teddy k

Don't want to renew wife's green card

97 posts in this topic

Her uncle is a lawyer in phil i told him to explain ti her last night now after he did and a good talk with her family she calmed down with all this talk

Her so called friends here are putting things in her head i told her not to listen to all if their talk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Irrelevant, would need to be a US Lawyer and had it explained to her before she signed it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have been married what? A year? A prenup is pretty much pointless for a year. Remove it from the equation.

If you are in a marriage where it it not seen as an equal partnership by both parties and the advantages one has over the other (money, green card, sex, etc) is used as a way to control or extort the other then it is a doomed situation.

You were played. Get out. Don't do anything intentionally to cause her any type of harm out of spite. If she wants to go home pay for it - if she wants to stay help her get on her feet on her own and then walk away. It is not about what is fair it is about this being the best thing to do for yourself in the long term.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

The problem start when she started listening to her so called Filipino friends who are well off because of an inherited money from an US uncle now she telling me to get a better job so we can move into a better house i told her yeah when you start working full-time since its a 2 way street here

Cuz she only working part-time

The problem start when she started listening to her so called Filipino friends who are well off because of an inherited money from an US uncle now she telling me to get a better job so we can move into a better house i told her yeah when you start working full-time since its a 2 way street here

Cuz she only working part-time

I've seen that same situation before. Filipinos can be very competitive. If your wife falls in with the wrong crowd and starts taking bad advice you can find yourself in a bad spot. But I wouldn't be playing these games with it. Playing games is a no win situation. Explain where you stand on things to her, find compromise where you can, and if not set her free.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thanks caryh that's where this whole thing started with these so called friends who are telling her a bunch of things and their words are golden since they're Filipino. We are always fighting because if it. Of course i yell at her cuz i am tired of it all.i let her have her way at first but then i explained how it works here but her friends tell her the way but now see how far she goes with her friends with nothing but her own money from her part time job see if her friends will be there when she can't treat them no more

I taken her off my bank everything

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks LEE i will just wait and see how things go cuz this morning a whole new her i don't know what her family said to her but i will wait and see. But thanks. Good luck on your end too

her family advised her to re-adjust her attitude until her daughter

gets here, and possible until she apply to naturalize in another two years

get out now by divorcing she already showed her hand

Edited by Shiobhan

So, this removal of conditions really serves no purpose other then a means to collect more fees for uscis, huh?

Let me get this straight, if your wife enters US before your second anniversary, then you have to pay more to get the conditions removed. However, if she enter just after your second anniversary, then there's no conditions on the green card?

This account and timeline is created to help people embarking on the same journey!

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015

Interview date- December 15, 2015 - AP, due to i-864

Issued - Feb 25, 2016 ---- 436 days since filing. :thumbs:

In hand - [check]

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So, this removal of conditions really serves no purpose other then a means to collect more fees for uscis, huh?

Let me get this straight, if your wife enters US before your second anniversary, then you have to pay more to get the conditions removed. However, if she enter just after your second anniversary, then there's no conditions on the green card?

ROC weeds out some marital fraud. So that one doesn't get their gc and just take off

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I don't think your wife is interested in you. She says she's going to go live with someone else who can give her a better life? If you stay in this marriage you are only inviting more pain. Divorce, put it down to experience and move on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.