DaveSana

Improving the Spousal & Fiancee Visa Processes

121 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks lenchick u said it perfectly.i haven't seen my mom in 4 years. I have a daughter and my mom only seen her once. She want to spoil her very badly. I did have a us visa but went to renew it and did not get it back due to the petition.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, jamaicankim said:

Thanks lenchick u said it perfectly.i haven't seen my mom in 4 years. I have a daughter and my mom only seen her once. She want to spoil her very badly. I did have a us visa but went to renew it and did not get it back due to the petition.

Could she not come to you?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ways to improve from my k1 experience 

- better case updates

- maybe instead of only 90 days to marry , make it 120 days ( we all know how financially challenging the process can be , an added month could help in many ways)

- reward/discount system maybe for petitioners/beneficiaries who actually get everything done correctly and on time 

- change the requirement of visits based on where the country of the beneficiary is from

- better communication with uscis/nvc/embassies 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have priority processing available for $3000. As you know, 98% of the processing time is the application just sitting and waiting for someone to look at it. And considering this would obviate the cost of traveling to visit, long distance charges.. it would be well worth it.

Transparency. That would go a long way to alleviate the sense that there is  a large black hole everything seems to fall into once they cash your check.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those on a k1 are pro k1

a cr1 is pro that and those on an overstay b2 are for that.

i personally think, easiest way to move to America is to find someone to marry

that is where the problem lies. No matter what, to come to America u have to marry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Some off-topic posts have been removed.  Please stick to the thread's topic.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, aaa2zzz said:

Have priority processing available for $3000. As you know, 98% of the processing time is the application just sitting and waiting for someone to look at it. And considering this would obviate the cost of traveling to visit, long distance charges.. it would be well worth it.

You are kidding? $3000 would make no difference, everyone would just pay extra and still end up in the same cluttered mess!

My improvement would be to cancel all AOS who magically married on the 'spur' of the moment and decided to stay.

Send them back home and do the process correctly.

The process is not here to please, if it takes 6 months or 20 years, they really don't care what you think. Its not a grocery store!!

Edited by DJ6372

When you file your taxes every year, the "normal" form is a 1040. If, however, you don't plan on taking any deductions, bells or

whistles, you fill out a 1040EZ. It's basically slapping the info straight from your W2 and onto a form and voila.

I think it would be nice to have an "EZ" equivalent just for the I-129. My petition, for example, was only for my fiancé and myself. No kids, no previous arrests, no translators needed, no bells or whistles. I think I wrote "N/A" more often than I wrote actual words!

It could at least help move things along, I think, if there were an EZ form and a designated desk/corner/floor of the USCIS that only processes those.

The poor folks over there are swamped anyway...might be nice to be assigned to the EZ desk every now and again!

Filed: Country: Panama
Timeline

-Be able to submit everything electronically so as to avoid making a silly mistake on the forms or leaving a document out

-Provide a deadline that the steps will be completed in.  Example: from date package is received it will be no later then one year until a decision will be made.  That way you can make plans for your life more easily.

-Use our social media accounts to help determine motive?  I don't know if this is a good idea since I don't even have social media, and really this may allow for too many wrong opinions to be made.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, j25037771 said:

-Be able to submit everything electronically so as to avoid making a silly mistake on the forms or leaving a document out

-Provide a deadline that the steps will be completed in.  Example: from date package is received it will be no later then one year until a decision will be made.  That way you can make plans for your life more easily.

-Use our social media accounts to help determine motive?  I don't know if this is a good idea since I don't even have social media, and really this may allow for too many wrong opinions to be made.

The only thing with social media are things like privacy settings, identity issues etc.

8 hours ago, Valabum said:

When you file your taxes every year, the "normal" form is a 1040. If, however, you don't plan on taking any deductions, bells or

whistles, you fill out a 1040EZ. It's basically slapping the info straight from your W2 and onto a form and voila.

I think it would be nice to have an "EZ" equivalent just for the I-129. My petition, for example, was only for my fiancé and myself. No kids, no previous arrests, no translators needed, no bells or whistles. I think I wrote "N/A" more often than I wrote actual words!

It could at least help move things along, I think, if there were an EZ form and a designated desk/corner/floor of the USCIS that only processes those.

The poor folks over there are swamped anyway...might be nice to be assigned to the EZ desk every now and again!

AND only have to include your husband's income to file jointly here in the USA until he gets here. I can make no sense of the taxes he filed in Pakistan. And to make a further complication, he had to file taxes in Pakistan AND Serbia (where he ships to). Now we will have to go back and refile taxes when he gets here...grrrr

18 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

AND only have to include your husband's income to file jointly here in the USA until he gets here. I can make no sense of the taxes he filed in Pakistan. And to make a further complication, he had to file taxes in Pakistan AND Serbia (where he ships to). Now we will have to go back and refile taxes when he gets here...grrrr

Wouldn't you save yourself some trouble by electing to file married filing separately?  

Yes, that's what I had to do (filed separately). That's why I was saying why can't I just put his total income, even though he owns his own businesses. There are bunches of forms to fill out. But it cost us out the wazoo for me to do that.

Edited by Love To Teach

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.