Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, forena99 said:

@KathCali or anyone else who might know...

What is the 'old' site URL?  

I filed I-485 for my husband on Sept 17, 2017.  I have not heard anything, no RFEs, no updates on the USCIS website.  Just says, "Cannot provide you with information for your case", since December last year.  Does that sound familiar to people?

I have not filed any SRs, have just been waiting patiently but now, it's getting close to where I need to ask for a new AP/EAD.  We are in Santa Ana, CA, which has one of the longest processing times for AOS1 (336 days to interview) where as LA, CA has 200 days on average to get to interview.  Considering that we filed at the same time roughly, and you are just now getting your notice for interview, do I just need to keep waiting?  Is it time to raise an SR?

BTW, to answer your question about why illegals would be getting preference over citizens, it may have to do with the recent enforcement changes that administration has been putting to get minors back together with their families? or just generally prioritizing these cases for usually a good reason.  Very frustrating, yes.  

Thanks,

forena99

Someone else posted the different sites :)

I am in San Fernando Valley, which is separate to LA/LA County. I don't know what our average is as it isn't listed in the dropdown menu (it's a semi new office but they still haven't added it on here). However based on anecdotal reports in FB immigration groups, it sounds like an 11-12 month wait from PD to interview. 

I didn't get my notice for the interview - just the notice that it's in line for an interview. So ready to schedule, but not scheduled yet and it could take months (but hoping for weeks!). Unfortunately I don't think anyone can raise an SR until some ungodly length of time like 22 months (or whatever local offices say but similar stupidly long periods). 

You're right, it may have to do with all the new administration changes. I hope I didn't come across as callous in my frustration - I am heartbroken by the children being separated from their parents and I have every sympathy and support for asylum seekers and refugees. Seeking asylum is legal and is an international human right and I fully support it. The people I am seeing processed more quickly are those who entered illegally years ago and never filed anything - neither asylum nor any other waiver or adjustment of status - and are now frantically filing waivers and AOS all at once because the new administration is cracking down, and I believe creating the backlog (in addition to USCIS laying off workers) that is causing all of us to wait so much longer for processing. This is also based on what I am seeing anecdotally so maybe I am wrong but it does seem to be common. I definitely hope they prioritize any case that involves children separated from their parents. I would gladly be delayed for those cases. :) 

If it says no information can be given, I would call USCIS and ask about that. They should be able to tell you what your status is. My phone status says that currently (The automated phone system) but not online. Trying the automated hotline and if that also says cannot give information, definitely talk to an officer and ask for more information on your case :) 

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, so I am creeping up on a year slowly like most of us and I am starting to consider the EAD/131 extension. 

I know that when we do the request, we automatically have a 180days extension, but how does that work? Do we get an official paper saying it? The only reason I am a little concerned is I need a proof of current status for my drivers license. They would only issue it valid up to my EAD term, so what if it takes a little longer to get my new documents?

My case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since end of October 2017 but still nothing in the mail or online regarding an actual interview :(

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

I just got email noticed and it says they scheduled my interview and I will get the mail soon! How long does it take to get the mail after the notify?

Submit date : Sept. 22, 2017

EAD approved : Mar. 30, 2018

Status changed to Interview : July 30, 2018

Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 10:14 AM, PR&PR said:

Hey guys, so I am creeping up on a year slowly like most of us and I am starting to consider the EAD/131 extension. 

I know that when we do the request, we automatically have a 180days extension, but how does that work? Do we get an official paper saying it? The only reason I am a little concerned is I need a proof of current status for my drivers license. They would only issue it valid up to my EAD term, so what if it takes a little longer to get my new documents?

My case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since end of October 2017 but still nothing in the mail or online regarding an actual interview :(

I am wondering About this too.  I just re-applied for everything this week.  I know I'm good to keep working no matter what, but how am I supposed to get there if my license expires? 🤔🤔🤔 

Timeline

Also, since Im here, my medical expires today so I will need a new one when it comes time for my interview. Does anyone know how that works? Do I go on my own before the interview (or will they send notice beforehand?) or do I wait for the interview and they will tell me then I need to have a new one??

Our office has just increased again to 13-22 months. So frustrated. Not sure why they’re outsourcing Los Angeles applicants to San Bernardino and not San Fernando valley applicants when it’s even more backed up. Has anyone successfully asked to be transferred to another office while still in (ridiculous) processing times? 

