Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, L and E said:

Hi! I'm starting to prepare for the medical/interview phase! I recently did some pretty deep research in to the vaccines section. The medical offices in Colombia won't give us any idea as to what we need. I think I have it figured out.... but would you mind sharing what they required you to get? Thanks so much!

The list below is what the Doctor in Rio de Janeiro sent to me, the vaccines are related to age and he comments on some shots that are not needed anymore:

VACCINES ACCORDING TO THE AGE OF THE CANDIDATE
Search for a Clinic or Vaccination Post
Some vaccines will only be found at non-public vaccination clinics
DO NOT ACCEPT TAKING MORE VACCINES THAN THOSE INDICATED ON THIS SHEET FOR YOUR AGE GROUP!. THE YELLOW FEVER VACCINE IS NOT REQUIRED

- DTP [Diphtheria, Tetanus, Inactivated Whole Cell Pertussis] or DTaP (Tetanus Diphtheria, Child Acellular Pertussis) or DT [Diphtheria, Child Tetanus] If you are between 2 and 6 years old

Td (Tetanus, Diphtheria for adolescents and adults - booster) or Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis for adolescents and adults - booster). If you have between 7anos and no limit ....

- OPV [Oral Polio] or IPV [Polio Inactivated - Injectable] If you are between 2 months and 17 years

- MMR "Viral Triplice" [Measles, Mumps, Rubella] If you are between 1 year and 64 years old.

- Rotavirus [If you are between 6 weeks and 8 months]

- Hib [Haemophilus Influenza B] If you are between 2 months and 59 months

- Hepatitis A [If you are between 12 months and 23 months]

- Hepatitis B [If you are between 1 day and 18 years old]

- Meningococica C [If you are between 11 and 18 years old]

- Varicella (Chickenpox) [If you have between 12 months and no limit ....] If you have ever had Chickenpox, you do not need to take this vaccine
  nor laboratory proof of his immunity against it. The same is not true for the other
  diseases.

- Pneumococica Child Conjugate PCV [If you are between 2 months and 59 months

- Pneumococica Polysaccharide Adult PPSV [If you are between 65 and unlimited ....]

- Influenza - Seasonal (..of the current year) [If you have more than 6 months and no limit ....] - NOT H1N1 !!
OBS: INFLUENZA VACCINES WERE ONLY REQUESTED BY MAY (2017), SO DO NOT NEED TO TAKE.

- Yellow Fever - Not Requested

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would try to check with your embassy what is required, it might be different from here.

I saw on the Brazilian embassy web page that a gynecological and breast basic examination  will be done too. They say there is a list of doctors to choose when in fact there is only one. I read about people that only show a declaration from their own doctors for these exams and if that is possible I will do. I consider very absurd this type of exam (it is just visual). Have you guys ever heard about this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

@Scsc thank you!! This confirms my research haha... I’d hope you could find a way around the breast and gynecological exam... do they look at the men’s junk too? Sounds a little sexist to me and not really related to the needs of a medical for immigration purposes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Scsc said:

I saw on the Brazilian embassy web page that a gynecological and breast basic examination  will be done too. They say there is a list of doctors to choose when in fact there is only one. I read about people that only show a declaration from their own doctors for these exams and if that is possible I will do. I consider very absurd this type of exam (it is just visual). Have you guys ever heard about this?

How in the world are you going to do a gyneacological examination just visually... Doc got x-ray eyes or sumtin':huh:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

How in the world are you going to do a gyneacological examination just visually... Doc got x-ray eyes or sumtin':huh:

That is my thought, why is this even worth the trouble, aparently he just checks for external anomalies (maybe warts), but if they want to check for sexual diseases why not a blood test for this purpose... 

in the website doesn’t say anything about men being examined. 🤔🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey everyone!

how's everyone doing? so excited they started september already even if it's only a few cases. hehehe.

so when we initially filled our k1 visa last dec 21, my fiance just got his new military address then. we definitely wrote that on his current address but for his mailing address we used my fiance's parents' house. we used theirs because from our previous experience of his family and friends and even me included it would take like 1-3 months before he would get his mail even if it was on an express/2 day delivery. so we didn't want to take those chances right? soo long. hahaha. but we noticed he's been getting mail much much faster now, like within a week or 2 weeks so that's good. then his parents just told us that they're planning a long euro trip some time in may - july.  so that's when our noa 2 might come. so 2 days ago my fiance changed his mailing address online in the uscis website. 

so my questions:

1. would our uscis status change from received to something else if i do the case status later on (cause we know how slow uscis can be with updating online. like we were only able to check our case on their website like in feb)?
2. would they send a snail mail to my faince's "new mailing address" to let us know officially with a letter like what they did when they received our case? (they sent us an email confirmation though of the mailing address change).

thanks so much everyone!

