Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, kyon said:

Question:

Will my beneficiary receive an approval notice in the mail? Or should he just anticipate the NOA2 notice with the instructions for the steps to apply for K1?

Petitioner gets the approval notice. The notice only tells you that ur case is heading to NVC

For your next steps after approval: https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to those approved. I saw someone from the 8th got approved. I am also Nov 8th. I think If I don't see anything today, I will try to have the local senator or congressman to help in this matter as well. It's been over 200 days now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Our NOA1 for the old website was November 13th

For new website it was November 15th

We managed to keep it under 200 days, 198 days lmao. Cutting it close

Edited by hannahr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, hannahr said:

Our NOA1 for the old website was November 13th

For new website it was November 15th

We have the same dates, but no approval yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

We have the same dates, but no approval yet

I'm sure it is right around the corner! I just happened to check the app on my phone today, cause I rarely check it because I got tired of it just sayin received. Maybe take a break from checking the status if you're anything like me :lol: and it'll get approved :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, hannahr said:

I'm sure it is right around the corner! I just happened to check the app on my phone today, cause I rarely check it because I got tired of it just sayin received. Maybe take a break from checking the status if you're anything like me :lol: and it'll get approved :wub:

Haha. Ok. Good plan 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ann and Meet said:

Congratulations to those approved. I saw someone from the 8th got approved. I am also Nov 8th. I think If I don't see anything today, I will try to have the local senator or congressman to help in this matter as well. It's been over 200 days now. 

We are with you. We are on day 200 today. We are cutting it very close to having a dream wedding date of September 8th, 2018. Praying you get approved very soon! I am wondering if walking into the congressman office in person would help.

Edited by BluesDancer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

I just contacted my local congressman and they told me due to him living in Germany but his birth country being Ghana is the reason it is taking so long! Does anyone know the validity to this? They will call the USCIS tomorrow to get an update for me! Our NOA1 is nov 9. 

Strange! My fiancé is Albanian, but is a permanent resident in Greece.

Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t imagine it would affect the wait too drastically, as this part of the petition is primarily checking the petition for thoroughness, legitimacy and errors, and running backgrounds on the petitioner, correct? Fuller background checks and such are done for the beneficiary at the interview stage? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Emily & Elton said:

Strange! My fiancé is Albanian, but is a permanent resident in Greece.

Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t imagine it would affect the wait too drastically, as this part of the petition is primarily checking the petition for thoroughness, legitimacy and errors, and running backgrounds on the petitioner, correct? Fuller background checks and such are done for the beneficiary at the interview stage? 

That’s what i thought also! I’m hoping to hear something soon though! When i told her they estimate around 5-7 months for an approval she said “yea that is not realistic and they need to change it”. Kinda made me even more anxious waiting for this approval 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

That’s what i thought also! I’m hoping to hear something soon though! When i told her they estimate around 5-7 months for an approval she said “yea that is not realistic and they need to change it”. Kinda made me even more anxious waiting for this approval 😕

When I began researching this process, most places estimated 4-5 months processing time. It’s absurd that we are all pushing 7 months and some even longer. 

I emailed that to my congresswoman. If anything, even just to raise awareness of how long this is taking and how unnecessary it is! It used to take them less time to get through these, so they are capable of it. I know it’s backlog, but even so, the number of applications cannot have doubled in 1-2 years. 

Congratulations to those newly notified that their case was APPROVED!!!!!

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Has anyone that received an RFE status update on 22 May received their RFE letter yet? I expected it today (here in FL), but it was not there. Just checking to see if others have received anything yet. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, xJohnMx said:

Has anyone that received an RFE status update on 22 May received their RFE letter yet? I expected it today (here in FL), but it was not there. Just checking to see if others have received anything yet. Thank you!

It normally takes 4 days or so, but it's coming from California to Florida might take an extra day or two.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.