2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had combo interview on Nov 14th in New Orleans. Originally was scheduled for Sept 5th, but had to reschedule due to some job/moving changes that occurred right during then. That went pretty seamlessly and only set us back a couple of months. Started off with the N-400 interview with just my wife. She doesn’t remember all the questions she got but she got all 6 right. Called me in at the end mainly just to give me credit for showing up and the interviewing officer wanted to see our 2 year old daughter. So that portion of the interview basically just consisted of my daughter handing the officer toys and stickers while she tried to talk to me. She complimented us on the thoroughness of our file and said she didn’t need to see any of the new evidence that I had brought. Since we did move while the application was in progress she transferred the file to our new office to schedule the oath ceremony. That will probably cost us a couple of months I assume but we’ll see. At least we won’t have to travel 6 hours to New Orleans again. Glad to be (almost) done!

Filed I-751 in September, 2018 and N-400 in October, 2019.

So, both were pending till Saturday.

GOT 10 YEAR GREEN CARD on Saturday, 11/16/2019!!!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Card was mailed from Lees Summit, MO.

NO RFE. NO INTERVIEW. Never transferred.

Got no message that card was being produced, sent... nothing.

my.USCIS not yet reflecting the card being produced or sent.

I-751 Packet Sent: Sep 26, 2018
I-751 Packet Received: Oct 1, 2018

I-751 Biometrics: June 5th, 2019

10 Year Green Card Approved: 11/14/2019

10 Year Green Card Received: 11/16/2019

Length of Time: 408 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 1 year, 1 month, 12 days including the end date.

Or 13 month, 12 days including the end date.

N-400 App Filed Online: Oct 11, 2019

Thanks Visa Journey Community!!!

Could not have done Tourist B2, Immigrant CR-1, ROC I-751, or N-400 without you guys!

Only Citizenship Test and Oath to go!

Can't wait.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

I had my combo interview on 11/20. The interview went smooth, not too many questions asked and my officer was a very cool guy. Although my husband came with me he wasn't needed in any portions of the interview. The fact that the officer asked me whether it was my husband sitting with me when we were in the waiting room proves that he actually looked at my file prior to this. We started off with the I-751 file  I'd never realized my file was huge until I saw it on the officer's desk - I was just like wow).  Basically it was just the verification of my information and hubby's (name, DOB, work). He asked about our current address, which I told him and offered him the lease - he said no need however changed his mind 30 seconds later,  and whether we have and plan to have kids and that's about it. It took about 10 minutes and I was approved on the spot. The N-400 was easy. After I passed the test he just read to me a series of yes/no questions on the application. All it took was around 10 minutes. The rest of the time was just him typing info into his computer, and the interview was 45-50 minutes in total. In the end I was told I was scheduled for the oath ceremony next month and my notice should come in a week. At this point I breathed a sigh of relief that I was officially done with all this paperwork nightmare forever woot woot. So word of advice: come well prepared. You need to know your applications like the palm of your hand and make sure you bring all the documents needed and you should be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who became a citizen! I just noticed that my naturalization interview was scheduled for December, right after Christmas. My field office is Washington DC. It moved pretty quickly; however, my i751 is still pending and it's been 17 months since NOA1 receipt (Vermont Center). 😫I'm planning on calling the Contact center to get information about where my i751 case is standing (no action was taken since biometrics were reviewed in June 2018). Hopefully I can get the combo interview next month and then be done with immigration! I'll let you know if I'll in fact have combo interview or not.

One question, does anyone know how is with parking at 2675 Prosperity Ave in Fairfax?

Good luck everyone!

“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
– Maya Angelou

8 minutes ago, smj59 said:

Congratulations to everyone who became a citizen! I just noticed that my naturalization interview was scheduled for December, right after Christmas. My field office is Washington DC. It moved pretty quickly; however, my i751 is still pending and it's been 17 months since NOA1 receipt (Vermont Center). 😫I'm planning on calling the Contact center to get information about where my i751 case is standing (no action was taken since biometrics were reviewed in June 2018). Hopefully I can get the combo interview next month and then be done with immigration! I'll let you know if I'll in fact have combo interview or not.

One question, does anyone know how is with parking at 2675 Prosperity Ave in Fairfax?

Good luck everyone!

Just a heads up. Take whatever info USCIS tells you regarding your I-751 with grain of salt because I was told twice my case was NOT at my local office and that I will not likely have combo interview and sure enough when I went in for my interview my officer had my entire file in front of him. So regardless of what they tell you be prepared for a combo and have your spouse + evidence with you. My husband was not called in and the officer did not want to see anything. He said our case is a very simple for him and he approved me after taking some notes. Good luck 

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown quite large, so it's now closed.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/725477-n-400-and-i-751-combo-pending-part-2/

I look forward to celebrating announcements of progress along with you in the Part 2 thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.