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

6 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Also, since Im here, my medical expires today so I will need a new one when it comes time for my interview. Does anyone know how that works? Do I go on my own before the interview (or will they send notice beforehand?) or do I wait for the interview and they will tell me then I need to have a new one??

mine had been a little over a year old  by the time we had our interview and it was fine they didn't mention it. Hope that helps

Filed: Other Timeline
On 7/24/2018 at 7:48 PM, JoJoJoJo said:

The old site is https://www.uscis.gov/

The new site is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Unfortunately, although the new site seemed promising at first, it is now almost as out of date and worthless as the old one.

For our I-485 interviews, it still shows status comments from 14 November 2017 that they are scheduling our interviews.  In fact, the interviews were scheduled over a month ago and took place this morning.  :D 

When we got the appointment notices, I created a checklist based on everything mentioned in the appointment notice and collected it all together.  Most of it was unneeded, specifically she (the interviewer) did not care about:

1. My proof of citizenship & birth certificates
  2. Evidence that we were qualified to apply for permanent residence (all I could think of here was NOA1, NOA2, visas in passports, marriage certificate, to show that we had been through the process)
  3. Certified copies of their Philippine birth certificates & her 1st husbands death certificates (we had ordered 3 new sets just in case :D )
  4. Their employment authorization cards
  5. Immunization papers from the embassy physical
  6. Subsequent immunization records
  7. Certified copy of my divorce order
  8. Current letter of employment & pay stubs
  9. I-94 forms

For evidence of joint financial stuff, they received a copies of our wills, our 2017 Form 1040, and got to look at my health insurance card.

Copies of everything else (albeit uncertified copies) had been submitted with the I-485 filings.

She interviewed us separately and pursued several lines of questioning to see if our answers were the same:

1. How did we meet ("winks" on dating site, eventually I paid to upgrade so we could communicate.  I had also printed a screen snag of her first "wink").
  2. What did we have for dinner last night (I went out to Arby's about 6, she was working 2-10 :D )
  3. How many cars did we have (3, I had included the VW that need repairs; wife first answered 2)
  4. Questions about my house (# of bedrooms, # of baths, laundry room)
  5. Questions about when I visited, where we stayed, what we did.  Wife's memory was a bit fuzzy, since we did not go to her house until the 2nd day.  The interviewer got bored after the 4th of my 7 trips there.

I had printed about 350-400 pictures from wife's FB page starting from our arrival at JFK on 26 July 2017.  I showed the interviewer the wedding & adoption pics w/ the judges, and she spent about 20 seconds thumbing through the rest.

We left with a form with a box checked that they would notify us in 4 weeks of their decision.

I will post my checklist here later.  One thing to consider is that if you don't bring something, they will surely ask for it.  To prep for the trip-you-up questions (at least the ones that we fielded):

1. Review how you met, see if you can still find any evidence of it (on the 2nd anniversary of her first "wink", I had posted a screen snag in FB)
  2. Review what you did the last 48 hours (where each of you were, what you did, what you ate).
  3. Review your car(s), who drives, when, etc.
  4. Review your trips to his/her home country, where you stayed, what you did, esp. the first trip.

Has anyone applied for their EAD/AP renewal - and if so, how long did it take to receive your notice of receipt?

I sent mine a few weeks ago and it was delivered to Chicago on the 16th July - but I have had no text, no email or any notice in the mail yet (and I did include the ‘please let me know when you get this’ sheet - the G145 or something similar).

As I don’t have a notice of receipt for my package I can’t track it. I’m a bit worried that they have just chucked it in the bin. Surely I should have had a text or email by now?

11/07/16    I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox
11/09/16    i-129F received date    11/14/16    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice    11/15/16    NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC    11/18/16    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

01/30/17...NOA2 approved per USCIS status update  02/07/17..NOA2 Hard Copy Received   02/15/17 NVC assigned case number  02/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone/scheduled medical)

02/17/17  NVC despatched case to London (In Transit)   02/21/17 Case arrived in London   02/22/17 Status updated to 'Ready'   03/03/17 Letter received from Embassy

03/06/17  Medical (London)   03/17/17  Interview Date (approved)   03/20/17 CEAC status changed to Non-immigrant - Admin Processing   03/21/17 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03/24/17 VISA IN HAND

07/03/17 POE Toronto (preclearance)/Minneapolis

08/26/17 MARRIED

09/13/2017 Mailed AOS package   09/15/2017 USCIS received package   09/19/2017 Email and text notification of receipt and case #s   10/12/2017 Biometrics appointment

10/18/2017 status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for interview'   12/07/2017 raised SR online for EAD   12/18/2017 posted form to Senator to enquire about EAD

