SabrinaJerome

They want to see if you're filing your taxes!!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, arken said:

Try to understand the statement correctly. It means "if your income is below the IRS required level which will typically be below poverty level, you don't need to file and you can just mention thag to NVC with proof and NVC won't ask for your 2016 return. In that case you will need joint sponsor anyway.

Based on your description, you earn decent money that you can support your beneficiary by yourself in which case you as a sponsor have to submit the 2016 tax return (docs or transcript) to NVC.

Yes I will try to understand the statement correctly lol

I would not need a joint sponsor because like I explained at the beginning of this thread, I have enough assets to not even bother with using income as my proof of ability to support.

But yes they still want to see a return if you are required to file. I am required to file because I made over $4,050 (married filing separately)...

Now, here's the really funny part. The W2 form I sent shows that I did NOT MEET THE POVERTY GUIDELINE MINIMUM for 2016, because I only started working in the fall of 2016. So my income does not even prove that I can support my family member. That's why I sent documentation of assets. 

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, NikLR said:

are you genuinely asking why you have to send them or just complaining that you do?

heehehee :P yes I was genuinely asking, and what seems to have come through this thread is that when I was preparing the NVC packages the most current tax year was indeed 2015. So I did what they said. But like someone above said, by the time it was received, the most current was 2016... gahhhh...

But I guess my complaint is that the actually very nice and sympathetic agent couldn't give me a reason that had anything to do with supporting my husband.

I didn't meet the poverty guidelines but provided proof of assets that shows I can support him.

Maybe she should've just said, "Ma'am, it's now May 2017 and you have to file 2016 because that's what the rules say. Plus we need to delay your case because we are so overworked and underpaid and the system is backed up terribly, so we're just going to put you at the back of the line again so we can justify your case taking almost a year and a half to process."

So...to answer your question... both. lol :blink: and nowwww I'm going to bed. 

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

They ask for a copy of the primary sponsor's (spouse) most recent tax return, even when a joint sponsor is used. The reason goes beyond demonstrating your financial situation. Spousal immigration is a US benefit, filing taxes is a duty. They want to see that you fulfill your end of the deal.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Me: I don't see how that supports my case at all. I didn't file taxes because the government owes me a ton of money and I wanted to wait until my husband got his SS number so I didn't have to file twice, the second time being an amendment, from married filing separately to married filing jointly.

You can file a joint return with the form for requesting a taxpayer id number.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Indeed! Evading!! Yikes!

That's why I sent 2015. Because I have always been a good 'Merikan - a public servant even. And I have always paid my taxes... ohhh have I paid taxes.

I would love to see the day when the IRS comes looking for me because they owe me $300 from 2011... because they did and I didn't file. Never heard a word. Funny that.

Paying taxes monthly through your paycheck and filing your income taxes afterward by the deadline are two different things. You won't get anything back from the IRS if you don't file your income taxes...hence why you'll never see that $300 from 2011 because you never filed and now you're past the 3 year span in which you could still file and get a refund. Regardless of whether the IRS owes you a refund or not, you still are required to file for an extension by the April deadline. Those are the rules, and you only get a 6-month extension anyway. There's no guarantee your spouse would arrive and get his SSN by that deadline.

Your options are to file married filing separate using "NRA" as his SSN and later file a 1040X amendment (you have up to 3 years to file the amendment), or you can fill out the forms as married filing jointly and send his passport + ITIN application along with your income tax forms when you file them.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Like I said, I wanted to file Married filing jointly, but you need his ITIN or SSN to do that. 

By the time I would get a ITIN he would already be here and have a SSN.

We were married in 2015, if that's your question... not sure. ("filing status")... did I answer your question? :unsure:

Was thinking that, since you lived apart from your husband for at least the last 6 months of the tax year, you don't qualify to file jointly....but then I remembered the exception for non-resident alien.  It was too late to edit my post by then....sorry!

There are many things we have to do in this process that seem to make no sense to us. I agree with you on that sentiment. At the medical in London last November I had my eyesight tested. Why??? Nowhere does it say that immigrant visa holders must have perfect vision or that USCs can only marry foreigners with perfect vision. I wear glasses all the time. I only take them off to sleep and shower. I walked into the medical wearing glasses and they wanted to test my eyesight! Dead giveaway that my eyesight is not good was the pair of glasses I was wearing. But we just get on with it and do it. 

