Johnteller

Spouse cheated. I am a US citizen. I sponsored her. How do I delay her Citizenship process?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I sponsored my wife a year ago and this week I discovered that she was cheating on me while she was back home and also while she is here. 

I am beginning to feel she married me to obtain US Passport. 

She confessed to every wrongdoing she did and i have evidence of her cheating. I need to understand whether she married me for the sake of obtaining US citizenship. 

I can forgive her, but I gave her condition to be faithful.

Meanwhile I want to restrict her from obtaining citizenship in which she can get in 2 years.

What are the steps? 

Edited by Johnteller

One of those guys...

So is the next questions of yours is how to deport your spouse?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Divorce her and she will have to wait 4 more years.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/naturalization_requirements

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

I love her and want to give her a second chance but I don't want her to get Maybe what her intention was. ( or still maybe is).

Emotion is playing a key here. I am furious but also attached. Hope you understand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I do understand but you can't "restrict her".  I am sorry this happened to you.  I hope you both can work through it.

Sorry but you can't do anything with her immigration.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

One way or the other, she will need to wait at least 2 more years till she can get citizenship. You think in two years, you still won't have made up your mind if you want to divorce or keep being married?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

A friend of mine advised me to notify USCIS as marriage fraud where wife didn't commit to relationship with good faith. 

Do you think that's possible? 

I am trying to work things out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You  can delay by divorcing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Johnteller said:

A friend of mine advised me to notify USCIS as marriage fraud where wife didn't commit to relationship with good faith. 

That doesn't mean fraud.  Cheating =/= fraud

27 minutes ago, Johnteller said:

If she married you in good faith ON THE DAY of your marriage, and cheated a year later, then it's not marriage fraud because at the TIME of marriage the marriage was in good faith. You can't claim fraud unless she was cheating on you (and you can prove it) before you married her, during your wedding, and after your marriage. If she cheated on you after the marriage and it was even just a few months, it can be chalked up to her just straying.

Just because she married you doesn't mean she has to commit to you as bad as that sounds. People who come in on spousal visas get cheated on all the time and have divorces, if committing to the relationship and being 100% faithful was in the rules, then none of the people who divorced would have their green card still.

She just had to have married you in good faith, she doesn't have to stay with you or be faithful. The only cases where there were marriage fraud where like when the spouse had another husband in another country, or continuously talked to someone and had straight up said "Hey I'm marrying him for a green card".

You can delay her citizenship by divorcing her, but she can still get it later on. 

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.