Dave & Mong

Help needed wife abdoned marriage

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had a post a couple of months ago about my wife be gone. Who do i inform if i am not going to support her removal of conditions? Address? What info do I need? She has been gone for several months now and with zero communication for over a month. I can not divorce her yet as I have no idea where she is.

Thanks,

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You do not need to "inform" anyone that you are not doing ROC. You just don't fill out the form jointly, and you can't fill out the form jointly if you can't find her anyway.

It's possible to divorce without knowing where the other person is. It's possible to publish a notification in a newspaper or something; contact a divorce lawyer for the exact requirements in your jurisdiction.

She could easily fill out the form and forge his signature, though. :/ I guess if she has to go for an interview, then they will know that she left the marriage.

11/08/2012 - Became a couple online smile.png

08/21/2013 - I flew over from England to Boston to meet him smile.pngwub.png

08/29/2013 - I was due to go back home but decided to stay a little longer

09/20/2013 - We decided to get married smile.pngheart.gif

10/22/2013 - We got married!!!

12/13/2013 - Day 0 - Sent off I-130 and I-485 and I-765 to Chicago

12/16/2013 - Day 3 - AOS Packet arrived in Chicago according to USPS

12/20/2013 - Day 7 - Received e-notification to say case has been accepted and processing at the USCIS National Benefits Center.

12/24/2013 - Day 11 - Received official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

12/31/2013 - Day 18 - Received letter for biometrics appointment on January 23rd.

01/13/2014 - Day 31 - Received RFE for form I-864

01/23/2014 - Day 41 - Biometrics done!

03/04/2014 - Day 81 - RFE response sent!

03/06/2014 - Day 83 - RFE response arrived there!

03/20/2014 - Day 97 - EAD card in production!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card mailed out!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card in USPS possession and given tracking number

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - Green card interview being scheduled! :D

03/30/2014 - Day 107 - USCIS mailed out our interview notice, scheduled for May 6th!

03/31/2014 - Day 108 - Received I-765 EAD work permit in the mail!

04/01/2014 - Day 109 - Received appointment for GC

05/06/2014 - Day 145 - GC interview approved!!!

:wow:

Unreal she still at the salon??

You are on the hook for the afidavit

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i realize what I am on the hook for. And I haad someone she does not know go to the saloon to see if she is there where her cousin "thought" she might be and she was not there.

ROC is her process, not yours. You don't have to do anything or inform anyone of anything for that.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

uthe 1 year starts when you file seperation papers / you can not just say she is gone a year

so, get an attorney and do this right/ file seperation and missing person report

Forgot to say you have my regrets as i know this is hard

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Filed: Timeline

Oh, I forgot to add to inventory her personable belongings with pictures. You don't want anyone claiming you "stole" them. You're going to want to return them to her at some point. I hope she is safe so that you can. Good Luck. I know this sucks no matter how you look at it.

We men as kind of dumb sometimes, we don't get the hint even after it smacks us in the face.

This woman has clearly given you all the signs that she doesn't want to be with you, running away to work at a "salon".

Now, she has been out of contact for a while. All you need to do is forget about her, and move on with your life. Not that you are obligated to since she abandoned everything, but you may want to put all her ####### in boxes in the basement, in case she ever tries to claim them.

And not, under any circumstances, would I ever think about taking her back if she tried to come back.

Oh no.

This is not the update I was hoping for. Sorry things didn't turn out for the better.

Best of luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.