Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Timeline

I finally had my interview today in Dallas, Texas. Sept. 28 (2017) filer.  It was about 5 minutes and he only asked us a few questions.  I risked not re-doing my medical and thankfully he never asked for it.  Half an hour later the website said "new card is being produced".  I'm glad to be done with immigration for awhile.  I don't think there are many left in here, but good luck to those still waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
16 hours ago, Path24 said:

I am 11 September filer I have a interview on 4th do I need re do my medical ?

I was reading about that there are a lot of changes on policies. Apparently they are valid for two years, but it is depending from which visa are you adjusting... I think for the peace of mind I will redo it. I have my interview coming soon and I was looking into it

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter3.html

20181016-I-693Validity.pdf

37 minutes ago, CE and JR said:

I was reading about that there are a lot of changes on policies. Apparently they are valid for two years, but it is depending from which visa are you adjusting... I think for the peace of mind I will redo it. I have my interview coming soon and I was looking into it

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter3.html

20181016-I-693Validity.pdf

I spoke to my lawyer. She said I got my medical done in 2017 and policy came out in 2018 

u might or might not need the medical if u wants risk and go ahead without it u May, but if they ask you they ll make you do medical and will delay the case so it’s better to get it done than be sorry about it. So I ll get the medical done this week. 

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Path24 said:

I spoke to my lawyer. She said I got my medical done in 2017 and policy came out in 2018 

u might or might not need the medical if u wants risk and go ahead without it u May, but if they ask you they ll make you do medical and will delay the case so it’s better to get it done than be sorry about it. So I ll get the medical done this week. 

indeed, as I said I think is better for the peace of mind to redo it and don't delay any process

good luck

3 minutes ago, CE and JR said:

indeed, as I said I think is better for the peace of mind to redo it and don't delay any process

good luck

Exactly thank you. I am bit nervous about it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi guys,

We applied for aos september 2017 in nyc and I’m still waiting for a date for my interview. Is anyone still waiting?

Also, does anyone know if I can switch jobs while in the middle of the process with my ead?

Timeline

I haven't updated my interview date yet. But I received the interview schedule letter a week after my case status updated to "interview was scheduled'. 

I didn't want to take a risk on the medical exam report, so I did the medical exam a couple weeks ago even I submitted my K-1 medical exam result when I submitted the application. 

02/22/2019 case status updated "interview was scheduled" and received an email notification

03/01/2019 received an interview schedule letter. The interview is scheduled on March 29.

EAD renewal process hasn't updated yet. It's been about 5 months since I submitted the application. I am thinking to call USCIS to check since the processing time is 3 months to 5 months. 

It's nice to see September filers are getting interviews now! We are almost there!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I had the interview yesterday. The officer didn't approve our case at the interview, but we got the case status update a few hours after the interview. Now the status shows "Your card is being produced". Finally our green card process is over!!! We feel so relieved. 

Our case received date: September 26, 2017

Interview date: March 29, 2019

Office: San Francisco

It was a long stressful process, but we are happy we can relax for now. The information everyone provided here has been so helpful. Thank you so much!!

2 hours ago, chibijedi said:

I had the interview yesterday. The officer didn't approve our case at the interview, but we got the case status update a few hours after the interview. Now the status shows "Your card is being produced". Finally our green card process is over!!! We feel so relieved. 

Our case received date: September 26, 2017

Interview date: March 29, 2019

Office: San Francisco

It was a long stressful process, but we are happy we can relax for now. The information everyone provided here has been so helpful. Thank you so much!!

Congratulations... 

can you tell me what did the officer asked ???

i have a interview at 4th April in NYC

Timeline
21 hours ago, Path24 said:

Congratulations... 

can you tell me what did the officer asked ???

i have a interview at 4th April in NYC

I can't remember everything, but here is the list of questions our officer asked.

[Me] It looked like the officer was going through our I-485 form from page 1.

• my name
  • if I have other names 
  • my birthday
  • place of birth
  • current address
  • my parents' names
  • where we lived before this current address
  • my jobs
  • my husband's name
  • my husband's birthday
  • when is the last entry in US
  • how many time have you visited US
  • my height 
  • if I met my husband's parents
  • how have things been since I moved to US  (You can explain stuff you went through using your photos. I asked the officer if I can explain through with my photo book. And it seemed like it worked well.)
  • about our wedding
  • who proposed
  • Almost all the Yes/No questions

[My husband]

• How we met and where
  • if he speaks Japanese
  • if he has met my parents

After those quick questions, he asked some support evidence of our relationship. I don't think questions are difficult. I recommend to organize your documents and bring EVERYTHING! 

Good luck!! You'll be fine 🙂

2 hours ago, chibijedi said:

I can't remember everything, but here is the list of questions our officer asked.

[Me] It looked like the officer was going through our I-485 form from page 1.

• my name
  • if I have other names 
  • my birthday
  • place of birth
  • current address
  • my parents' names
  • where we lived before this current address
  • my jobs
  • my husband's name
  • my husband's birthday
  • when is the last entry in US
  • how many time have you visited US
  • my height 
  • if I met my husband's parents
  • how have things been since I moved to US  (You can explain stuff you went through using your photos. I asked the officer if I can explain through with my photo book. And it seemed like it worked well.)
  • about our wedding
  • who proposed
  • Almost all the Yes/No questions

[My husband]

• How we met and where
  • if he speaks Japanese
  • if he has met my parents

After those quick questions, he asked some support evidence of our relationship. I don't think questions are difficult. I recommend to organize your documents and bring EVERYTHING! 

Good luck!! You'll be fine 🙂

Thank you you are beneficiary right ?

ur husband is a petioner ??

u guys sat together ? Or they interviewed separate? 

Thanks a lot for the wishes 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Path24 said:

Thank you you are beneficiary right ?

ur husband is a petioner ??

u guys sat together ? Or they interviewed separate? 

Thanks a lot for the wishes 

Yes, my husband is a petitioner. We sat together, but the officer asked questions to each of us. We didn't get the impression that we both can answer questions / speak freely even we were sitting together. However, each case is different. Be ready to have a different setup :-) 

10 minutes ago, chibijedi said:

Yes, my husband is a petitioner. We sat together, but the officer asked questions to each of us. We didn't get the impression that we both can answer questions / speak freely even we were sitting together. However, each case is different. Be ready to have a different setup 🙂

Thank you 

Today I had a interview 

Officer approved my case. 

Status haven’t changed yet 

I m Brooklyn filer had interview in nyc 

my pd is 11 September 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.