Khandybhaby

My tourist visa denied because i answered no to the question if anyone applied a visa for me before? I was not sure because i didnt pursued b4

46 posts in this topic

I've never heard of writing a letter to hand in to the CO to explain anything. I don't think that'll help at all. OP will have to explain herself in person.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You hear about people taking documentation with them, very rarely read.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You can apply again any time you wish, but I personally believe you've burned the bridge to getting a tourist visa to the USA for good. All applicants for a B2 are under the burden of proving they will leave when they are supposed to. All are assumed to have immigration intent. So applicants need to gather up their evidence and answer questions honestly and truthfully to stand a chance of getting the visa. You have just proved you are no honest, and this has been documented in this interview. Yes it was possible you forget about the old K-1 petition, which is why the console officer gave you a chance to come clean. He already knew you missed noting it on your application, he had the records. He even reminded you of the name of the person who petitioned you. Your response to blank out and not admit you knew him was mistake number one. Number two was when you still continued to deny a previous petition filed on your behalf. And yes you had to provide signed documents for that old I-129F, or you never would have heard from the embassy, and the petition would have been denied and never made it to the embassy. The consular officer knew all this and your response was to become hesitant, non responsive and continue with the denial. Had you admitted you had, and told him you had forgotten about it, as it was 8 years prior, you may have had a denial, but not be marked as someone who has lied to an immigration official. And that is the death blow for any future attempts to get a visa to the USA.

Here is your history

1 You attempted once before to immigrate to the USA with a K-1 visa. For what ever reason, this process failed, but you've established intent to immigrate.

2 You failed to disclose a previous petition filed on your behalf in a later visa application.

3 You continued to deny a previous visa petition filed on your behalf during an interview. This is where lying to an immigration official occurred.

Lying to an immigration official results in a bar from entry into the USA.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter4-10.html

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi sis, You mentioned that you have received a letter from US embassy manila before. I think you have received the eligibility letter containing a case number that you use to schedule the interview for US embassy. That means your case was approved but expired because you didnt take action for the next step. When the consular officer asked you who is richard? That means they had the record in their database of your K1 fiance visa from the past or else he would have not known it. If you are reapplying again with a tourist visa. If that is asked again in any of the forms, did someone petition you for a US visa before? You should answer yes. Lying is automatic denial. When you appear and take oath infront of the CO then it says there you swear to tell the truth. So even if you only have a little memory about it. You should say yes. Denying it wont help you.

Filed: Timeline

I don't think a prewritten letter given to the CO will help her case next interview especially with her previous response being on file.

You're probably right and as others have stated clearly, as far the consulate is concerned everything points to an "intent" to immigrate and they were lied to regardless of whether there was a misunderstanding or forgetfulness on the answer or not. Done is done. A record has been created and getting it overturned may almost be impossible. Nothing was said about a ban though. Was there one put in place?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I wish I could forget my ex fiancee...as everyone else has said...there is no use now..better save the money for your birthday party in manila...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My B2 visa application denied because of my previous fiancee visa question i mistakenly answered incorrect because i forgotten already.

Call me Khandy my nickname. I am working in Malaysia and i tried to apply aUS tourist visa but i was denied. My interview was yesterday only dated 27th April 2016. I was not late but many applicants on ques that day. I was confidently i can answer all the questions. And yes, i answered everything except for the last question :(

The questions are:

Where are you going to US? I answered accordingly

What will you do at US? I answered accordingly

Who you are going to meet? I am going to meet my friend

How did you meet your friend? I met him in Malaysia

I answered all with confidently and i smiled.

Okay good. Last question.

Who is Richard? I was shocked like i had slip of memory and questioned myself who is Richard? lol then in myself i remembered he was my ex-bf Chinese American who was applied a K! visa for me but i did not pursued the application. He visited me in Philippines that i forgotten already for 8 years. And now it was like a ghost coming back in my mind. We had no communications after we had broke up since that time he was going to marry someone else after our relationship.

Consul asked me if someone applied a US visa for me and i plainly answered it NO. But he asked me again and then i just told him Oh i thought that was expired or cancelled because that was Richard had told me before. Then the consul said "yeah, i am asking if he applied a visa for you? I don't know what to say, i can't explained everything to him. I was trying to remember him just to answer the question. And the consul told me "Okay, i will give you a second chance, Is he applied a visa for you? I was ###### up answered him NO still. :( and then finally he told me I am sorry your application is denied. I replied "Oh". I felt sad taking my passport and i even hardly took my passport in the window because of my wrong answer. Then i say Thank you to the consul and went out in that window. Sigh...i messed up. I was thought i can get that visa.

Now, i want to re-apply again this coming month of May. Please i hope you will help me about my case. That K1 visa that was applied from my ex-bf in US embassy, i did not pursued after i received the letter from US embassy in Philippines. We had misunderstanding and we broke up.

