Carolina Dalton

K1 FIANCE VISA HOW WE MEET HELP ME TO REVIEW MY ATTACHMENT

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@KULtoATL I am seriously considering on using it as a prop in the wedding...

@Carolina Dalton if you have the shorter last version I can check it. I'm not native in English but I worked as an English teacher. 

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Carolina Dalton if you have the shorter last version I can check it. I'm not native in English but I worked as an English teacher. 

That's a great prop!!! You should :idea:

@Carolina Dalton you can easily write it the following way:

First in-person meeting was from (date) to (date). We met and spent time in (city, country) for (number of days or weeks).

Second in-person meeting was....

Third in-person meeting was....

It doesn't have to be poetic and they won't judge you for being plain ;)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Naes said:

ATTACHMENT 

I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Questions 54 Explanation of Meeting in person

HOW I MEET SALOMON A. C. O.

We were Facebook friends, we both are from the same city and country, on July 28 of 2016  I fly to  Cali, Colombia for vacations and visit my family, I stay at my grandparent's house, and I told him that I was in Colombia and He asks me to go out. 

IN PERSON MEETING   We Meet  on August 15 of 2016

On a Facebook Message He asks me if we can go out I told him YES, we went to a mall We meet for the first time, He gave me a kiss on the cheek and we start talking  about music and tattoos and then we eat some food, we were having a good time.

Next day I told him that I thought He was really cute on a Facebook message, that day went to my favorite restaurant called Crepes and Waffles, and after eating he takes me to my grandparent's house and gave me a kiss.

He used to work very close to my grandparents house, so we start going out and then developed a relationship, He visits me after work almost every day, because he used to work very close to my grandparent’s house in Cali, Colombia, He meet my family, and everyone like him cause he is very nice and funny, so he was more than welcome to my house.

I have to go back to the USA because I was a Green Card holder so I can’t stay outside the USA for more than 4 months, so  he takes me to the airport and we start crying, I didn’t know what to do but I have to leave, in the USA he calls me every day and I was very sad,  at that time I was doing my citizenship so I thought that maybe I can go to Colombia and Stay a little longer when I got my US Citizenship so I buy an airplane ticket and went to Cali - Colombia again.

I fly to Cali - Colombia on December 24 of 2016  To Visit Salomon (Fiancé) 

We keep  talking on the phone while I was in the USA, and I told him that I want to be with  him, so I buy an airplane ticket to Colombia and I fly on December 24 of 2016, He was waiting for me at the airport, I was very happy to see him again, I hugged  him and gave him a lot of kisses.

We decide to find an apartment and live together, we found one and his parents help us to co-sign for the apartment,  I live with him for 8 months and we spent all of this months together, we went to the mall, zoo, river, visit our family, going to restaurants; In order to prepare for our future and be together, I told him that I will have to go back to the USA.

Carolina C. C.   

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove full names.

Timeline

this was my first one  

I fly to Colombia on July27 for Vacations and Visiting Family

We Meet on August 15 of 2016

We were Facebook friends, So I told Salomon (Fiancé) That I was in Cali, Colombia for

Vacations and visiting my family, He ask me if we can meet and I told him YES,

We when to the mall that was close to my grandparents house (I was staying with them) , and we meet for the first time, we talk, He buy something to drink and eat .

After that date, I told him that he was cute on a Facebook message, he told me That I was pretty,, he visit me the next day and we went to a restaurant and he give me a kiss.

He used to work very close to my grandparents house, so we start going out and then developed a relationship, He will visit me after work every day because he used to work very close to my grandparent’s house in Cali, Colombia , He met my family, we start dating, and we fall in love , I leave Colombia and when back to US and I told him that I will try to go back to Colombia to visit him.

I fly to Cali - Colombia on December 24 of 2016

We keep talking on the phone while I was in Us, and I told him that I missed him too much, so I buy an airplane ticket to Colombia and I fly on December 24 of 2016, He was waiting for me in the airport and I stay at my grandparents house again, after 2 months I told him that I don’t want to be apart from him so We decided to find an apartment and live together, we sign a lease for an apartment his parents help us to co-sign for the apartment we ended up living together for 7 or 8 Months, then I told him that I would have to leave Colombia and go back to US, and then we start thinking about k1 finance visa so we can be together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not saying this is you. But someone like a CO is trained to look for specific things. Giving out alot of unnecessary information in relation to the question can give off a red flag of someone lying. 

E.g: Do you love each other? Answer should just be "yes we love each other."  It answers the question being asked. If you start saying a whole bunch more is because of 2 reasons. 1. You are not confident the answer of just saying yes you are in love, hence why you have to try and pad your answers. 2. The person is lying and trying to make it sound good.

like all the other people suggest in your other post, just keep it simple. You are just trying way too hard. An old professor once told me a quote that will stick with me forever. No matter what you do, just KISS (keep it simple, stupid)

Edited by K&N2609

Timeline

I went to Colombia on July27 2016 for vacation and to visit my relatives.

