4,721 posts in this topic

Ok so I called USCIS first thing this morning for a status update, let the Tier 1 rep give me her spiel and then politely asked to speak to a Tier 2 officer.  I said that I understood that I was in normal processing times but as it has been 6 months, I’m a bit anxious and would really appreciate having someone look into my case to see if it has been touched at all.  The Tier 1 that I spoke to was not rude but she was not very friendly either.  She said that from what she could see, my case had not been opened at all and that a Tier 2 rep would not be able to tell me any different.  I politely insisted.  I said that I was aware that they have a bit more access to my case and I would just like to see if anything had been done with it.  She said that since I insisted, she would go ahead and transfer me.  I received an estimated call back time of 150 minutes but actually received the call about 30 minutes sooner than that.  The Tier 2 officer I spoke to informed me that there was something missing from my application and that a request for additional evidence had been mailed to me on February 28.  He couldn’t say what was missing but said the letter would state what it was and would have a date that the evidence needed to be sent by.  Of course, this is not the best news I could’ve hoped for but at least I know that our application didn’t get lost at the bottom of the pile.  I am going to go through what we sent to see what we could’ve possibly missed as I thought we were pretty thorough.  The only thing I can think of is that, with our application and as evidence, we sent them copies of our catering and venue contracts as we had originally planned our wedding for February 3, 2018.  Long story short, my fiancé and I had originally planned to settle in the UK hence the original wedding date.  UK spousal visas usually take NO LONGER than 3months!  But, after my mom had a health scare, we changed our plans and decided to settle in the US instead so I could be closer to my family.  We left the wedding plans as they were for a while hoping things would process in time but of course, that didn’t happen.  Lol. How silly and naive I was!  Of course, all of that had to be rescheduled but I wonder if that is what the issue is?  @Naes @NICK & PAULA, any ideas?  Maybe they want to make sure we’re not already married?  I would think they would have access to state marriage records though, but that’s probably just wishful thinking on my part.  Lol.  Either way, I’m anxious to get the RFE letter so that I can see what the issue is and get this part over with already!  Hopefully, it comes sometime next week.

NOA1 Received Date:  August 23, 2017

RFE notice date:  February 28, 2018

Again, the Tier 1 rep said that there had been no activity on my case and there have been no updates on the website, the app, text, or email.  I received this information after insisting to speak to Tier 2.  

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called again today and waited more than 2 hours to speak to tier 2. They said my case is still pending. :( (Aug. 24 filer)

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

Ok so I called USCIS first thing this morning for a status update, let the Tier 1 rep give me her spiel and then politely asked to speak to a Tier 2 officer.  I said that I understood that I was in normal processing times but as it has been 6 months, I’m a bit anxious and would really appreciate having someone look into my case to see if it has been touched at all.  The Tier 1 that I spoke to was not rude but she was not very friendly either.  She said that from what she could see, my case had not been opened at all and that a Tier 2 rep would not be able to tell me any different.  I politely insisted.  I said that I was aware that they have a bit more access to my case and I would just like to see if anything had been done with it.  She said that since I insisted, she would go ahead and transfer me.  I received an estimated call back time of 150 minutes but actually received the call about 30 minutes sooner than that.  The Tier 2 officer I spoke to informed me that there was something missing from my application and that a request for additional evidence had been mailed to me on February 28.  He couldn’t say what was missing but said the letter would state what it was and would have a date that the evidence needed to be sent by.  Of course, this is not the best news I could’ve hoped for but at least I know that our application didn’t get lost at the bottom of the pile.  I am going to go through what we sent to see what we could’ve possibly missed as I thought we were pretty thorough.  The only thing I can think of is that, with our application and as evidence, we sent them copies of our catering and venue contracts as we had originally planned our wedding for February 3, 2018.  Long story short, my fiancé and I had originally planned to settle in the UK hence the original wedding date.  UK spousal visas usually take NO LONGER than 3months!  But, after my mom had a health scare, we changed our plans and decided to settle in the US instead so I could be closer to my family.  We left the wedding plans as they were for a while hoping things would process in time but of course, that didn’t happen.  Lol. How silly and naive I was!  Of course, all of that had to be rescheduled but I wonder if that is what the issue is?  @Naes @NICK & PAULA, any ideas?  Maybe they want to make sure we’re not already married?  I would think they would have access to state marriage records though, but that’s probably just wishful thinking on my part.  Lol.  Either way, I’m anxious to get the RFE letter so that I can see what the issue is and get this part over with already!  Hopefully, it comes sometime next week.

Again, the Tier 1 rep said that there had been no activity on my case and there have been no updates on the website, the app, text, or email.  I received this information after insisting to speak to Tier 2.  

