Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Renewal process started for the Work/Travel. At this point I hope I don't get my interview for another year lol.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

I had an interview today everything was fine and interviewer said it will approve but they need name check and background check one more time since I have changed my name at the court a few months ago. Is this happened to anyone? How long does it take for background checking from now on?

20 hours ago, cupidmommy said:

I had an interview today everything was fine and interviewer said it will approve but they need name check and background check one more time since I have changed my name at the court a few months ago. Is this happened to anyone? How long does it take for background checking from now on?

I was told they need to go through back ground check again (although I didn't changed my name), it was approved the next day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, moosy said:

Finally good news for this Atlanta filer: last Saturday (15 September) at 4pm (do they even work on Saturdays?!) I received a text that my AOS case had been updated, and it referred to the old site.

An hour after, I received an email about the same thing (but from the new site), notifying me that they had given me an interview date. The old site has been standing on "biometrics fee received" (the initial status) since October 2017, so it's good to see they updated both websites for us.

They received my file on 11 September 2017, so almost exactly one year later I finally had an update.

I have yet to receive the actual interview date letter of course.

And today, I received my notification of action on my renewal of parole, together with a letter which is my parole letter. I have a combo card with EAD, so I find this document pretty awkward. They let me know a week earlier that they had approved both my AP and EAD renewals which they received on 1 August 2018. (They would have expired end of November). I did not use those scanning pieces they gave me, because I forgot, so it might be good to know for those who didn't do that either, that a renewal is still faster than an original.

So happy about finally seeing that we're going to have an interview. Was losing hope. I am assuming it will be end of October or start of November, and will update my timeline once I know.

The wait will be worth it, fellow waiters!

Received the appointment letter yesterday 19 September, so it took 3 postal-work days to arrive. 

Appointment is on Tuesday 23rd of October.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, denvercoder said:

Did my AOS interview today in Denver, CO. AOS package was received on September 20th 2017, so pretty much exactly 1 year after, even with an RFIE last October. The officer was recently transferred from the Florida office and he said the backlog there was way worse.

Interview went super smooth, officer was very nice, I had an updated I-864, new tax forms, medical form, so he said he needed to look at those but everything looked good and should get the card in ~1 month.

Best of luck!

On 9/19/2018 at 12:26 PM, Eat_Pray_Love said:

I was told they need to go through back ground check again (although I didn't changed my name), it was approved the next day.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, moosy said:

Received the appointment letter yesterday 19 September, so it took 3 postal-work days to arrive. 

Appointment is on Tuesday 23rd of October.

Congratulations! Great to see that you are all faster than the lower range of the processing times published on the official site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi all!

We got our notice in the mail last Saturday (Sept 22nd 2018).  It was probably there since Friday, but not sure.  I have been on bed rest since last Thursday, so everything is a bit fuzzy with respect to time.  Our Interview Date is Oct 26th!!!!   

They said it was decided on Sept 18, but we didn't get the envelope until three days later (or 4, not sure).  

I submitted 9/17/17, so it's been basically 1 year exactly.

We sent paperwork to renew EAD/AP last month (Aug) and we received notice that they are working on it.  

The next thing we got was this envelope from US Homeland Security about the interview date.

So excited!

Forena

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

4 hours ago, forena99 said:

Hi all!

We got our notice in the mail last Saturday (Sept 22nd 2018).  It was probably there since Friday, but not sure.  I have been on bed rest since last Thursday, so everything is a bit fuzzy with respect to time.  Our Interview Date is Oct 26th!!!!   

They said it was decided on Sept 18, but we didn't get the envelope until three days later (or 4, not sure).  

I submitted 9/17/17, so it's been basically 1 year exactly.

We sent paperwork to renew EAD/AP last month (Aug) and we received notice that they are working on it.  

The next thing we got was this envelope from US Homeland Security about the interview date.

So excited!

Forena

Great to hear! I am waiting for Santa Ana office to issue me the interview notice.

Today I got the below. I have been getting this for half year, but the last action they took had been some time in March. So hopefully this is a new action :)

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on September 12, 2018.

Hi Everyone!

(Updates)

Had our interview 2 days ago (25th Sept) at Philadelphia field office! (Sept 12 2017 notice receipt)

The Immigration officer who interviewed us was a nice person. Asked the yes & no questions, date of birth, full name, country i was born. Where am I currently working, proof of address with our current address.  Asked if there were any instances that we lived apart.

Didn't ask for new i864 nor taxes. He only asked for proof of address, (gave him our electric bill, internet bill, joint bank statement, my paystubs) and recent pics. But better be ready just incase they ask for it.

At the end of the interview he said everything seems good and our relationship seems simple. he will review our case and let us know if he needs more documents. An hour after we left I received a notification from USCIS that my case was updated. Checked it and is says, "card being produced"

Thank you Lord!

