you spoke to. You cannot visit the USA with the aim to adjust status. That is against immigration laws. And you'll have to lie at the border too, which is a big no no.

Yeah he could have stayed the first time but that ship has now sailed.

Edited by masteuk

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, masteuk said:

Nope, not allowed. I would find better lawyers and never listen to any of those people you spoke to. You cannot visit the USA with the aim to adjust status. That is against immigration laws. And you'll have to lie at the border too, which is a big no no.

Yeah he could have stayed the first time but that ship has now sailed.

That is what i thought. We will just continue with our original plans. Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bio metrics completed this morning, only about 15 minutes for my 2 girls

I brought or certificate of marriage as her paperwork has her married name but passport still has her maiden name

Good thing I brought it as there was a question about the name on the application but not a major issue

Was actually a really pleasant experience.

Now another countdown begins for us LOL 

01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dalis said:

Hello Everyone, 

From what I understand, enteringthe states with a tourist visa knowing yiu will adjust status is considered fraud. So I would not do that. Since he is back to his country and you guys got married, the correct way to do this would be apply for his CR1 visa, which js tbe spousal visa. It takes about 10-12 months, he would come to the us and be granted a gc right away, so no aos needed after that.

but the thing is, he has to wait in his country, take the interview in his embassy and all. I'm sure he could visit, I heard about cases like that.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

From what I understand, enteringthe states with a tourist visa knowing yiu will adjust status is considered fraud. So I would not do that. Since he is back to his country and you guys got married, the correct way to do this would be apply for his CR1 visa, which js tbe spousal visa. It takes about 10-12 months, he would come to the us and be granted a gc right away, so no aos needed after that.

but the thing is, he has to wait in his country, take the interview in his embassy and all. I'm sure he could visit, I heard about cases like that.

Thank you so much! I was thinking the same but what is a CR1 visa. Is that the same as the I-130 process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dalis said:

Thank you so much! I was thinking the same but what is a CR1 visa. Is that the same as the I-130 process?

I'm not sure cause I did the K1 visa, but I do think it's the same thing. It's definitely the best choice for you guys.

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dalis said:

The CR1 visa includes the Form I-130 as the main document as well as the I-485 AOS package. Your husband needs the CR1 visa because you have been married for less than two years. And if granted, your husband will be given a 2 year conditional green upon arrival 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

I'm not sure cause I did the K1 visa, but I do think it's the same thing. It's definitely the best choice for you guys.

good luck!

Thank you so much!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

The CR1 visa includes the Form I-130 as the main document as well as the I-485 AOS package. Your husband needs the CR1 visa because you have been married for less than two years. And if granted, your husband will be given a 2 year conditional green upon arrival 

I have already sent in my I-130 for processing and received a receipt number priority date February 13th. I chose the Embassy to be Dominican Republic. Was this form suppose to be filled out differently to do this option? What should i do next to make this CR1 visa happen? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
11 hours ago, nexiou said:

If you sign up for usps informed delivery on their website you can track what you are getting in the mail, they scan everything. That way you might be able to see if it's from uscis or your mom

Thank you, I will definetely do that! 

Nothing in the mail today for me :( but I called uscis. I have to wait for a call back from tier2. The estimated time 333minutes :/ i hope it is going to be sooner than that.

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.