Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Lenchick

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 176767

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa (DCF)
  • Place benefits filed at

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

2,808 profile views
  1. She needs to go through the court if the father is not in the picture at all, the court in Ukraine will quickly decide against the father, especially he is not even Ukrainian. Make sure you hire a lawyer and have $$$$. I would go directly to the court to ask if they have their own lawyers.
  2. If your husband is active duty and you are going to naturalize in the US consulate in Germany, then he will have to be a US citizen for 3 years and you need to be a resident for free years, if you want to fly for the interview to the US, then No. Are you stateside? You need to be on your husband's orders to go through Expedited Naturalization, he needs to have at least 1 year left from the date you file the application and it should be PDS not TDY Here is the link for you military spouses -https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartI-Chapter9.html#S-B 319(b)-https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter4.html#footnote-8
  3. I mean you only said about militaries. My point was that there are bunch of other people who are not militaries and not command sponsored and they can still apply under 319b if conditions met. It might be not always a commander who authorizes dependents to accompany. there is a list that says whose spouses can apply C. Qualifying Employment Abroad Qualifying employment abroad means to be under employment contract or orders and to assume the duties of employment in any of following entities or positions: [12] •Government of the United States (including the U.S. armed forces); •American institution of research recognized as such by the Attorney General; [13] •American firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade and commerce of the United States, or a subsidiary thereof; •Public international organization in which the United States participates by treaty or statute; [14] •Authorized to perform the ministerial or priestly functions of a religious denomination having a bona fide organization within the United States; or •Engaged solely as a missionary by a religious denomination or by an interdenominational mission organization having a bona fide organization within the United States.
  4. Command sponsored doesn't have anything to do with it. There is a law and it's listed who can apply under 319b. It can be also just an American company located overseas provided there are certain requirements met.
  5. you did everything correct then! try to contact them about your account, they should provide you with a code.
  6. it is not just a case status. You should receive a second letter after filing your application, where there would be a code and the instruction how to create an account. When you log into your account, you can see your documents that you sent and your scanned fingerprints should be also there. if you didn't specify on your application that you filed under 319b. Then they expect you to be for biometrics in the states. I hope you did specify. So if you did create an account and log into it, then you should see "my account'' at the top right corner, you hover over it and see the dialogue window with inbox. See the screenshot attached.
  7. Did you specify that you applied under 319b on the envelope and then on the application?
  8. On the application you choose Washington DC - Washington field office and this is exactly where it's located in Fairfax
  9. I know this is an old thread but just for someone who might need this info in the future. Children who are born abroad DO NOT derive the US citizenship while their US citizen parents reside abroad. If you work for the US gov and the child is ON YOUR orders not on his step-parent's orders, the child can derive the citizenship, otherwise NOT. But at some point of time when you return back to the states permanently, the child will automatically derive the citizenship from you, provided he is a US resident and he is under 18. There are also a few more requirements to it that can be found on the official website in the manual.
  10. you have your online account right? You can write there and ask. My fingerprints didn't get through. I didn't have them redone. They just ask me to bring a police certificate for the interview.
  11. First the application goes to a service center and then they send it to the location where you specified you wanted to have an interview in your application. Why did you say you 'hope'?
  12. Yes, I chose Fairfax following the recommendations from the old posts here. They really specialize very well on 319b cases and have oath ceremonies the same day. They also personally contact to ask to choose the interview date. It was really convenient!
  13. People above don’t know what they are saying. Yes, if you are allowed to live with him by his command then you can live overseas with him without being afraid of losing your US resident status. Just get an official letter from the office that serves active militaries that confirms it so that you wouldn’t worry.
  14. Lenchick

    Ukraine Unpaid Debts

    Installment is the same plan practically. It tells you how much you are supposed to pay every month inside your online banking account. I had a credit card and the bank would send me a notification on my cell phone how much I was supposed to deposit before the end of every month, and if I didn't the penalty would apply which meant I would pay more if I deposit later.
  15. Lenchick

    Ukraine Unpaid Debts

    She should have a payment plan set up by her bank. Does she fullfil that? I mean she should deposit every month a particular sum to cover that debt. If she does it then it’s okay. But $700 is not that much I guess. You could help her pay that off before she leaves if it’s bothering you. She can stretch that for years, even when she is in the states and works she can continue paying it off. I don’t think having a debt will prevent her from crossing the border if she continues paying it off. The tax property is pennies in Ukraine.