Goodluck to everyone!

Sincerely,

Val

Edited by Valex

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife got her green card in the mail today!  Thanks to everyone who keeps their timeline updated and for the admins and contributors to this site.  VJ has been an invaluable resource for both ensuring we avoided pitfalls and errors and keeping us sane by providing accurate statistics on the process.  Thanks, everyone!

Filed: Other Timeline

We need some advice on what to do next.

Our I-485's (wife, 2 adopted stepchildren, one 11, one 19 at the time) were submitted and received on 27 Sept 2017.

Their Employment Authorizations were issued 27 Nov 2017 and expire on 27 Nov 2018.

Our current (27 Sept) status on the new USCIS link is (same for each I-485):

March 16, 2018
Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
As of March 16, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCnnnnnnnnn, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Current as of today at 1:54 p.m.

The interviews in fact were already held on 1 Aug -- 8 weeks & 1 day ago.

We thought it went well.  The interviewer gave my wife a sheet of paper with a box check to the effect that they cannot make a decision on that date, they will advise us when they make a decision.

8+ weeks later we're still waiting.

If the employment authorizations expire, they will lose their driving privileges in MN and probably their jobs.

The older boy (now 20) has a excellent part-time job with UPS that will reinburse up to $25K in college tuition (max $5K per year).  Continuing that job is especially important to him.

My wife attends adult education classes mornings and works (with overtime every week) as a caregiver in a nursing home in a nearby suburb.  She has taken over supporting 3 adult children in college in the Philippines (it's a lot cheaper there!  :) ) plus a daughter-in-law & two grandchildren there.

If 27 November arrives and we don't have either green cards or work authorization extensions, the financial impact will be severe.

I also can't buy tickets for the Christmas visit back to the Philippines until they have their green cards (and the prices go up as Christmas gets closer), but that's a lesser consideration at the moment.

What should we do?

Timeline
18 hours ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Great to hear! I am waiting for Santa Ana office to issue me the interview notice.

Today I got the below. I have been getting this for half year, but the last action they took had been some time in March. So hopefully this is a new action :)

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on September 12, 2018.

Hi @JoJoJoJo,

I am also at the Santa Ana Office.  When did you submit your petition for AOS?

Did you send a renewal for EAD too?

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike V said:

We need some advice on what to do next.

Our I-485's (wife, 2 adopted stepchildren, one 11, one 19 at the time) were submitted and received on 27 Sept 2017.

Their Employment Authorizations were issued 27 Nov 2017 and expire on 27 Nov 2018.

Our current (27 Sept) status on the new USCIS link is (same for each I-485):

March 16, 2018
Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
As of March 16, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCnnnnnnnnn, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Current as of today at 1:54 p.m.

The interviews in fact were already held on 1 Aug -- 8 weeks & 1 day ago.

We thought it went well.  The interviewer gave my wife a sheet of paper with a box check to the effect that they cannot make a decision on that date, they will advise us when they make a decision.

8+ weeks later we're still waiting.

If the employment authorizations expire, they will lose their driving privileges in MN and probably their jobs.

The older boy (now 20) has a excellent part-time job with UPS that will reinburse up to $25K in college tuition (max $5K per year).  Continuing that job is especially important to him.

My wife attends adult education classes mornings and works (with overtime every week) as a caregiver in a nursing home in a nearby suburb.  She has taken over supporting 3 adult children in college in the Philippines (it's a lot cheaper there! :) ) plus a daughter-in-law & two grandchildren there.

If 27 November arrives and we don't have either green cards or work authorization extensions, the financial impact will be severe.

I also can't buy tickets for the Christmas visit back to the Philippines until they have their green cards (and the prices go up as Christmas gets closer), but that's a lesser consideration at the moment.

What should we do?

@Mike V,

I'm sorry, I don't understand why you can't renew the EAD?  This is for the kids correct? or for the wife too?

What's the obstacle in renewing, or at least submitting the paperwork?  You should submit about 4 months before they expire.

And if you requested EAD at the same time you submitted the I-485 petition (with all those fees) you shouldn't have to pay again for a renewal, correct?

Thanks,

Forena

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

2 hours ago, forena99 said:

Hi @JoJoJoJo,

I am also at the Santa Ana Office.  When did you submit your petition for AOS?

Did you send a renewal for EAD too?

I submitted on Oct 4 of last year. Returned our response to RFIE on Nov 15. Kind of right behind you!

Yes, I submitted my renewal for EAD last month.

Good luck with your interview.

BTW, today I called USCIS and there is no change to my case...

Today the processing time was extended to 13 Months to 30.5 Months 😨

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.