The financial requirements confuse me also. I understand the point of ensuring that immigrants will be supported and not become s public charge, blah, blah, blah. But I don't understand why a spouse on a CR-1 or IR-1 who is eligible to work from day one has a greater burden of proof to demonstrate when it comes to financial support than a fiancé who cannot work for months and has an AOS to pay for also. We see on these forums and others many more K-1 couples going through financial hardship than CR-1/IR-1. I have lost count of how many times I have seen posts where they are asking how to get the EAD quicker because they are struggling or how late they can file AOS because they can't afford it. I had a job offer before I arrived (even before I went to my interview) and started work within 2 weeks of arrival in the country at said company, making double what my husband makes. Yet we spouses have to jump through hoops with a legally binding I-864 but fiancés only have to provide an I-134 and have no chance of income for at least 3 months. I fail to see the logic in that. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
17 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

I see your point, and I guess because I started the NVC packages in Nov-Dec of last year, the most current tax year was 2015. When my husband finally got his police certificate it was February so that's how I sent it in.

And besides, I didn't even need to show income since the bank account would've sufficed. Many people have written that they have not filed for the last x years and didn't need to file.

On the other hand, maybe we should just do what you're saying. He can just come in on his tourist visa and adjust status. I'm so done.

Thanks for your suggestion.

You really don't want him in the country pretending to be a tourist with a preconceived intention to immigrant... that would be classified as a visa fraud! Because he'd have to misrepresent himself to a CBP officer, which could all together put him at risk of deportation. Just follow the rules, I know it sucks but it is what it is... coming from a government where its president hasn't revealed his own tax returns yet.... 

The affidavit of support form specifically says you are REQUIRED (in all caps, if I recall) to submit 2016 returns, and all previous years are explicitly optional. So your submitting 2015 doesn't really mean anything to them.  

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

13 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Yes I will try to understand the statement correctly lol

I would not need a joint sponsor because like I explained at the beginning of this thread, I have enough assets to not even bother with using income as my proof of ability to support.

But yes they still want to see a return if you are required to file. I am required to file because I made over $4,050 (married filing separately)...

Now, here's the really funny part. The W2 form I sent shows that I did NOT MEET THE POVERTY GUIDELINE MINIMUM for 2016, because I only started working in the fall of 2016. So my income does not even prove that I can support my family member. That's why I sent documentation of assets. 

Just for clarification, you do know how assets work right?

The calculation to show enough?

If you in fact did not make enough in 2016, then along with the W2 you should have sent a statement saying that you made under the threshold to be legally required to file. Expecting them to discern that from any paperwork isn't going to work out. They need a statement from you saying something like this, this is what I used:

STATEMENT REGARDING FORM I-864 PART 6 ITEM 18-20

I, <NAME>, have not included tax returns for the years 2014 and 2015 for the following reasons:

-- in the tax year 2014 my income was $0.00 and according to IRS guidelines I was not required to file a return .
-- in the tax year 2003 my income was $0.00 and according to IRS guidelines I was not required to file a return .

I, <NAME>, certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the information I have provided in this statement is true and correct.

Note, that in 2015 taxes I only made 256$, but I still made sure to file taxes because I was doing the K-1 visa process for my husband and knew it was needed.

Now for the assets.

You have to prove that you have at LEAST 3 times the amount of money that you didn't make for the year they are asking.

So if your W2 shows you only made say 3k, and you need to make 20,300$, then the amount you didn't make for the year is 17,300. Now you have to times that by 3, and that's how much you'll have to prove you have. 

So you would have to show, that if you only made 3k for the year of 2016, that you have AT LEAST 51,900$ in assets.

You have to write these all on the I-864 and provide proof for EVERYTHING you claim. You also need to make sure your proof matches what you're writing on the I-864. If you are including a house or a car appraisal, it has to be appraised by an official appraiser and there has to be documentation attached showing that it was appraised by someone certified to do so. Any kelly blue book values or guesstimates will count as 0$. If there's any items you write on the I-864 that you don't have proof of, it becomes 0, and if you include extra documentation for anything relevant but do not add it into the Part 11. Additional information section on the bottom, it becomes 0.

So again, just to clarify.

(Income needed) - (Income Made) = (Missing income)

(Missing Income) * 3 = Amount in assets needed.