12/18/2017 EAD and AP approved   12/23/2017 NOAs received for EAD and AP   12/27/2017 Combo card received   early July - sent renewal forms for EAD and AP

07/13 EAD and AP renewal pack received at Chicago lockbox  0801 PD date for AP - EAD renewal rejected for being on old form  0801 EAD renewal received at Chicago lockabox

0808 EAD PD date - 180 day extension letter sent 0813

10/31 called USCIS to request to expedite AP   11/01/18 Received email from USCIS with expedite instructions     11/14 Faxed evidence requested   12/06 Raised Service Request

01/09/19 AOS Interview 8.45am     01/09/19 APPROVED 5pm   01/15/19 Green Card Received

Removal of conditions

10/13/20 Mailed package   06/24/21 Case was approved

1 hour ago, Chelleyandaaron said:

Has anyone applied for their EAD/AP renewal - and if so, how long did it take to receive your notice of receipt?

I sent mine a few weeks ago and it was delivered to Chicago on the 16th July - but I have had no text, no email or any notice in the mail yet (and I did include the ‘please let me know when you get this’ sheet - the G145 or something similar).

As I don’t have a notice of receipt for my package I can’t track it. I’m a bit worried that they have just chucked it in the bin. Surely I should have had a text or email by now?

I sent mine in May 2018 for renew. And I got receipt in 2 weeks.. and In that receipt it says that we have received your application and working on it . Also mention about extension of old ead for 180 days if u don’t get new ead on time. And the. After  a week I got another notice saying we are using ur old biometrtic information. Then after two weeks from this receipt I checked online it says your fingerprint review was completed. Now I m just waiting to get approve and receive and also waiting for interview for I-465.

PD DATE 11 sept 2017

Got EAD on 26 November 2017. 

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chelleyandaaron said:

I sent mine last Friday (27th of July) and I received two text messages at night: one at midnight on 1st of August on Wednesday, and another the morning of the 2nd of August. I have yet to receive the paper notifications (it is the 3rd of August now, so that makes sense). I sent it with USPS to the lockbox again as they said, and I got notice of receipt on Monday, so it took another 2 days for them to actually open the packages.

It's possible that they did not use that G145, and you are still waiting.

But I would definitely double check to see if you sent it to the Lockbox as you should have. It is not done by your local office

2 hours ago, moosy said:

I sent mine last Friday (27th of July) and I received two text messages at night: one at midnight on 1st of August on Wednesday, and another the morning of the 2nd of August. I have yet to receive the paper notifications (it is the 3rd of August now, so that makes sense). I sent it with USPS to the lockbox again as they said, and I got notice of receipt on Monday, so it took another 2 days for them to actually open the packages.

It's possible that they did not use that G145, and you are still waiting.

But I would definitely double check to see if you sent it to the Lockbox as you should have. It is not done by your local office

Hey Moosy, 

Thanks for the reply. Funnily enough I got my text and email receipt notifications whilst I was asleep last night - so it took much longer than expected - but I did get them. (Yes sent them to the lockbox). It took them 18 days after delivery to acknowledge receipt for me. At least they are in the right place and there in plenty of time. I am going to stop worrying now :)

11/07/16    I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox
11/09/16    i-129F received date    11/14/16    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice    11/15/16    NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC    11/18/16    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

01/30/17...NOA2 approved per USCIS status update  02/07/17..NOA2 Hard Copy Received   02/15/17 NVC assigned case number  02/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone/scheduled medical)

02/17/17  NVC despatched case to London (In Transit)   02/21/17 Case arrived in London   02/22/17 Status updated to 'Ready'   03/03/17 Letter received from Embassy

03/06/17  Medical (London)   03/17/17  Interview Date (approved)   03/20/17 CEAC status changed to Non-immigrant - Admin Processing   03/21/17 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03/24/17 VISA IN HAND

07/03/17 POE Toronto (preclearance)/Minneapolis

08/26/17 MARRIED

09/13/2017 Mailed AOS package   09/15/2017 USCIS received package   09/19/2017 Email and text notification of receipt and case #s   10/12/2017 Biometrics appointment

10/18/2017 status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for interview'   12/07/2017 raised SR online for EAD   12/18/2017 posted form to Senator to enquire about EAD

12/18/2017 EAD and AP approved   12/23/2017 NOAs received for EAD and AP   12/27/2017 Combo card received   early July - sent renewal forms for EAD and AP

