2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

All the best bro...Don't forget to keep us posted.  

no problem, i will keep y'all posted

5 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

All the best bro...Don't forget to keep us posted.  

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Mountain Climber said:

Congrats!  Good luck with your interview.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
On 11/26/2018 at 12:12 AM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Create an Account here if you have not already done so. 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Once you have created an account you can go ahead and start your N-400 application. 

My answer to what documents you need. Well, provide everything they ask for on the online application. 

As for additional evidence.. my simple answer is.. provide enough evidence of the marriage so they know what you ate for breakfast for each and every day of your marriage. 

Literally anything and everything you can find that has both your names on it and can clearly show there is a relationship.

Everything im listing here can be joint.

bank statement, credit card statements, insurance policies, 401ks IRA's. health insurance dental vision, home owners, renters insurance car insurance.... the list is almost infinite. provide anything and everything you can and you should be all squared away.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @NeedMoreCoffee Just finished my N-400 online and I now belong to this 'pending' thread

:)

Edited by David1987

On 11/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, raysun89 said:

So I was on the same boat...

I applied for I-751 back in 09/2016 when we lived in Illinois. We moved to Phoenix, AZ in 01/2017. The case was pending FOREVER. I had to go to the USCIS Field Office in Phoenix twice (11/2017 & 05/2018) for stamps since they would only give me a stamp for 6-month the first time we visited. 

In 12/2017, I filed N-400. I had my interview on 09/11/2018 and passed the test. I took the oath on 09/28/2018. I have already got my naturalization certificate and passport...

My I-751 status online still shows pending as of today. It says that they transferred the case to another office that now has my jurisdiction... At my N-400 interview, the officer said that she would go ahead and approve it. How could they approve my N-400 while my I-751 is still pending? Should I contact USCIS asking for the I-751 status update while I am already a naturalized citizen?

Update:

As strange as it sounds, my I-751 was finally approved on 11/23/2018, which was about 2 months after I took the oath to become a US citizen. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 22.14.28.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 22.15.40.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, raysun89 said:

Update:

As strange as it sounds, my I-751 was finally approved on 11/23/2018, which was about 2 months after I took the oath to become a US citizen.

My wife's i-751 was approved one week after her oath. This seems to be common. I believe they're just late in updating the paperwork as they notify the applicant of an approval which occurred long before.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

3 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

My wife's i-751 was approved one week after her oath. This seems to be common. I believe they're just late in updating the paperwork as they notify the applicant of an approval which occurred long before.

So you guys went to the oath without the 10 years green card ? On the notice it says to bring it back 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Mar16 said:

So you guys went to the oath without the 10 years green card ? On the notice it says to bring it back 

My wife was never issued a 10 yr green card. She surrendered her expired conditional green card along with the 18 month extension letter, at the ceremony. Generally if you have a combo interview they're probably not going to issue you a 10 yr green card unless there is some lengthy delay btwn interview and oath ceremony.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Just now, Russ&Caro said:

My wife was never issued a 10 yr green card. She surrendered her expired conditional green card along with the 18 month extension letter, at the ceremony. Generally if you have a combo interview they're probably not going to issue you a 10 yr green card unless there is some lengthy delay btwn interview and oath ceremony.

Oh ok got it ! I have 2 months between interview and ceremony ... ceremony on the 19th this month ! I will make sure to bring all that anyway :) thanks !

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mar16 said:

Oh ok got it ! I have 2 months between interview and ceremony ... ceremony on the 19th this month ! I will make sure to bring all that anyway :) thanks 

They're couple people who card have been taken when they went for the stamp in their passport so  for me I lost my car couple months back so when I went to my interview I just mention that to them so when I go to my oath they will know that I don't have a green card to present so it won't be a problem as long as you let them know at the interview they will waive it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

They're couple people who card have been taken when they went for the stamp in their passport so  for me I lost my car couple months back so when I went to my interview I just mention that to them so when I go to my oath they will know that I don't have a green card to present so it won't be a problem as long as you let them know at the interview they will waive it

My wife had her GC taken when she went for her I551 stamp.  When she went for her N400 interview, the IO had her sign an affidavit as to that fact and gave her a copy which she surrendered at her oath ceremony.  They also will take any EAD, AP, or combo cards at the ceremony.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

My wife had her GC taken when she went for her I551 stamp.  When she went for her N400 interview, the IO had her sign an affidavit as to that fact and gave her a copy which she surrendered at her oath ceremony.  They also will take any EAD, AP, or combo cards at the ceremony.

So in my case I have my expired greencard, 18 month extension letter and the stamp in my passport. Do I need to bring all three of those? Or just the expired greencard and the 18 month extension? Thanks.

46 minutes ago, TMDM said:

So in my case I have my expired greencard, 18 month extension letter and the stamp in my passport. Do I need to bring all three of those? Or just the expired greencard and the 18 month extension? Thanks.

Why don’t you bring everything just in case since you have it ... being more safe than sorry 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:48 PM, Cocoza said:

By Docs i mean your Social Security Card, and Proof of California residency like a bill or bank statement or insurance etc etc

I’ve attached it all. Just an update... I got my DL this week, it is good until 2023. Unfortunately they didn’t send me the Real ID :( I don’t know why they didn’t give me a Real ID as I requested. But in this point I am glad I got at least the DL. Hopefully soon they schedule my interview then I will have the US passport. :) 

10 hours ago, Husbandandwife said:

I’ve attached it all. Just an update... I got my DL this week, it is good until 2023. Unfortunately they didn’t send me the Real ID :( I don’t know why they didn’t give me a Real ID as I requested. But in this point I am glad I got at least the DL. Hopefully soon they schedule my interview then I will have the US passport. :) 

Awesome!, Congratulations. . Yeah, this whole process is taking forever. Crazy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.