I believe you'll be wasting your time and money if you reapply in May. I also think you have burned the bridge with a B2 visa period. Reapplying this soon will show that you're desperate to come to the US which is not a positive thing. You also failed to answer the CO's questions truthfully and the fact that you have a "friend" in the US doesn't help you. It screams immigration intent. They have everything on record. You won't be starting over, clean slate next time you apply. Like I said, you'll be wasting time and money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Too bad, my gut is that she would have been approved if she responded, oh yes, I didnt realize it was a filed the old application. Richard was ...... Can I change my response now? Sounds like he gave her a few opportunities, she was given way more leeway most people get. Those several nos were nails to the death of a B2..

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

I genuinely am shocked that someone could forget a fiancé. That's a pretty big commitment to make to someone and for you not to remember it is a bit alarming.

As others have said you can try again but I don't see it being an easy road if there is a chance of you getting approved. Sounded like he was evening coaxing you in the right direction but you didn't take the hint and now have to face the consequences. It's unfortunate, but a K1 petition is certainly something they'd have asked you about.

AOS

09/02/2015 - Enter United States @ Raleigh Durham International Airport, NC under VWP

14/02/2015 - Fly to San Francisco, CA

09/05/2015 - I-94 Expires

22/05/2015 - Civil Surgeon Medical Examination

28/05/2015 - Received Sealed Envelope

04/07/2015 - Married in Vegas

14/08/2015 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

21/08/2015 - Emails/Texts of Acceptance for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

24/08/2015 - I-130 & I-485 Cheques Cashed

27/08/2015 - Paper NOA1 Received

14/09/2015 - Biometrics Letter Received

23/09/2015 - Biometrics Complete

17/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Produced

21/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

24/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Delivered

31/10/2015 - Received SSN

06/02/2016 - Interview Notice Delivered by Post

09/03/2016 - Interview

09/03/2016 - Approved at Interview + Card Ordered

14/03/2016 - Green Card Mailed

16/03/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

05/02/2018 - Sent I-751 to California Service Centre

07/02/2018 - I-751 Received

09/02/2018 - Extension Letter Arrived in Post

12/05/2018 - Biometrics Reused Letter

18/08/2018 - 18 Months Extension Letter

19/04/2019 - 1-751 Approved + Card Produced

Naturalisation

09/12/2018 - Sent N-400 Application Online

14/12/2018 - Received Paper NOA1

02/01/2019 - Biometrics Scheduled

06/02/2019 - Biometrics Rescheduled

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

The reason why i am here because i need an advice how to answer the consul in a good way to believe me even once again. I did a mistake to answer the consul and i admitted that. I was not really sure if i will answer him yes because that fiancee visa i didn't processed anything nor to present myself in US embassy in Philippines. I really don't know how to answer him because again i was trying to remember if that was a valid application, i didn't submit anything.

And i really had no idea that time how to process the visa and during the application we had misunderstanding and we broke up and we lost communication. That was my past life that i need to forget and i don't want to remembered. I just want to forget it and let him go. I never expected that consul will asked about him during my interview. It was hard for me to explain. But now he is a happily married man okay. I hope you can relate to me that he was my ex bf that we ended up in a sad love story.

My friend is were just a good friend. He has a pregnant gf in Philippines. I just want to spend my special day in NYC and return back in Malaysia after my vacation and early bird is better. Again, yeah i did a mistake again in my life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

As others have said, you're free to try, but the prospects are dim.

[Moderator hat on]

An off-topic comment has been removed from the thread.

[Moderator hat off]

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I believe when the CO kept asking you , that should have prompted you to think about the question and ask for clarification like you have one now. You could have asked the OP if that past application that you didn't pursue counts? I don't know if you remembered that but this is based on your post.

I think there are some relationships that could easily be forgotten depending on duration but the places you went, things you did together comes back to memory when you find yourself in the same place.

You can apply again hopefully, your explanation would be good enough. Good luck!

True, relationships can easily be forgotten. But a relationship where you were engaged and planning to immigrate to the US, NOT so much.

OP: You are not credible and I can bet the CO has a feeling your new "friend" in the US is really a boyfriend and because you "forgot" your "fiance" from 8 years ago the CO assumes you are at risk of not leaving the US once you arrive on a B2 You blew it...not only for a B2 but also other future attempts for any type of visas the the US

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

To IcezMan_IcezLady,

Why you are thinking that my friend is my boyfriend? He has a pregnant girlfriend in Philippines okay. Why i should wanting him to be my bf if he is committed and has a child to support? So how if my friend is a gay? The consul will think that he is my boyfriend too? If i was desperate to go in US, i might took that advantage and marry my ex-bf even we had misunderstanding. But i am not like that. I am hoping consul are smart to knew that.

For me marriage is holy, i was just realized that my ex-bf was not the right man i was looking for. During my application, i innocently asking him how to process the fiancee visa but his time was consumed by playing online games. He was 33 yrs old that time. I was thought also hows my life could be in US with him? So that was the one reason why i didn't processed the visa. But of course i will tell the truth with the consul if i will apply again. I might was not good enough to response to the question on my first interview because in myself i was not sure if it was valid visa.

The consul just confirmed that he applied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.