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

EAD:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

AP:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
12 hours ago, Scsc said:

That is my thought, why is this even worth the trouble, aparently he just checks for external anomalies (maybe warts), but if they want to check for sexual diseases why not a blood test for this purpose... 

in the website doesn’t say anything about men being examined. 🤔🙄

Was about to say the same thing, only one medical reason for examinations like that, which could easily be replaced by blood tests instead

This is weird, especially since i haven't seen any other websites say it for other countries neither

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Katrina Roa said:

hey everyone!

how's everyone doing? so excited they started september already even if it's only a few cases. hehehe.

so when we initially filled our k1 visa last dec 21, my fiance just got his new military address then. we definitely wrote that on his current address but for his mailing address we used my fiance's parents' house. we used theirs because from our previous experience of his family and friends and even me included it would take like 1-3 months before he would get his mail even if it was on an express/2 day delivery. so we didn't want to take those chances right? soo long. hahaha. but we noticed he's been getting mail much much faster now, like within a week or 2 weeks so that's good. then his parents just told us that they're planning a long euro trip some time in may - july.  so that's when our noa 2 might come. so 2 days ago my fiance changed his mailing address online in the uscis website. 

so my questions:

1. would our uscis status change from received to something else if i do the case status later on (cause we know how slow uscis can be with updating online. like we were only able to check our case on their website like in feb)?
2. would they send a snail mail to my faince's "new mailing address" to let us know officially with a letter like what they did when they received our case? (they sent us an email confirmation though of the mailing address change).

thanks so much everyone!

If your case status changes with an online update that case status will most likely change to "document was mailed" because they will mail you a document explaining that action. And yes it will change in a somewhat orderly fashion (I say somewhat because I don't have data on cases that didn't happen.

however I have a case on my tracker that had an address change (from September) and tre case history (which shows if you have uscis account) shows this but it still says "case received"

Hopefully they will send it to your new address.... but then it's uscis....they're good at messing things up... so fingers crossed? 🤞

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bunbunbunny said:

Was about to say the same thing, only one medical reason for examinations like that, which could easily be replaced by blood tests instead

This is weird, especially since i haven't seen any other websites say it for other countries neither

Im going to call the doctor’s office and ask if I can use my own doctor’s statement that everything is ok.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/medical-examination-instructions/

unhh if is not like this everywhere else and men dont have to do it, this is very strange indeed...

FF8CF4B0-FBD1-4773-9E52-9AFED1F8D6F3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 2/27/2018 at 5:55 AM, Scsc said:

Hi guys, did you start preparing for next phase?

I’ve sent an email to the doctor on my embassy’s list asking what was needed for the exam. They sent me a list of vaccines that I needed to prove I’ve taken. Unfortunately I lost a couple of recipes over the years, so even though I have taken the shots, I had to do it all over again. Oh well... arm is in pain now but my list of vaccines is complete. 

Next step for me is not related to the visa but to life ‘after visa’ hehe, get the diploma translated. 

Yes I just found out that the list of Vaccinations are :

Adecel Quadra (Tetanus, Polio)

Priorix

Engerix or Hepatitis B

Menactra

Hepatitis A

Influenza

Varicella

Rotavirus

Haemophilus Influenza Type B

Pneumovax 23

Tetanus

Jeez I really hope my baby medical chart when I was a child will have some of them on it. I hope not that I have to take all of them again.

But anything for love hey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
6 hours ago, Naes said:

If your case status changes with an online update that case status will most likely change to "document was mailed" because they will mail you a document explaining that action. And yes it will change in a somewhat orderly fashion (I say somewhat because I don't have data on cases that didn't happen.

however I have a case on my tracker that had an address change (from September) and tre case history (which shows if you have uscis account) shows this but it still says "case received"

Hopefully they will send it to your new address.... but then it's uscis....they're good at messing things up... so fingers crossed? 🤞

My fiance hired a INS Lawyer that do all our documents for us. But I am also concerned about our Case Status still showing red errors. Maybe I'm a bit impatient and have to let the process be. Everything will be fine I suppose. I am in SA and he is in Florida. All our notifications goes to his home address in Florida. Still waiting for the next document to arrive. I want to be prepared for the Medical so I got a list of Vaccinations I have to do if I can't proof any of those. But heck the Examinations aren't cheap at all. And then there's the Police clearance that stress me out coz in SA the system is very slow so it takes about 6-8 weeks. But Lawyer told us to chill till the next part after the NOA2.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Naes said:

hey naes!!!

