Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You definitely should receive the letter within 1 week, 2 weeks maximum. Our case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' on July 2 and we received the letter in the mail on July 9 (exactly 1 week later). Our interview is scheduled for August 9, so it's a little over 5 weeks after the initial notification that it was scheduled. 

You don't want to miss getting the letter or you might miss the interview date. I'd give USCIS a call to see if they can give you any updates. 

thanks for this.

30 minutes ago, Gigi2 said:

thanks for this.

We just called USCIS, they said once you get notice online of a scheduled interview it can take up to 30days to receive the letter in the mail. They said 30days will be on the 16th of July and if at that point we still haven't received anything in the mail then we can call and they will take action from there. thanks again for RJandHamid for prompting me to call.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Anyone from Atlanta received an interview letter yet? Waiting since September 11, no updates yet. I know they're one of the busiest ones, but it's been over the average of processing times and over the amount they even suggest on their website (although not over their maximum of two years haha).

Bah. Expecting it every day now, and it's been driving me nuts :jest: 

Edit: says "we are scheduling your interview" since October 13th on the new site. Old site still mentions biometrics fee received haha.

Edited by moosy

Any San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles filers in California getting interviews? My PD is Sep 15 2017.

It sounds like in Los Angeles a lot of AOS applications from previously undocumented applicants are being processed much faster than those adjusting from K1 or other visas (in my case from O1), including many which were received in 2018 and have already had or are getting interviews within a few months, while those who entered legally and have maintained legal status are waiting up to and well over a year to be processed. I'm glad those people are now becoming legal but it's very frustrating that they seem to be a significant priority ahead of those of us who have gone through the expensive, difficult, and exhausting process of acquiring visas and doing everything legally before adjusting status. I have no problem with the process being this thorough - I'm glad it is and I think it absolutely should be for security and safety reasons - but it's frustrating to be pushed back due to the backlog, after following all the rules, while those who ignored them are being skipped ahead and creating the backlog in the first place. Has anyone noticed this trend or know why it's happening? Are they trying to meet a quota by processing more recent cases first?

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KathCali said:

Any San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles filers in California getting interviews? My PD is Sep 15 2017.

It sounds like in Los Angeles a lot of AOS applications from previously undocumented applicants are being processed much faster than those adjusting from K1 or other visas (in my case from O1), including many which were received in 2018 and have already had or are getting interviews within a few months, while those who entered legally and have maintained legal status are waiting up to and well over a year to be processed. I'm glad those people are now becoming legal but it's very frustrating that they seem to be a significant priority ahead of those of us who have gone through the expensive, difficult, and exhausting process of acquiring visas and doing everything legally before adjusting status. I have no problem with the process being this thorough - I'm glad it is and I think it absolutely should be for security and safety reasons - but it's frustrating to be pushed back due to the backlog, after following all the rules, while those who ignored them are being skipped ahead and creating the backlog in the first place. Has anyone noticed this trend or know why it's happening? Are they trying to meet a quota by processing more recent cases first?

Los Angeles, filed sep 27th, AOS, no interview notice. Finally got ead in April... have raised a bunch of SRs and nothing. Hoping that I get an interview this august, if not, I don't know what I'll do. Oh and no RFEs. 

1 minute ago, Vickrd said:

Los Angeles, filed sep 27th, AOS, no interview notice. Finally got ead in April... have raised a bunch of SRs and nothing. Hoping that I get an interview this august, if not, I don't know what I'll do. Oh and no RFEs. 

Did you raise SRs for I-485? I didn't think you could do that before it was out of processing time?

I'm sorry you're still waiting too! I haven't had any RFEs either. I'm hoping for August or even early September too! 

I-751 - Pending

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

Approved - Card Received

Timeline
57 minutes ago, KathCali said:

Did you raise SRs for I-485? I didn't think you could do that before it was out of processing time?

I'm sorry you're still waiting too! I haven't had any RFEs either. I'm hoping for August or even early September too! 

Yeah I did, I've only raised two because I've spaced them out, and yeah I was only able to at a certain point... but I raised a lot of them for the ead (which i dont even think it helped but whatever) /: Let's hope august is our month! 