We were already friends on Facebook, So I told Salomon (Fiancé) That I was in Cali, Colombia for Vacation and he asked me if we can meet and I told him yes.

On August 15 of 2016, We met at the mall that was close to my grandparents house (I was staying with them) for our first date. He bought us something to eat and we talked with each other. 

After that date, I told him that "he was cute" on a Facebook message, he told me "That I was pretty,, and he visited me the next day for another date. We went to a restaurant and he gave me a kiss.

He used to work very close to my grandparents house, so we start going out and then developed a relationship, He would visit me after work every day because he used to work very close to my grandparent’s house in Cali, Colombia. He met my family as we started dating, and we fell in love during this time. 

I left Colombia and went back to US and I told him that I will try to go back to Colombia to visit him.

-I flew to Cali - Colombia on December 24 of 2016-

We keep talking on the phone while I was in US, and I told him that I missed him too much, so I bought an airplane ticket to Colombia and I flew on December 24 of 2016, He was waiting for me in the airport and I stayed at my grandparents house again. After 2 months,I told him that I don’t want to be apart from him so we decided to find an apartment and live together. we ended up living together for 7 or 8 Months, then I told him that I would have to leave Colombia and go back to US, and then we start thinking about getting married so we can be together.

----

so I didn't want to change how you wrote it  too much I think this is more than enough and sweet and definitely have your awesome fierce personality in it. I changed  some words you used to make it clear.

Edited by Naes
Corrections

Timeline
15 minutes ago, K&N2609 said:

Not saying this is you. But someone like a CO is trained to look for specific things. Giving out alot of unnecessary information in relation to the question can give off a red flag of someone lying. 

E.g: Do you love each other? Answer should just be "yes we love each other."  It answers the question being asked. If you start saying a whole bunch more is because of 2 reasons. 1. You are not confident the answer of just saying yes you are in love, hence why you have to try and pad your answers. 2. The person is lying and trying to make it sound good.

like all the other people suggest in your other post, just keep it simple. You are just trying way too hard. An old professor once told me a quote that will stick with me forever. No matter what you do, just KISS (keep it simple, stupid)

Seriously this whole thing started to scare me 😳 

We are an extremely romantic couple (little sister rolling her eyes level) you know those irritating types can't wait to tell their story type? 

I started re-reading our paper and now I'm hoping someone with some understanding for couples who just tell their story will read our letter! 

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Really? I have seen people who attach like 5 or 10 pages lol, I did mine very short but I thought it was too short. so I write a little more.

This is your story, write what you want to! I think it is fine personally. I dropped three pages on them and I have been approved by USCIS and NVC, now just waiting on interview. I don't think the "How we met" is really that important to them, but more have you met in person, but I don't really know. Sometimes I think these stories are just a sort of entertainment for them because we all know there are some out there with the WOW effect :jest: Ok, Ok I'm kidding. Good luck to you both! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

Honestly, Item 54 can be succinctly answered with just a couple of lines. There's no need for a novel. Your evidence will do the talking.

Keep it to the point by stating when and where you met in person and how many days you spent together. That's more than enough.

This. Ours was a few sentences. We met through a friend, continued to talk on the phone, visited each other on these dates, got engaged on this date. Short and sweet. 

K-1 Visa

04-06-2017  I-129F Sent to Dallas Lockbox

04-15-2017  NOA 1 Received by mail (Sent to California Service Center)

08-17-2017  NOA 2 Received by mail (124 LONG Days from NOA 1. Status NEVER changed on USCIS site)

09-01-7017  NVC Received, Case Number Assigned (Petitioner notified by email)

09-04-2017  Sydney Embassy Received Case

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Received (Petitioner Received email)

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Sent To Embassy

09-04-2017  Packet 4 Sent (Beneficiary Received email)

09-25-2017  Interview Date (APPROVED!!!!)

09-27-2017  VISA IN HAND!!!

12-18-2017  POE In Dallas

01-03-2018 Applied For Social Security Card

01-09-2018 Social Security Card In Hand

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

01-13-2018 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

01-18-2018 RFE For Sending In Wrong Form (We Didn't. Called USCIS, their mistake. Resent Packet)

01-30-2018 NOA 1 Sent In New Medical Immediately Upon Receipt of NOA

03-09-2019 Green Card Received

07-11-2018 EAD/AP Approved

07-17-2018 Received EAD/AP Card

11-19-2018 Received Interview Date By Mail

12-20-2018 AOS Interview in Nashville. Need a new medical so, waiting for that.

Recieved RFE Because We Needed a New Medical. Not sure of exact date. But it was received a few months later.

03/05/2019 NOA Stating That Green Card Approved

03/05/2019 Green Card in Hand

6 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

ATTACHMENT 

HOW I MEET SALOMON A. C. O.

We were Facebook friends, we both are from the same city and country, on July 28 of 2016  I fly to  Cali, Colombia for vacations and visit my family, I stay at my grandparent's house, and I told him that I was in Colombia and He asks me to go out. 