thanks soo much for replying to me. i super super super appreciate it. so far, when i keep checking the ucis check my status page... it hasn't changed yet. still "my case was received" but thanks for the heads up so i'll be checking if it indedd became "document was mailed". i do hope they send a snail mail for it... so it semi tests out if the mail goes to my fiance's us navy base. so that later on during noa 2 time we are assured it will go to the right address. cause if it goes to his parents' home man, would we not find out until september. hahaha. and yes i know you mean about uscis can be messing things up. with them you just never know! hahaha!

thanks for sharing that september case story. i'll check my fiance if he can see that in case history. i tried making an account once, and for some weird reason it wouldn't accept the password i placed or it says invalid account despite getting a confirmation of my account that same day. so weird. hahaha. so after that i just stopped. i'll pursue that more when the case comes closer to noa2. but at least my fiance says he gets to check. he mentioned something about the uscis account being only for 30 days? is that right? or he misread things?

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Katrina Roa said:

hey naes!!!

thanks soo much for replying to me. i super super super appreciate it. so far, when i keep checking the ucis check my status page... it hasn't changed yet. still "my case was received" but thanks for the heads up so i'll be checking if it indedd became "document was mailed". i do hope they send a snail mail for it... so it semi tests out if the mail goes to my fiance's us navy base. so that later on during noa 2 time we are assured it will go to the right address. cause if it goes to his parents' home man, would we not find out until september. hahaha. and yes i know you mean about uscis can be messing things up. with them you just never know! hahaha!

thanks for sharing that september case story. i'll check my fiance if he can see that in case history. i tried making an account once, and for some weird reason it wouldn't accept the password i placed or it says invalid account despite getting a confirmation of my account that same day. so weird. hahaha. so after that i just stopped. i'll pursue that more when the case comes closer to noa2. but at least my fiance says he gets to check. he mentioned something about the uscis account being only for 30 days? is that right? or he misread things?

Anytime :)

Hmm never heard of the account being only 30 days. But it may be.

you can also create an account as the applicant (I made one) Or try making one more. (Mine used to give error too)

for navy base I think it would add at least 2 more weeks (at least that was how long my fiancés used to take.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Anytime :)

Hmm never heard of the account being only 30 days. But it may be.

you can also create an account as the applicant (I made one) Or try making one more. (Mine used to give error too)

for navy base I think it would add at least 2 more weeks (at least that was how long my fiancés used to take.

i do super appreciate it. and i always look/lurk at different month filer forums to get updated on the numbers of how many touched cases were done a day. so all your posts are definitely helpful. and you answering my questions and others are so so helpful.

ya it's what i did i tried making an account and got an error. it's good to know that that also happened to you and that second time around it eventually worked.

and about navy bases, ya seems like a longer wait than usual. well, on his old navy address in his other pcs it took 2-3 months before he got my letters/package. it could be cause he had an fpo address. so i'm lucky my fiance's stationed on a us naval base in el centro california now. which is making our wait for extra months pay off a bit i guess.

oh i have a question.. off topic but i have a friend who is at my home now and he has a coworker that got married to a filipina last nov 2017 and his wife is on a spouse visa and his wife is already flying with him to america end of this month. i heard process for that was like 1-2 years. so i'm shocked it hasn't been even like 6 months wait. he mentioned this because he was asking why my case is taking so much longer and when i'm flying off to america.

K1 Visa:

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Katrina Roa said:

i do super appreciate it. and i always look/lurk at different month filer forums to get updated on the numbers of how many touched cases were done a day. so all your posts are definitely helpful. and you answering my questions and others are so so helpful.

ya it's what i did i tried making an account and got an error. it's good to know that that also happened to you and that second time around it eventually worked.

and about navy bases, ya seems like a longer wait than usual. well, on his old navy address in his other pcs it took 2-3 months before he got my letters/package. it could be cause he had an fpo address. so i'm lucky my fiance's stationed on a us naval base in el centro california now. which is making our wait for extra months pay off a bit i guess.

oh i have a question.. off topic but i have a friend who is at my home now and he has a coworker that got married to a filipina last nov 2017 and his wife is on a spouse visa and his wife is already flying with him to america end of this month. i heard process for that was like 1-2 years. so i'm shocked it hasn't been even like 6 months wait. he mentioned this because he was asking why my case is taking so much longer and when i'm flying off to america.

Are you sure they didn't do dcf?

because even after noa2, the NVC stage only takes about 3-4 months for a spouse visa.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

Are you sure they didn't do dcf?

because even after noa2, the NVC stage only takes about 3-4 months for a spouse visa.

what is dcf? sorry not sure about that. i know nvc is taking forever for everyone including us k1 filers so i did wonder what that's all about. and thought it might be interesting for some people here in the forums.

K1 Visa:

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.