JUST got an update that our interview is ready to be scheduled ahhh! I know it can take months after that but considering how long it’s already been I am thinking it will be soon! Yay! PD Sep 15 2017, San Fernando Valley CA

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Timeline
15 minutes ago, KathCali said:

JUST got an update that our interview is ready to be scheduled ahhh! I know it can take months after that but considering how long it’s already been I am thinking it will be soon! Yay! PD Sep 15 2017, San Fernando Valley CA

That's amazing!!! How did you find out? :) 

Just now, Vickrd said:

That's amazing!!! How did you find out? :) 

I got an email (literally while I was writing replies on VJ asking about other people's timelines haha) with the case update then also checked the case tracker. It updated on the old account site but not the new one haha. They're so all over the place with updates at USCIS. :)

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Timeline
Just now, KathCali said:

I got an email (literally while I was writing replies on VJ asking about other people's timelines haha) with the case update then also checked the case tracker. It updated on the old account site but not the new one haha. They're so all over the place with updates at USCIS. :)

Oooh maybe I should never forget to check the old site. Thank you for your reply and good luck! Let us know when your interview is when you find out :D 

Just now, Vickrd said:

Oooh maybe I should never forget to check the old site. Thank you for your reply and good luck! Let us know when your interview is when you find out :D 

Yes, definitely worth checking both! Also on the old site you can make sure you are signed up for email and text notifications for all case changes :) Thank you so much! Will definitely keep everyone posted! Fingers crossed both our interviews are very soon! :) 

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

On 19/07/2018 at 11:54 AM, KathCali said:

So while this shows in the case tracker app and on the old website (and I got an email stating it), the new website hasn’t updated, and when I called the automated system, it says it can’t give any info about this case. I’ve heard of a lot of people having a glitch online and accurate info on the phone but not the other way around. Is it just the status updating or could I be crazy lucky and our interview is actually being scheduled?

I-751 - Pending

Approved - Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, KathCali said:

@KathCali or anyone else who might know...

What is the 'old' site URL?  

I filed I-485 for my husband on Sept 17, 2017.  I have not heard anything, no RFEs, no updates on the USCIS website.  Just says, "Cannot provide you with information for your case", since December last year.  Does that sound familiar to people?

I have not filed any SRs, have just been waiting patiently but now, it's getting close to where I need to ask for a new AP/EAD.  We are in Santa Ana, CA, which has one of the longest processing times for AOS1 (336 days to interview) where as LA, CA has 200 days on average to get to interview.  Considering that we filed at the same time roughly, and you are just now getting your notice for interview, do I just need to keep waiting?  Is it time to raise an SR?

BTW, to answer your question about why illegals would be getting preference over citizens, it may have to do with the recent enforcement changes that administration has been putting to get minors back together with their families? or just generally prioritizing these cases for usually a good reason.  Very frustrating, yes.  

Thanks,

forena99

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

1 hour ago, forena99 said:

@KathCali or anyone else who might know...

What is the 'old' site URL?  

I filed I-485 for my husband on Sept 17, 2017.  I have not heard anything, no RFEs, no updates on the USCIS website.  Just says, "Cannot provide you with information for your case", since December last year.  Does that sound familiar to people?

I have not filed any SRs, have just been waiting patiently but now, it's getting close to where I need to ask for a new AP/EAD.  We are in Santa Ana, CA, which has one of the longest processing times for AOS1 (336 days to interview) where as LA, CA has 200 days on average to get to interview.  Considering that we filed at the same time roughly, and you are just now getting your notice for interview, do I just need to keep waiting?  Is it time to raise an SR?

BTW, to answer your question about why illegals would be getting preference over citizens, it may have to do with the recent enforcement changes that administration has been putting to get minors back together with their families? or just generally prioritizing these cases for usually a good reason.  Very frustrating, yes.  

Thanks,

forena99

The old site is https://www.uscis.gov/

The new site is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

I am a 2017 Oct filer: NBC has requested Santa Ana Office to interview us as well according to T2 officer (neither the old nor the new site shows this). Now NBC is waiting for Santa Ana's response since March... :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.