TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JRLee said:

Hey George, got some questions for you since you're only Cambodia filer.

have you prepare any paperwork ahead of time before the interview since you got your NoA2?

Thanks

Yes, I’ve filled in forms and prepared what I could (like my tax transcripts!). Have you seen this? K1-Visa-Instruction-English-09JUN2016.pd

Thats what we in Cambodia need to do. For number 7 you get from ministry of justice but my fiancé found out she needed more paperwork to get it. I think it’s a special version of her birth certificate and to get that she had to go to the province (Svay Rieng). 

So we will wait to go to Ministry until later but we prepared the paperwork we need to be ready. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a question: so back in October 2017 I started giving my fiancé the paperwork he needs after gettn the number from NVC for interview at Nigerian consulate. Fast forward to now (January 2018) im still waiting on my NOA2. So should I update the affidavit of support, bank letter and letter from employer also once the approval comes through since its been a while since I sent him the paperwork? 

18 minutes ago, Nicolenpaul said:

I have a question: so back in October 2017 I started giving my fiancé the paperwork he needs after gettn the number from NVC for interview at Nigerian consulate. Fast forward to now (January 2018) im still waiting on my NOA2. So should I update the affidavit of support, bank letter and letter from employer also once the approval comes through since its been a while since I sent him the paperwork? 

Yes. It is better to send those documents at least 30 days before the interview date. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh goodness! You June bugs are chatty! Just caught up on 10 pages from the previous thread, and now all 15 pages here.

CONGRATULATIONS to all those that were approved in the last couple days!! So happy to see that things are moving along. Prayers and love to those that are still waiting (L)

In response to a previous post: @Naes - I'll happily meet up with you for pizza in LA! :)

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

@mysticdolphin95 goodluck for his medical today!! Let us know how it goes! 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/20/2018 at 10:05 AM, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

Just got off phone with NVC. Received jan 17th, CASE # ASSIGNED JAN 19th. NVC seems to be picking up the pace ladies and gentleman!  

Interview will be scheduled Monday!

giphy.gif

Interview scheds come first before filing that Ds160 thing?

im a bit lost.. wait.. im always lost.

i-got-lost-gif.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
40 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

@mysticdolphin95 goodluck for his medical today!! Let us know how it goes! 

Thanks, I will!  Of course afterward he's straight off to a week of fishing and diving in the Coromandel...his last for a while!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Interview scheds come first before filing that Ds160 thing?

im a bit lost.. wait.. im always lost.

i-got-lost-gif.gif

You need to fill out the DS-160, pay the visa fee, then schedule your interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

You need to fill out the DS-160, pay the visa fee, then schedule your interview.

Thanks!

So basically when do you think i should start filling out the DS160? Once my Case is in the embassy or in transit?

thanks again :)

Timeline
Just now, INNSU09 said:

Thanks!

So basically when do you think i should start filling out the DS160? Once my Case is in the embassy or in transit?

No prob. You can fill it out anytime cause your info is saved in there. But I'd say do it when your case status says "ready". Good luck on the interview. :)

Timeline
13 hours ago, JSCGPV said:

Sorry for the late reply as i was out for the night. I applied through Rapid Visa and these are the exact instructions sent to me on what I need to do.

Cool thanks cause that different from the actual instructions on uscis forms page. But im going to send them as well just to be safe. Doesnt hirt anyway to send extra proof.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Evening, chaps and chappettes.

Quick question, how long after you got your RFE notification online did you get the papers in the mail, please?

My mind feels like an exquisite tapestry being attacked by angry kittens. 😂 I neeeeeed to knowwwwwww what they want!

Troy-Barnes-Why-Are-You-Making-Us-Feel-T

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

Cool thanks cause that different from the actual instructions on uscis forms page. But im going to send them as well just to be safe. Doesnt hirt anyway to send extra proof.

I agree with you it's for sure different. I went back and read USCIS instructions and like you I also didn't see anywhere that you needed those forms unless self-employed. However, I'm going to send all those papers also. Actually I will be there for the interview, so I will personally bring them.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Evening, chaps and chappettes.

Quick question, how long after you got your RFE notification online did you get the papers in the mail, please?

My mind feels like an exquisite tapestry being attacked by angry kittens. 😂 I neeeeeed to knowwwwwww what they want!

Troy-Barnes-Why-Are-You-Making-Us-Feel-T

Mine took 4 working days 

Timeline
2 hours ago, INNSU09 said:

Thanks!

No, once you have your number from NVC the DS160 can be filed, Visa fees can be paid and interview scheduled. I received my our number friday when i called NVC. I will call as soon as embassy opens today to pay fees, and my fiance will file DS160 first thing today then call to try to schedule her interview. 

If you wait until it received at embassy, its just addeding a little extra time. So if you know your petition is on its way to NVC, start calling them. As soon as they have it entered in the system they will give you the case # and invoice #. And thats what you need to file DS160 and schedule interview. 

Thats how a friend of mine did his wifes anyway. So im just going by how he did it since its the same embassy.

Edited by Shawn & Rizalyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.