TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
4 hours ago, Allthephils said:

WE HAVE A CASE NUMBER!!!!! I called NVC during my lunch break and they processed our petition today. No email or anything yet. But still! 

Too all my fellow Junies, I am so sorry I haven't "been here". Life has been busy and chaotic. I am still pulling for you all! <3

Did you call uscis to send your petition or you just sat and waited?

congratulations! It was pretty fast compared to what I’be seen

13 minutes ago, dlsmal01 said:

reading the NVC forum it looks like the electronic takes longer for the NVC to assign the number but is quicker at the embassy stage,  i still do not understand way electronic takes longer to assign a number at NVC.     but may be due to working with embassy scheduling.

Interesting I was reading my embassy's web site and they mention they do everything with the electronic form and they even work with the NVC for the interview date from it, which the NVC will give me the date. and to set up payment, so i guess that may be a positive that I should have interview date once i get NVC papers.  I just hope if that is the case there is no problem with the K2's and all are at the same time.  so i guess once assigned I just put in ds-160's and they solidify my appoints. I am still confused on setting up appointments for all 3 at the same time since the children are older.  That is also if the information is correct and I read right :) But I will see about that journey in the near future. 

Now the other fun, the country is just about to protests and shut down, other have tried for expedites due to civil unrest and denied also at this stage it does not make much difference,  but may make things interesting https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Honduras-Anti-Govt.-Protests-Continue-Ahead-of-Presidential-Inauguration-20180123-0012.html

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alexg89 said:

Thanks! I pretty much just sat and wait. I called NVC during a break at work and was told they processed it today literally an hour before I called. 

Edited by Allthephils

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, dlsmal01 said:

reading the NVC forum it looks like the electronic takes longer for the NVC to assign the number but is quicker at the embassy stage,  i still do not understand way electronic takes longer to assign a number at NVC.     but may be due to working with embassy scheduling.

Interesting I was reading my embassy's web site and they mention they do everything with the electronic form and they even work with the NVC for the interview date from it, which the NVC will give me the date. and to set up payment, so i guess that may be a positive that I should have interview date once i get NVC papers.  I just hope if that is the case there is no problem with the K2's and all are at the same time.  so i guess once assigned I just put in ds-160's and they solidify my appoints. I am still confused on setting up appointments for all 3 at the same time since the children are older.  That is also if the information is correct and I read right :) But I will see about that journey in the near future. 

Great info! 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

10 hours ago, Naes said:

Nope. beneficiary's employment doesn't play a role as far as I know. I'll also quit my job around my noa2.

I can't wait to quit either! It's been 6 weeks after noa2 now. As soon as we get that NVC number I am giving in my resignation. Everyday I hope it's today. Called USCIS today and they confirmed it is still in transit to NVC. They send both a electronic and hard copy but NVC waits for a hard copy to scan in before they can assign a number.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

21 minutes ago, colin57 said:

At least you have brought it to their attention, it seems in the past posts that when this has happened suddenly the petition gets approved..... we can only hope

Yes.  I did sit back and wait for too long.  Now I am starting to push it and at least I feel like I actually have had some attention.  We will see.  There are a few more things I plan on trying.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Allthephils said:

A lot faster than I was expecting. I had a little down time and decided to call. Glad I did : ). 

how long did it take you to get a hold of someone at NVC?  I might try to give them a call next week since my NOA2 is on January 2nd.

oh and congratz!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Terri/Ed said:

We are may filers. 

After getting Noa2 in Oct our case was under AP at NVC for 6 weeks before being sent back to USCIS for clerical error.

after many weeks and getting the senator involved we then found out our case was lost !

we had to redo new petition which was reapproved then expedited back to NVC.

They received Jan 12 and now we are waiting on being sent to embassy( Sydney)

unfortunatly they say it's going to take 4-6 weeks to process which I find hard to believe as there are cases going in and out of NVC within 1 week.

My dilemma is this.

Our wedding date is March 31st, 11 family members flying in from Australia which we can't cancel.

I quit my job after 18 years in Nov thinking I was on home stretch .

Can I still fly over for a family dinner instead, the venue says we can put our deposits towards that.

Im worried I won't get let in on esta?

I still have lease agreement and will get a return flight !

Will that be enough?

So so stressed and yes I know I shouldn't have booked wedding but we were told by immigration lawyer k1-only takes 4 month back in feb 2017 lol 

From the May forum. My heart goes out to them both. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JRLee said:

how long did it take you to get a hold of someone at NVC?  I might try to give them a call next week since my NOA2 is on January 2nd.

oh and congratz!!!

I waited for about 15 minutes for a conversation that lasted maybe 2 minutes. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allthephils said:

We got our NOA2 last week on the 15th.  Being impatient I called today and the gentleman informed me that they have not received my case yet and it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive there.  He said so you are just a bit early, which did not sound sarcastic or condescending at all.  Call me optimistic, but maybe they are picking up the pace over there.  I was surprised to hear up to 6 weeks because I thought I had seen 40-60 days was the average.

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Can everyone help me with this please; so we had this list of everyone here written in June... I again lost it. @Hadassah123 do you know where it was?

so I know @John & Rose @KBA Martin(can't remember the full nick) has total virgin cases. Could people who have total virgin cases tell me so we can update it and see how much they stretching?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

pretty much you have to do exactly what it says ... I will private message you

What did you initially submit for evidence of having met? If I may ask. I'm curious bc I'm worried for mine. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

Can everyone help me with this please; so we had this list of everyone here written in June... I again lost it. @Hadassah123 do you know where it was?

so I know @John & Rose @KBA Martin(can't remember the full nick) has total virgin cases. Could people who have total virgin cases tell me so we can update it and see how much they stretching?

@Naes As far as we know our case is still virgin. NOA June 13th

Edited by rolshine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Naes said:

The field office told me yesterday that my case was in the background check phase so does that mean it’s still virgin? Not sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.