It's absolutely ridiculous that tier 1 and 2 are telling you different things. This is a perfect example of why we should always insist on speaking to tier 2.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

18 hours ago, PJN&MMR said:

Let them say whateber the blank they want. They arent there to say, they are there to understand whats true and whats not. So tell the truth. Not criticising you here but they are investigators and theres nonreason to be deceptive and if you are your going to get denied. What they think of her caring for her parents doesnt matter. Honestly it’s quite noble.

Tell them she has been caring for her parents. She met the love of her life and it’s time for her to move on with her life...

whats wrong with that? Nothing

It looks like that’s the right option that I’ll be taking 

59 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

It's absolutely ridiculous that tier 1 and 2 are telling you different things. This is a perfect example of why we should always insist on speaking to tier 2.

Exactly.  I really have no idea what the purpose of Tier 1 is.  I mean, all they do is spit out the information that is available on the website but that information is not even updated properly.  Moral of the story: insist on speaking to Tier 2.

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

There are so many of us that have spoken to tier 1 and tier 2. There are only a handful of people (I can think of less than 10) that have gotten any useful information out of tier 2, including approvals.

I know it sucks, but if there's nothing there, there's nothing there. Try to remain patient, as they're processing August cases and it's frankly chugging along faster than most of us thought it would for people after June!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, K & R said:

What is the difference between I-134 and I-864? Thank you!!

I134 not binding 

I864 binding 

embassy should not accept a i864 because the beneficiary is not on immigrant visa yet. And a binding affidavit can't / shouldn't be accepted. As the marriage may not occur.

3 hours ago, emekus94 said:

It's all too confusing! :jest:

They're both affidavits of support-
The consensus around here seems to be that  I-134 is for us the fiance folks and I-864 is when we do AOS (Adjustment of Status) after you get married. 

Though I did hear someone in the earlier month threads say they did the I-864 and was perfectly fine at the interview. 
I say if you meet the income requirements, do your I-134 and u should be fine

Thats a really big fault on embassy side... I saw many that just got being told that is the wrong form and told to come back with i134..

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

Well there's something missing... so it can even be a letter of intent missing.. it doesn't always mean you forgot to send it but they might have lost it too. 

They cannot tell you what it was on the phone(Ever). But I think it will reach you soon, let us know too :) 

however now it is moving at least...

tier 1 is like the archers in a war.....so at the forefront they just try to get rid of as many people as possible...it's like protect the tier 2!!!

i wonder if they get money over how little they send to tier2 or something 🤔

Sorry for all of the questions today lol  but am I (The petitioner) able to pay the visa fee? My fiancé is going to be paying for the medical, all the travel to get there etc and I'd like to pay the ($200 something?) fee that we have to pay before he schedules the interview. Am I able to do that or does he have to? Thank you!!

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K & R said:

Sorry for all of the questions today lol  but am I (The petitioner) able to pay the visa fee? My fiancé is going to be paying for the medical, all the travel to get there etc and I'd like to pay the ($200 something?) fee that we have to pay before he schedules the interview. Am I able to do that or does he have to? Thank you!!

Well you can but the payment method differs by county, not all accepts credit card or other international methods..

Timeline
6 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Good Lord!

Well, the numbers are looking better.

@Naes, I think we need some more magical twerks, you sweet selfish girl!😎

I shall only twerk for my own approval!!!B-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Naes said:

I shall only twerk for my own approval!!!B-)

was there any new scans today? I have been busy busy busy and unable to keep up on the thread

I have a question, I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but I called USCIS and did not press any keys when prompted and waited for a live person to speak too. When somebody picked up it was a spanish speaker, so I asked to be transferred to a english speaker, but he started speaking english and insisted that he could help me. So I asked to be transferred to a tier 2, thats when he said that tier 2s arent taking any calls at the moment, so I asked if I could leave my phone number, so a tier 2 can call me back. He said, yes but that I need to give him some personal infomation first, he asked for th3 reciept number, my full name, full address, email address and finally my phone number. He said that a tier would call me in about 5 days. My concern is, did I even talk to a real USCIS person? I googled uscis customer services scams, so I dont know if I just gave away my personal information. Am I being paranoid? The number I called was 8003755283 by the way.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

was there any new scans today? I have been busy busy busy and unable to keep up on the thread

For 3/1 I posted (I don't know the page sorry...

for 3/2 I'm waiting for uscis day to end

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Hey @Paul and Astrid I'm so sorry for the very late reply but thank you so much! You'll get yours soon, just hang in there! :wub:

Congratulations! About how close or far off was Vj estimated time compared to your actual approval? ☺️

event.png

10/11/17 : NOA1

05/29/18 : NOA2

??/??/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED  

??/??/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

??/??/18: CONSULATE RECEIVED 

??/??/18 : MEDICAL

??/??/18 : INTERVIEW

??/??/18 : APPROVAL/VISA RECIEVED

??/??/18 : FLIGHT/POE

??/??/?? : WEDDING <3 <3 <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.