Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, decfiler said:

i did not know that you can see when its touched. i only check the case status online and basically seeing NOA1. can you show mo how to see it?

If you create an account on USCIS you see some "updates" not status but dates... to tell the truth. I am not really sure if they really mean meaningful "touches"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Good morning Decemberites! How are all my favorite people doing on this bright sunshiny day? B-)

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello December family! How are you doing? I was wondering how are you guys dealing with the wait... it's been almost three months since I last saw my fiance and I'd like to know how you are coping with this process. I'm trying to focus on the end result but some days are rough for sure. I skype with my fiance daily, however he is not the best at texting 24/7 and that creates problems:jest:. We thought we'd be able to wait until NOA2 to see each other, but we don't know how long this will take so maybe we'd sacrifice part of the wedding budget just to spend some time together...  

I'd love to know more about your experiences so far! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Its hard but still very doable. I am very busy tying up loose ends so when that vis comes in I can MOVE! 

I visited him during december and he is coming over in 12 days, 9 ours and 49 minutes. :wub: He'll be staying for two weeks and we'll visit Paris, drive around Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. We'll go visit some friends in the UK. And I'm going to show him all over the Netherlands. 

Anyway. We chat a lot. Like, whole pages of texts daily. And that's not to mention the phone and video calls (6 hours yesterday :whistle:)

Its pretty easy going now. But I think it'll get a lot harder once we hit 180, 190 and 200 days. I can see our fellow filers in May, June, July struggle. It's so hard to watch. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Cleo_C said:

Hello December family! How are you doing? I was wondering how are you guys dealing with the wait... it's been almost three months since I last saw my fiance and I'd like to know how you are coping with this process. I'm trying to focus on the end result but some days are rough for sure. I skype with my fiance daily, however he is not the best at texting 24/7 and that creates problems:jest:. We thought we'd be able to wait until NOA2 to see each other, but we don't know how long this will take so maybe we'd sacrifice part of the wedding budget just to spend some time together...  

My fiancé’s is the same. Skype everyday but texts not so great. I just communicated with him and told him that texts mean a lot to me (he’s not one for messaging), but I tried to explain that for me they are important so that’s helped. We also watch Netflix together (Skype while we watch) and play games together. I’ve found those things help a lot. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cleo_C said:

Hey there!! 😊

I just want you to know that what your feeling is perfectly normal. I’m fortunate that my fiancé works from home, so makes the 8 hour time difference more tolerable! 

I know I seen him last month in the beautiful Dublin, I’m heading to Canada in few weeks and debating a trip to the US and pre-clearing in Dublin (only a train ride away). 

Work has been pretty slow but I’ve signed up for volunteering. The best thing is to keep yourself busy and take a step back from this process! Don’t lose sight as to why exactly your doing the process. I have a special box of memories from countries we’ve travelled and sentimental things that I pull out when I miss him unbearably.  

Ive always thought, ‘how are other people doing’-everyone struggles from time to time and some people may not confess this but it’s a fact of course on balance of probability! It’s hard too at times to confide in others as they don’t understand the feelings of emotions or process. So what I’m trying to say is: definitely book a wee trip (if budget allows), keep the faith, the K1 process has an end, know that you will be together by Christmas and look forward to how much your life is going to change! ❤️

Edited by jakejon

4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Its hard but still very doable. I am very busy tying up loose ends so when that vis comes in I can MOVE! 

I visited him during december and he is coming over in 12 days, 9 ours and 49 minutes. :wub: He'll be staying for two weeks and we'll visit Paris, drive around Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. We'll go visit some friends in the UK. And I'm going to show him all over the Netherlands. 

Anyway. We chat a lot. Like, whole pages of texts daily. And that's not to mention the phone and video calls (6 hours yesterday :whistle:)

Its pretty easy going now. But I think it'll get a lot harder once we hit 180, 190 and 200 days. I can see our fellow filers in May, June, July struggle. It's so hard to watch. 

Damn you are lucky, we haven't seen eachother since April last year, and have to wait till the end of June for our next visit. Daily messaging and skyping whenever I can stay up (9 hour difference) is a lifesaver hah. 

In two days we hit the two month mark since recieved date, so I'm excited about that at least ^_^

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, CaseyCobos said:

My fiancé’s is the same. Skype everyday but texts not so great. I just communicated with him and told him that texts mean a lot to me (he’s not one for messaging), but I tried to explain that for me they are important so that’s helped. We also watch Netflix together (Skype while we watch) and play games together. I’ve found those things help a lot. 

Hello

My poor fiancé works every day.... Long, long hours, so we do not get talk or Skype daily.  I am going to see him not this Saturday, but the next for about 10 days and I will  go back to see him again Memorial Weekend for about 11 days.  It is kind of hard when I am there because he will still work every day. That is his truth in Barbados. 

Edited by Cheschirecat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, Cheschirecat said:

Hello

My poor fiancé works every day. Long, long hours, so we do not get talk or Skype daily.  I am going to see him not this Saturday for about 10 days and I will  go back to see him again Memorial Weekend for about 11 days.  It is kind of hard when I am there because he will still work every day. That is his truth in Barbados. 

My fiancé works everyday too but our time difference is so vast that we manage to call for about two hours each day. It definitely is tough trying to manage time differences and work and everything >_<

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, CaseyCobos said:

My fiancé works everyday too but our time difference is so vast that we manage to call for about two hours each day. It definitely is tough trying to manage time differences and work and everything >_<

He is 2 hours ahead and when he calls it is 3am central. He is in eastern time, but they do not do daylight savings time

Timeline
5 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Wow, that trip sounds fantastic! Yeah, I feel for our fellow filers too and I'm wondering if I have that strength but I guess love conquers all :wub:

Timeline
3 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hey there!! 😊

I just want you to know that what your feeling is perfectly normal. I’m fortunate that my fiancé works from home, so makes the 8 hour time difference more tolerable! 

I know I seen him last month in the beautiful Dublin, I’m heading to Canada in few weeks and debating a trip to the US and pre-clearing in Dublin (only a train ride away). 

Work has been pretty slow but I’ve signed up for volunteering. The best thing is to keep yourself busy and take a step back from this process! Don’t lose sight as to why exactly your doing the process. I have a special box of memories from countries we’ve travelled and sentimental things that I pull out when I miss him unbearably.  

Ive always thought, ‘how are other people doing’-everyone struggles from time to time and some people may not confess this but it’s a fact of course on balance of probability! It’s hard too at times to confide in others as they don’t understand the feelings of emotions or process. So what I’m trying to say is: definitely book a wee trip (if budget allows), keep the faith, the K1 process has an end, know that you will be together by Christmas and look forward to how much your life is going to change! ❤️

Thanks ! You are so right! Certainly, sacrificing wedding budget is totally worth it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.