IN PERSON MEETING   We Meet  on August 15 of 2016

On a Facebook Message He asks me if we can go out I told him YES, we went to a mall We meet for the first time, He gave me a kiss on the cheek and we start talking  about music and tattoos and then we eat some food, we were having a good time.

Next day I told him that I thought He was really cute on a Facebook message, that day went to my favorite restaurant called Crepes and Waffles, and after eating he takes me to my grandparent's house and gave me a kiss.

He used to work very close to my grandparents house, so we start going out and then developed a relationship, He visits me after work almost every day, because he used to work very close to my grandparent’s house in Cali, Colombia, He meet my family, and everyone like him cause he is very nice and funny, so he was more than welcome to my house.

I have to go back to the USA because I was a Green Card holder so I can’t stay outside the USA for more than 4 months, so  he takes me to the airport and we start crying, I didn’t know what to do but I have to leave, in the USA he calls me every day and I was very sad,  at that time I was doing my citizenship so I thought that maybe I can go to Colombia and Stay a little longer when I got my US Citizenship so I buy an airplane ticket and went to Cali - Colombia again.

I fly to Cali - Colombia on December 24 of 2016  To Visit Salomon (Fiancé) 

We keep  talking on the phone while I was in the USA, and I told him that I want to be with  him, so I buy an airplane ticket to Colombia and I fly on December 24 of 2016, He was waiting for me at the airport, I was very happy to see him again, I hugged  him and gave him a lot of kisses.

We decide to find an apartment and live together, we found one and his parents help us to co-sign for the apartment,  I live with him for 8 months and we spent all of this months together, we went to the mall, zoo, river, visit our family, going to restaurants; In order to prepare for our future and be together, I told him that I will have to go back to the USA.

Carolina C. C.   

Our first in-person meeting was on August 15, 2016. We met in Colombia while I was visiting my family and friends. During my visit, we spent X days together.

Subsequently, we met and spent time in person again over the Christmas holidays when I flew to Colombia on December 24, 2016. This time, we spent X days celebrating Christmas with our family and friends.

^^^ That my friend is the definition of straightforward response to a straightforward question. That's not even half a page.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove full names in quote.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think you went overboard with the details and everything. It looks too detailed and it might look fake to them. Ours was so simple and to the point. Maybe half page with how we met (online), the date and the dates of our trips.  Nothing poetic or too pink for them. Simple and to the Point. Don't mention that you were unemployed at that time. That is irrelevant.

This is not a poetry contest. They look for facts. It's hard to be simple with these things, I know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Really? I have seen people who attach like 5 or 10 pages lol, I did mine very short but I thought it was too short. so I write a little more.

We wrote 4 to 5 sentences on how we met and had no issues with approval. I think they are more interested in the hard proof of the meetings. Credit Card receipts, pictures, flights, etc. 

I wrote something like. We met when we were both living in Baltimore. He was here for work and we both went to the same gym. We started as friends and over 3 years started a relationship. He moved back to Australia and we have been back and forth visiting ever since. 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

I agree, I know you're trying to convey love (I mean of course it is,  you're in love) but they don't really care for the romantic details all that much.  As stated,  it can look like going a bit overboard to compensate for the story not being real. You guys have a real relationship so you should focus on the time you've been living together in Colombia which is solid proof in my opinion. Concentrate on the timeline of how you met and include plane tickets and any other thing you've bought, including receipts. Short and sweet is how they usually like it. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline

ATTACHMENT

We Meet on August 15, 2016 in Cali, Colombia

We were Facebook friends and our first in-person meeting was on August 15, 2016. We met in Colombia while I was visiting my family and friends. During my visit, we spent a lot of time together, going to the mall, river, restaurants, zoo.

Second in-Person Meeting December 24 ,2016

I visit him on Christmas holidays when I flew to Colombia on December 24, 2016. This time, we were celebrating Christmas with our family and friends.

We Live together for 8 months

We decided to live together and we sign a lease for an appartment in Cali, Colombia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, vcpdragon said:

This is your story, write what you want to! I think it is fine personally. I dropped three pages on them and I have been approved by USCIS and NVC, now just waiting on interview. I don't think the "How we met" is really that important to them, but more have you met in person, but I don't really know. Sometimes I think these stories are just a sort of entertainment for them because we all know there are some out there with the WOW effect :jest: Ok, Ok I'm kidding. Good luck to you both! 

I disagree completely. Yes, it's their story  (as lovely as it may be). We all have stories.....we have fallen in love, met our love...been caught up in the romance.....BUT.....

The more details you give....the more details they have. ....

So, after 6 months of waiting for the NOA2 and then 3 months more for the interview.....when the CO asks specifics about steak and shake or crape and cake....just how much detail is your love going to be able to give.....

Keep it simple..."we are from the same town, we've been talking online from ____to_____. We met in person_____. I have included my flight itinerary, passport stamps, tickets from _____, hotel receipts from _____" 

I included 6 pictures  (in a zip lock bag) in my application. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.