80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have been married to her for about 16 months. She is from Vietnam and I meet her through my neighbor, her cousin. She has had her green card since 11/15. Everything was fine except her parents always want money. I have caught her in a lie a couple of times for instance saying her father was very sick an at the hospital when in fact I just talked to him and he was home. In Feb. see went home to visit her family and wasn't the same, constantly saying she must work for her family. We have been sending a few hundred dollars a month but now she claims the need $1,000. I said I can only send $500 and she agreed. A few days later she disappeared, leaving the attached letter. I have only heard from her buy message, she will not do Facebook messenger or call. Her cousin said his mother was in Vietnam at the same time and someone agreed to give her parents money and my wife agreed to do work for this person to pay it back. She is thought to be around 30 minutes away. The note is what I came home to. O well to large to upload. But i did report her as missing to the police. How should I procede? She only took a few pieces of clothing and he wedding ring which she said she will wear anf left me the engagement ring. Said sorry, Ilove you and I will see you soon.

O man everyones worst fear!!!!! This happens so much its sick!!! Do an info pass and let them know she abandoned the marriage.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Her cousin, my neighbor, seemed very reluctant to say where she may be, as if this person has influence. I was told that I did not hear that from him. He is up and up, seems.

Who do i report this to? USCIS?

I am confused.

Is she missing or did she leave you?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from General Immigration to Effects of Major Changes ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Not a whole lot of information to go unfortunately. Maybe shes stuck in a rock /hard place. ...but I see hard to give her benefit of doubt.

But she didnt have to leave a letter at all if she was just going to bail....gl OP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's obvious she came in the marriage for green card status only. She's not interested. Report everything to immigration and they will handle it. Situations like this makes me sick because I'm here trying hard to get my husband here and people lie and make us "real life situation" hard.

I agree. However, your situation may be very similar. How do you know that it is not?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

USCIS only cares if a marriage was entered in good faith; not if it was entered in 'mistaken good faith'. She expected OP to send more money to her parents; didn't happen and now she is out there working it off. God knows what she is having to do to work it off.

Not marriage fraud nothing to report.

She left to make money for her parents; it's up to the OP to decide whether he wants to work this out or get a divorce.

Edited by IguanaCouple

Filed: Timeline

I think the lady got her GC she was seeking, theres no excuse on

her doing this...did you promise her a rose garden? seem like it

was well planned with the neighbor...$500 for her parents ...phew !!

that's some ppl here SS payments....what were you suppose to be

the Money-train...divorce & move on.

Why did you report her missing when she left you a bye bye letter

with fake reasons? She left you in that case..just hope shes alive

& well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.