And last but not least, as another poster did say, after 3 years has past you can't get the money back the IRS owes you. So you may have to bite the bullet on this one. When you said that they owed you money I assumed they owed you thousands, but... 300$ isn't that much in tax return terms to end up causing future trouble in other aspects of your life.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Amending a tax return later on is no big deal. We amended our 2013 and 2014 returns after I arrived here in November 2014 to married filing joint from married filing separately. Fill out the forms, mail them in, receive refund in a few months. Better to do that than delay the visa and your reunion.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

15 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

I would love to see the day when the IRS comes looking for me because they owe me $300 from 2011... because they did and I didn't file. Never heard a word. Funny that.

You are legally required to file income taxes every year, subject to certain exceptions which you probably don't qualify for if you're an attorney.  If you owe the IRS, you pay them.  If they owe you, you receive a refund.  April 15th is the filing deadline, and if you intend to file after that date you must file an extension.  You don't file an extension because you owe the IRS money.  You file one because you've missed the filing deadline, which coincidentally is the same every single year. 

Also, I wouldn't brag about not filing tax returns.  The statute of limitations is typically only three years, but the IRS can look back further if you intentionally misrepresented your income (by failure to file or other means).  

Seems to me that you just like to challenge the rules, whether it's tax rules or immigration rules.  Do us all a favor and just give them what they ask for so that they can move on to another case.  We're waiting.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Hi all,

We got a checklist and the financial support response was that the NVC wants to see my 2016 tax return.

I had sent an abundance of information to show that I can support my husband (W2, tons of paystubs, SS form which shows my salary history, letter from my employer, bank statements which alone show an amount well above what would be required to support 1 person, 2015 return, etc) and so I was curious to know why they needed the 2016 return.

Agent: because they want to see that you're filing your taxes. [she might've said paying but I don't remember] 

Me: I'm sorry, what?

A: they want to see that you're filing taxes

Me: ummm... I don't understand. I've never heard of that in any government directions, forum, etc. How does that prove that I can support my husband?

A: It's not about that. They just want to see that you're ..

Me: That I'm a good and upright citizen?

A: Well, no, it's -

Me: I don't see how that supports my case at all. I didn't file taxes because the government owes me a ton of money and I wanted to wait until my husband got his SS number so I didn't have to file twice, the second time being an amendment, from married filing separately to married filing jointly. I sent the 2015 return, which shows that I file taxes. When I sent my AOS package to the NVC it was February, so I technically had time in which to file by April... I just.... I don't....

A: I'm sorry ma'am that's what they want.

Me: [head explodes]

Before I started working I was told that as long as I had enough in the bank I wouldn't even have to show an income. What gives?!?!?

Here in VJ, majority of time we want to be subjective and stay away from judgments and recommendations leading to no substantial help. You said you are only relying on  assets to show your ability to support your spouse. It is up to the embassy to honor that and appropriately review your assets. You are right that a good amount of money that is sitting in the bank is a good to make your case since it can be converted to cash within one year. The point that you are missing here is that it only applies if using that cash to support your spouse will not cause considerable hardship or financial loss.  

To put everything in perspective NVC needs and requires you to show your tax return that is a must and arguing around is a dead end. In addition, you mentioned that IRS owes you "ton of money", this is not good. The reason, because that is considered as debt on the cash that you have in the bank. If you subtract that debt, there might be chance the Co might not like the numbers at that time. Another way of thinking about it is: using cars for example as an asset. You can only use a car that is not your primary.

Let's say you own a Corvette that is appraised for 40k, but you have it financed. Your debt balance is 25k. At that point, it is not a reliable asset to use due to the equity.

I would recommend that you first either file your taxes, or apply for an extention....I am not really an expert when it comes to IRS. Plus, just comply with their requirements. If your salary is below 125% poverty guideline, then use your assets.  

6 hours ago, mimolicious said:

Did you seriously just argue with a CO because you didn't like the fact that you're required to submit your tax returns? Casablanca is at the top of the list for one of the most difficult consulates and you're arguing about a requirement. Just wow. Even better you just stated in an open forum, where we know CO's peruse, and you now say your husband will come to the US with a visitor visa and adjust status just because you're pissed that you have to submit required documents. I rarely comment in threads like this, but if you decide to commit visa fraud I hope your husband is deported from the US and banned for life. No one ever said immigration was easy and your contempt for a CO, a man who literally holds you future in his hands, is just plain stupidity.

Amen.

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.