ags247

Looking for guidance - My fiance is on the Newest Travel Ban...now what?

78 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, dsufi said:

An update on my case: my wife went for interview. I had prepared a set of waiver related documents but as somebody else also mentioned, CO said he did not need anything. Anyhow, our case is going through waiver process now.

Hope this helps.

-D

Did you guys hear back about the waiver??  The State Department released a report indicating a 98% denial rate on Travel Ban Waiver applications. Three days ago, a lawsuit was filed in California asking for a federal court to cease visa denials and stop the travel ban from taking effect...Hopefully something will come of it.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, dsufi said:

An update on my case: my wife went for interview. I had prepared a set of waiver related documents but as somebody else also mentioned, CO said he did not need anything. Anyhow, our case is going through waiver process now.

Hope this helps.

-D

The State Department released a report indicating a 98% denial rate on Travel Ban Waiver applications. Since then, three days ago, a lawsuit was filed in California asking for a federal court to cease visa denials and stop the travel ban from taking effect. ...did you guys hear anything back about the waiver?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, Tatsi said:

Hun its my husband and he is Syrian. My interview is on March 18. 

Hi Tatsi, did your husband's visa interview approved as March 18 already passed?

3 minutes ago, Asii said:

Hi Tatsi, did your husband's visa interview approved as March 18 already passed?

Yes it did thank you for asking!! We are under AP and yes the same waiver situation. How long is the wait who knows!!! I dont think they are issuing visas to anyone at the moment due to the Ban. AP and then it goes from there

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, ags247 said:

Did you guys hear back about the waiver??  The State Department released a report indicating a 98% denial rate on Travel Ban Waiver applications. Three days ago, a lawsuit was filed in California asking for a federal court to cease visa denials and stop the travel ban from taking effect...Hopefully something will come of it.

The State Department released a report indicating a 98% denial rate on Travel Ban Waiver applications. Since then, three days ago, a lawsuit was filed in California asking for a federal court to cease visa denials and stop the travel ban from taking effect. ...did you guys hear anything back about the waiver?

I knew about the 98% reject rate, but didn't hear about the state of CA filing a lawsuit.  Here is something I read today regarding more states joining in and filling lawsuits:

https://missoulacurrent.com/government/2018/04/trump-travel-ban-3/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 2/10/2018 at 11:29 PM, dsufi said:

They considered our case for waiver and told us wait to hear back. I am not sure when we would hear back though. It could be a long wait.

Any updates, please? 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Can any of the posters who did their interviews update us please? 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

My husband is Syrian. Had his interview on Feb 20th. We've been on Administrative Processing since then. Not sure what happens now after the Supreme Court ruling to uphold the travel ban. I really don't know if we're going to keep waiting indefinitely and if they will deny the visa after all the waiting. 

I heard a lawyer say that anyone without a greencard from the banned countries can't enter the U.S. now. I'm not sure if that's true though...

I'm lost.

Edited by Mirna.A

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/13/2017 at 2:47 PM, LionessDeon said:

Ok and.....

Waivers don't waive bans.  They waive inadmissibilities. 

They are obviously confused anxious and worried.  Your responses are hurting my feelings.  If you're annoyed at the questions or can't find compassion why answer?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

They are obviously confused anxious and worried.  Your responses are hurting my feelings.  If you're annoyed at the questions or can't find compassion why answer?

If your feelings are hurt from what you're reading on a forum, why be on a forum? Especially where the TOS states do not tell someone they can't or shouldn't post. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.