2,950 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cocoza said:

Awesome!, Congratulations. . Yeah, this whole process is taking forever. Crazy!

Thank you for the advice. DMV San Pedro helped me a lot to get this DL. 🙏🏽

We are getting close to the interview. I am exhausted, but let’s stay focused and praying for LA office wake up. 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, TMDM said:

So in my case I have my expired greencard, 18 month extension letter and the stamp in my passport. Do I need to bring all three of those? Or just the expired greencard and the 18 month extension? Thanks.

Yep, bring all of it.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

My I-751 approved on Nov 1st. N400 approved on Nov 1st as well. I-751 Status changed to "New card being produced" on Nov 5th. N400 status is in "Quality Review" from Nov 1st. As of now I didn't get my Green card and no notification for Oath Ceremony. My field office is Chicago. Anyone have any suggestion what to do in this case? I called to USCIS and got the standard answers like wait for few more weeks.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, Husbandandwife said:

Thank you for the advice. DMV San Pedro helped me a lot to get this DL. 🙏🏽

We are getting close to the interview. I am exhausted, but let’s stay focused and praying for LA office wake up. 😁

On 12/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, Cocoza said:

Awesome!, Congratulations. . Yeah, this whole process is taking forever. Crazy!

Finally...Interview Scheduled in Los Angeles. 🙏🏽🎉👏🏼

My timeline: 

N400 applied     04/17/2018 

interview notice 12/04/2018 

interview date    01/09/2019 

pending I-751 CSC

I-751 NOA 04/22/2017

Time to study for the tests. 📚

24 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

My timeline: 

pending I-751 CSC

I-751 NOA 04/22/2017

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!.

That tells me I have about one more month to go. I applied 05/14.

5 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!.

That tells me I have about one more month to go. I applied 05/14.

Thank you!!!! :)

Yeah, hopefully you get the notice before one month. 

I will keep you posted. 

Thanks. 

I am absolutely disgusted with the whole process. I am honestly almost ready to sue USCIS. I filed I 751 in January 2017 (over 22 months now!). I applied for citizenship on January 2018, and got interviewed on August 27th. I was approved. Since then, I haven't received either the letter to attend oath ceremony or an approval on my I 751. I called USCIS 5 times, the last time they put an urgent request to solve the issue (I have to call back on Dec 12). I went for 3 info pass appointments to renew I 551. The last time was on November 1st. They din't want to renew I 551 (my third one) because it was too early (was set to expire on January 22, 2019). I told the officer in the front desk I was going to be out the country, he still refused. I called a supervisor, a woman which was very rude and clearly showed little to no knowledge about basic immigration rules. She demanded from me a "purchased ticket" to renew I 551, I was so mad already I fired back, told her I don't need such a thing, because that stamp is also a permit to work, and that always should be up-to-date. I mentioned that I wanted to get in touch with the officer who interviewed me, she laugh, said that how could I do that if I don't know his/her name. I showed her the form N 652, where clearly states IO last name and also one of the options allow you to get in touch with him/her. She looked absolutely socked and angrier. She let me waiting for 45 minutes, only to comeback and said that she couldn't access my file neither see me in the system. Then she asked for my passport and with a really bad attitude renewed it for 6 more months. That was over a month ago, and still haven't heard anything. I already called my congressman and send all my info, I sent email to the Ombudsman. I don't know what else to do, other than sue them. I really didn't want this because represents time and money, but I will have to. If somebody knows what else can I do, legally, please let me know. 

Congrats to everybody who's been done with this nightmare. 

Edited by Charly2

Hi everyone, I have never commented but I read all of your comments and I really appreciate your experiences and advice, I want to post all my dates and experience in this looooonnnnggg process, We are a Gay Married couple living in Miami, I'm from Venezuela and my husband Argentina / American Citizen, CSC fillers. Ok here are my dates:

I-751:

-Send Forms: April 15 2017

-Case was received: May 4, 2017

-Case was received at my local office: February 25, 2018. And changed to February 26, 2017.

-Not a word since then.

Went to receive my 551 Stamp on July 2018.

N-400:

-Send forms online: June 20, 2018

-We received your application: June 22, 2018

-We scheduled your biometrics: June 22, 2018

-Went to biometric appointment: July 9, 2018

-We scheduled your interview: October 22, 2018

-Interview date: December 6, 2018 (today, Approved both I-751 and Pass N-400 Test)

-Oath ceremony: December 15, 2018

For the interview part:

My husband and I prepared a lot of new evidence to support our marriage and we hope for a combo interview, we went 30 min before, we wait to be call, the officer was super polite and nice and I explained that we have a pending removal of conditions and that my husband was there just in case he needs to interview us, he said that he can wait outside. I entered the office and he said that bringing him was nice and lets see if we need him. He maid me swear and then he start with the form question (all the personal question, address, phone number, etc etc etc). Then he ask me to read a sentence in a tablet (Abraham Lincoln was a general during the civil war) and then he ask me to write in the tablet (Lincoln was a general during the civil war). Then he ask me 4 question (Longest river, date of independence adopted, name of the speaker of the house and name of the president now) and he said ok congratulations you pass your test, let me close your 751 case and we are done so they can give you your letter for the oath ceremony outside. At the end he did'n check our evidence, not interview with my husband and he was really nice. Now to prepare for my oath ceremony. We are really happy and we are really grateful with all your comments. I wish  you all the best and hopefully everyone will be citizen in no time. 

PD: No update in the status on the USCIS page or any place jet but I already have my letter with date and time of ceremony.

18 hours ago, Husbandandwife said:

My timeline: 

pending I-751 CSC

I-751 NOA 04/22/2017

Congrats!  Good luck with your interview.

It's been a while since I've been on here. Does anyone know what all happens during a combo ROC/N400 interview?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A quick question pls ... Did anyone gets a notification at any point in time that his/her pending i-751 was transferred to a new/local office where the N400 will be treated before the approval or notice of interview?

I have my i-751 pending and the ones ahead and below my numbers were already approved so I want to believe mine is probably being delayed because I already filed for N400. I just want to know if I will be getting a notification that my case has been transferred from CSC to Dallas local office where I filed my N400 to?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife never received a notice of case transfer after she filed her N400 and I don't think it's common to receive such a notice based on posts to this thread and other N400 tracking threads.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Hello!

I have I-751 pending in Los Angeles, since December 2017. 

I am eligible to apply for N400 from  November 9th 2018. I have not done it yet. 

I will change the address and the state (so my I-751 is in Los Angeles, but my N400 might be New York City or Detroit), and my question is: Has anyone had similar experience with changing address prior to applying for N400? because the requirement is to reside at certain address at least 3 months before applying for N400. 

How to prove this 3 months residence, and can I use friend's address for this or something else? It could take awhile till I rent the apartment, and I will waste the time for applying, when I can be maybe approved for N400 at the same time as I-751.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.