07/13 EAD and AP renewal pack received at Chicago lockbox  0801 PD date for AP - EAD renewal rejected for being on old form  0801 EAD renewal received at Chicago lockabox

0808 EAD PD date - 180 day extension letter sent 0813

10/31 called USCIS to request to expedite AP   11/01/18 Received email from USCIS with expedite instructions     11/14 Faxed evidence requested   12/06 Raised Service Request

01/09/19 AOS Interview 8.45am     01/09/19 APPROVED 5pm   01/15/19 Green Card Received

Removal of conditions

10/13/20 Mailed package   06/24/21 Case was approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 8:47 AM, eastcoastgroove said:

I think your medical expires one year from the date you applied. Not the 1 year mark of the medical itself? 

I called them the other day and they told me apply between 120-90 days prior to expiration. Not before, so I am going to wait a little bit and hope to get my interview and save myself the trouble! (Positive vibes)

I should have asked about the AP as well -_- . I may call them again or skim online through the weekend to find out about that.

Edited by PR&PR

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Hello! 

So my status online never updated from "We're scheduling your interview", yet I received the notice for interview in the mail early July. Status remained the same.. scheduling interview. Never changed. Even in the new website.

So I went to the interview with my husband last Aug. 1. My interview was 10:30am, we arrived at 10am. They called us right away even before the scheduled time.

The officer asked us for originals to inspect: birth certificates, passport, IDs, marriage certificate. Did not ask for original DS-3025 at the interview though I have it with me, I only sent a copy of that in the AOS packet. I didn't do the civil surgeon at all. My medical was done at my home country for K1, May 2017. I didn't do another medical, I risked it. It was not expired anyway when I submitted the AOS application last year Sept. The officer didn't talk about the medical at all during the interview.

She asked for wedding photographs. I submitted a total of 5 pictures: 2 wedding, 1 with my fam overseas, 1 with his fam in a different state and 1 of us in vacation somewhere. She asked for proof of us being together. I gave her copy of lease, insurance, 2 joint bank statements, 1 credit card, 1 phone bill. She went through it all, but said she has enough and returned the credit card and phone bill.

We brought with us an updated affidavit of support form, the latest version of the form, to show most recent tax returns of 2017, then 2016 & 2015, W2s, paystubs and letter of employment because my husband changed jobs end of last year and 2017 tax return has my name in there; so she thanked us for doing that and took all of it. She asked my husband the questions in the affidavit of support form. Then she asked me questions from the AOS form like, from my name down to "Have you ever been jailed..." kinda questions. Also asked my job in the Philippines, history of travel, how we met, and my new job here. Told me she's approving my application and the card will be mailed in 2-4weeks. 

The day after my interview, Aug. 2, my status online finally changed to "We have approved your application.." It was only then when it finally showed the actual status. 

Goodluck guys. Thanks for all your help here in the forum. :) 

Timelines

Spoiler

AOS Process

2017 Sept 20               AOS/EAD/AP Sent via FedEx

2017 Sept 26               USCIS RECEIVED - Notice Date

2017 Sept 27               Email & Text Notifications for 3 Forms (11:30pm)

2017 Oct 02                 NOA hard copies received

2017 Oct 14                 Biometrics appointment letter received (Oct 7 Notice Date)

2017 Oct 26                 Biometrics at Austin ASC 11:00am (Completed in 10 min)

2017 Nov 14                AOS Case Status Changed to "Ready to Be Scheduled For An Interview"

2017 Nov 27                EAD/AP Approved (68 Days) - Notices received  Dec 1, combo card on Dec 04

2018 June 27               Interview Notice Date (Mail received July 2) 

2018 Aug 01                Interview Date - Approved

I-129F K1 Process

Spoiler

K1 Visa - PH K1 Visa Guide

2017 Jan 09                 I-129F Sent                           

2017 Jan 10                 I-129F Received           

2017 Jan 13                 I-129F NOA 1                         

2017 Apr 05                 I-129F NOA 2 (82 Days from NOA1)

2017 Apr 26                 I-129F NVC Received (21 Days from NOA2)

2017 May 2                  Consulate Received (6 Days from NVC)

2017 May 8                  Medical SLEC (1 Day - passed)

2017 Jun 01                 Interview - Approved (139 Days from NOA1)

2017 Jun 06                 Visa Received (5 Days from Interview)

2017 July 26                US Entry (PoE: San Francisco)

2017 Aug 04                Applied for SSN

2017 Aug 28                Wedding                                  

2017 Sept 15               Applied for SSN Name Change

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.